Anyone else notice their perception of a strain may change if concentrated?

Denver912

Just curious about this. Certain and I do mean certain strains I dislike in flower form but really like in wax form. Not meaning the common sense factor of dude it's fucking hash. As there are other strains which I dislike both flowers and wax blueberry, northern lights comes to mind though there are others. But I try to stay clear of those genetics.

Green crack and blue dream(blueberry haze)being two that really stand out that I didn't like those flowers(and they were bomb)but felt different effects from the wax version. Like those medical gaps were filled.

I'm just interested if others have noticed this and what's the name for it.

Starting to think about ratios and formulations of strains to treat myself with concentrates. Being mixing different types of concentrates including (co2,bho,solvent less).

Any input? Terpenes I've associated negatively being removed via the extraction?

Denver912,
Reactions: weedemon
interesting!

personally i prefer all my strains as flowers, for me concentrates always are missing something and on the other hand they are too strong for my liking...

admittedly a nice full melt dry sift once in a while goes down well, but i'll always choose the flowers over anything solvent extracted!

Any input? Terpenes I've associated negatively being removed via the extraction?

sounds reasonable. i'm a firm believer that terpenes play a very imporatnt role in the differences of the effects of strains...

SoulCaptivesAreFree,
Reactions: Denver912
where you finding that full melt dry sift shit is rare as hell :mmmm:

at the bottom of a tumbler ;)

here's some skunk x haze dry sift:

dxnt99N.jpg

intense incense :mmmm: :D

weedemon

enthusiast
I found that a strain called cadillac was such a weird taste. It was better in hash form. same with super silver haze (I actually dislike the SSH taste as I recall). In oil form, I found the negative smell was not as noticeable anymore.

darkrom

Great Scott!
Random idea here with no proof, but perhaps the elimination of various terpenes in the extraction process made other terpenes more prominent. We really know VERY little about terpenes, and specifically how they react with other compounds of the plant/oil.

GR

From the moment a plant is cut down for harvest it is loosing terpenes just to the atmosphere. Drying and curing is very important part of the end results of the flowers as well as how long the plant was allowed to flower, and that's just flowers.

Making oil has tons more variables. Is the oil made from flowers? Flower trimmings? Or waste trimmings (compost)? If the flower is processed within 5 days of harvest or less the terpenes can be overwhelming. Is the oil being shot through a tube or in a closed system? A closed system allows for multiple washes, soaks, and temperatures can be altered to have great effect on what the end result will be and test as.

I have had strains I did not like the flavor nor the high in flower but processed as oil under a specific method for that strain has turned them into something very special.

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Random idea here with no proof, but perhaps the elimination of various terpenes in the extraction process made other terpenes more prominent. We really know VERY little about terpenes, and specifically how they react with other compounds of the plant/oil.
Very plausible and I actually think that's why. I know that my CO2 oil has a peppery taste usually due to the terpene that CO2 really likes to pull. It's possible that the butane does something similar with terpenes, perhaps even destroying some of them from the super cold butane coming out of the bottle?

weedemon

enthusiast
It's possible that the butane does something similar with terpenes, perhaps even destroying some of them from the super cold butane coming out of the bottle?

is the CO not really cold also?

I find hte idea of CO really attractive. a "solvent" that I am not so scared of.

weedemon,
Reactions: darkrom
Top Bottom