Anybody gone edibles only?

shredder

Bottom line - if I have things to do 5-8 hours in the future, I donā€™t touch edibles - full stop. I learned the hard way, when I took 1/2 my normal dosage when I had some serious pain in the middle of the day, and the edibles I took were at least 3-4X stronger than their alleged potency and I was flying around in outer space when I needed to have all my faculties.

I hear what your saying, but shit happens.

Last night I took a sleep capsule about 9:30 planning on going to bed at 11pm.

About 10:30pm our power went out. I waited about 20 minutes to see if it would come back on quickly.

Long story shortened but I had to go out in single digit cold, hook up and start my generator, do the electrical switching to save my grow room (and us) from freezing. All while high as hell.

I find I can reach deep when I need to, and last night I needed to.

BTW our power came back about 3am, but I got up at 7:30am to restore shore power.

selector_plume

It takes a few months - and looootttss of experimenting with different brands to get yourself dialed in properly, but once you do - theyā€™re extremely effective and they can be quite convenient.
Now add the variables in a non-legal state, ie making our own. I do agree about the amount of experimenting needed to find the correct dosage and timing. I've had edibles kick in 15 minutes (almost always a bad sign that I over indulged) or as much as 2.5 hours. I've really been able to hone-in a repeatable and positive effects, but it's taken practice. We've all had the "too much" feeling that can be simple discomfort and mild anxiety to full blown panic attacks, it's the worse - but nailing the perfect dosage is almost magical.

When I use the same batch, use the same dose, and adhere to the same timing, and take in my dinner right afterwards I've found the effects to be quite repeatable. I realize that as I type this out, this might be why not everyone loves the edible experience. Reading this thread informs people to how many variables there are to edibles.

I do feel like the edible experience, when done correctly, has been my favorite experience from my long and storied relationship with cannabis. :)

An empty stomach helps, caffeine helps, and carbs help.
Can you clarify? I find that the oil infusions take longer to set in on an empty stomach and when I eat a meal it reduces the time to onset by half or more. Not doubting you of course just interested in your take.

so I could always take a hit of flower to get the party started, while I wait for the same flower in the caps to kick in.
I've had that choice be both good and bad! Tread lightly.

shredder

Can you clarify? I find that the oil infusions take longer to set in on an empty stomach and when I eat a meal it reduces the time to onset by half or more. Not doubting you of course just interested in your take.

For me with my morning coffee and an empty stomach infused oil hits me fast. The same oil on food with a big meal can take 2 hours. But these are the extremes. And that's for me.

Usually in the afternoon with not a lot of food in me to digest a little infused oil on a cookie or cracker takes me about 30- 45 minutes to feel.

My wife usually takes a bigger dose, only uses after 6pm or so and it takes her an hour or so to feel anything.

I don't know if there's a correlation but my digestive system works well and she has IBS. Whatever it is our digestive systems are all different.

I've also read about people who get nothing, then get trashed a few hours later after a big meal. That has never happened to me. We're all different.

Edit, let's not forget how your mood effects your buzz.

Who hasn't got trashed with friends on a low dose, or sobered up quick after seeing those flashing red lights in the rear view mirror?

Last edited:

vonfatman

i was all vape a till a few months ago. i had knee replacement (both knees - 5 months apart)
during rehab and p.t. my caregiver introduced me to dosing with rso. being an old friend of downers, i am kinda proud that after plenty of pain, i have plenty of ā€˜oxiā€™ left over with no desire for them. God bless cannabis!

edibles/medibles on my list:
#1 - favorite - decarbed flower, powdered - crammed dry/sticky into 00 caps - i usually take 2-3gr. a half hour after swallowing a couple caps lecithin & a couple caps of MCT oil. prefer an empty stomach for best results.
gives me the best overall ā€œhitā€™n on all cylindersā€œ feelā€¦.but as always, day-to-day many things can change the ā€œfeelā€
#2 - rso (warmed & mixed into oil or direct into peanut butter.
#3 - infused MCT oil with either kief, flower or concentrate.

since i donā€™t ā€œneedā€ cookies and snacks, most days i am a caps kinda guy.

for me, an easier way to medicate.

Last edited:

selector_plume

i was all vape a till a few months ago. i had knee replacement (both knees - 5 months apart)
during rehab and p.t. my caregiver introduced me to dosing with rso. being an old friend of downers, i am kinda proud that after plenty of pain, i have plenty of ā€˜oxiā€™ left over with no desire for them. God bless cannabis!

edibles/medibles on my list:
#1 - favorite - decarbed flower, powdered - crammed dry/sticky into 00 caps - i usually take 2-3gr. a half hour after swallowing a couple caps lecithin & a couple caps of MCT oil. prefer an empty stomach for best results.
gives me the best overall ā€œhitā€™n on all cylindersā€œ feelā€¦.but as always, day-to-day many things can change the ā€œfeelā€
#2 - rso (warmed & mixed into oil or direct into peanut butter.
#3 - infused MCT oil with either kief, flower or concentrate.

since i donā€™t ā€œneedā€ cookies and snacks, most days i am a caps kinda guy.

for me, an easier way to medicate.
Well I just learned what RSO is, thank you! Can you relay the differences between RSO and typical canna caps, or EVO/MCT infusion? Similar experiences ? Iā€™m intrigued

selector_plume,
Reactions: shredder
Top Bottom