Any vapers around here who listen to metal?

Yukon Cornelius

I love listening to some rifftastic metal especially death, doom, stoner :D, and sludge.

There's nothing quite like listening to metal while vaked. Some of my favorites are Acid Bath, Electric Wizard, Sleep, Ahab, Goatsnake, Cathedral, Reverend Bizarre, Crowbar, Down, Eyehategod, Toner Low, Gorguts, Cryptopsy, Gojira, and pretty much anything with some luscious riffs :lol:!!!

Any fellow metalheads here at FC?

Yukon Cornelius,
Reactions: NeoSteam85

SmogTown

I listen to some metal but it tends to be older stuff. Damn I must be getting old I've never heard of those bands :lol:.

SmogTown,

niall

Ditto :uhoh:

Highly recommend listening to Thergothon (edit: not Finland's "Unholy" like I originally said, but also very good!) while very, very high. Slow doom metal, like the atmosphere congealed into thick sludge and time has stopped. It's trancendental and meditative :D

Also semi-related stuff like Ved Buens Ende, In The Woods, ... , and dare I say it ManOWar! :cool:

niall,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
Dethklok's newest album is out, it is pretty good (from the cartoon Metalocalypse)

should also check out Cannabis Corpse. They are a cannibal corpse tribute band, but they change all the lyrics so they relate too Bud instead

DevoTheStrange,

flanman

DevoTheStrange said:
Dethklok's newest album is out, it is pretty good (from the cartoon Metalocalypse)
good chance i'll be seeing their show on the 25th :D

flanman,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
flanman said:
DevoTheStrange said:
good chance i'll be seeing their show on the 25th :D
yeah, I've seen them twice so far... Great show... First time I saw them they opened up for Death Cab for Cutie. (talk about an odd lineup) Was funny though, absolutely no one there wanted too see Death Cab. Every left after Dethklok was done... From what I heard Death Cab only played a few songs then just gave up and quit playing because there was no audience.

and a total interesting side note.. before I had started too consume MJ as much as I do.. I used too hate metal... couldnt stand it. And now I cannot get enough of it. Alot of it came down too how cool I though metal sounded when I was stoned out of my mind.
I had always thought that stoner's interest in metal was an odd one... until I got turned onto metal by becoming a stoner... now its like "Why have I never listened too this stuff before?"

DevoTheStrange,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Jeez I feel old - haven't heard of many of the bands... Will have to look up!

My husband freaks when I crank some Slipknot or the likes... Love to see his reaction to some of those! My son listens to all kinds of harder rock and turns me on to some newer music but haven't heard those band names.

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE me some Godsmack, just saw them last month! Love concerts, back in my younger days the heavier stuff was like Iron Maiden or Metallica... I saw them all :) LOL

Times they are a' changing :D

I listen to stuff from 60's up to current shit. I really like some loud Godsmack though as a staple in my diet!!

I'll keep eye on this thread and look up some of those bands... I love to discover new tuneage! Thanks!

Lo,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
another good band is Om, (pretty much the rhythm section of Sleep)... kind of along the lines of sludge metal...
Blood Ceremony is another atypical sludge band that I like.

DevoTheStrange,

hopandstop

If you're feeling experimental and/or want to try new things, give these a listen:

Old Man Gloom
Between The Buried and Me (scene but still great)
Burzum
Extol
Converge ('Jane Doe' is a classic)
Dillinger Escape Plan (have an EP with Mike Patton that is incredible)
Burning Skies
Curl Up and Die
Dead By Wednesday (some of the fastest hip hop/metal stuff I've heard. Cheesy, but fun)
Enter Shikari (less screaming but awesome music)
Fear Before (and their old stuff under the name Fear Before The March of Flames)
IWrestledABearOnce (incredible female-fronted grind band)
Genghis Tron
Gay For Johnny Depp
Blood Brothers
Head Wound City
Anaal Nathrakh
Amesoeurs
Zao
Fuck Buttons (more noise-ish than metal)
Glass Casket
Hair Police
Harry Pussy (it's their name... sorry for the obscenities...)
Anal C*nt (sorry again... a 'u' goes there...)
Daughters
Arsonists Get All The Girls
Shat

hopandstop,

Skunkypete

Escape Artist
I'm still stuck in the 80's and 90's:

Metallica up to the black album , Megadeth up to youthanasia , anything by Slayer , anything by Pantera (RIP Dimebag) , Anything by Suicidal Tendencies , the last 2 Death album (RIP Chuck) some System of a Down , some Machine Head and Black Sabbath of course.

The only new metal I listen to a lot is Lamb of God. I actually bought all their album. They restored my faith in metal. For a while it seemed all the new metal bands were so called nu-metal , rapping and shit like that. Not my style but to each is own I guess.

Skunkypete,

vape4health

I need to check out some from the lists above . Sepultura is/was the hardest thing I listen to .

vape4health,

The_Other_Shoe

What's Going On?
Oh yea, actually have been checking out the classic rock scene while vaped, but have a huge collection of metal to listen to, and should really try it some time.

God Dethroned
Cannibal Corpse
Children of Bodom
Cradle of Filth
Hecate Enthroned
Kreator
Marduk
Mushroomhead
Superjoint Ritual

The list goes on :D

As for Cannabis Corpse Devo, thanks for pointing that out I'm going to have to look into that.

The_Other_Shoe,

Lo

LMAO at Hair Police!! Damn I love reading the names of these bands!! I do like Lamb of God...thanks to my 16yr old playing it loud enough for me to hear! He also turned me onto System of a down, Machinehead, Black Label Society and a few others that I like.

I of course turned him onto Black Sabbath, Hendrix, Page, Plant, all the old greats, etc... And of course later stuff like AC/DC & Metallica :)

Now he has his music folder shared on the network so when I hear something I like I can snag it.

Lo,

Pseudonymous

Nameless
If anyone has not heard of Cult of Luna, you should change that. Try the song Dim off the album Somewhere Along The Highway.

Pseudonymous,

Yukon Cornelius

If anyone has not heard of Cult of Luna, you should change that. Try the song Dim off the album Somewhere Along The Highway.
Oh yes, some awesome sludge! I'm sure you've heard Isis's Oceanic then... and can't forget Neurosis's Through Silver in Blood!

Yukon Cornelius,

Lo

Can someone tell me what sludge means in music please?? I don't get it! I will ask my son about that Cult of Luna. I've never heard the sludge term!

Lo,

Yukon Cornelius

Can someone tell me what sludge means in music please?? I don't get it! I will ask my son about that Cult of Luna. I've never heard the sludge term!
Sludge=a genre of metal with doom and hardcore punk influences, usually laden with slow heavy, down-tuned guitar riffs, hence the term "sludge".

In a nutshell, it's a sub-genre of heavy metal.

Yukon Cornelius,

xantichristx

What I listen to I consider heavy.
Check out these bands if you havn't

Ministry
Nine inch nails
KMFDM
Superjoint ritual
Marilyn Manson
Pantera
Queens of the stone age / Mondo gererator
Tool / pucifer
Gwar
Unkown Hinson
slipknot
Static x

xantichristx,

The_Other_Shoe

What's Going On?
No, no, no... please out that noise away antichrist :p.... My friend listens to skinny puppy. I really have an urge to hurt him sometimes :rolleyes:. Although, all the other posts are pretty good above skinny puppy.

The_Other_Shoe,

Pseudonymous

Nameless
Yukon Cornelius said:
Sludge=a genre of metal with doom and hardcore punk influences, usually laden with slow heavy, down-tuned guitar riffs, hence the term "sludge".

In a nutshell, it's a sub-genre of heavy metal.
Also, it really sounds like what you think it would. It sludges along, haha. Cult of Luna are associated with the "post-metal" genre, but that genre is relatively new, so it isn't as well established as some others. Maybe that answers your question, Yukon!

If any of you are interested in a black metal / post-punk / new wave hybrid, I suggest Amesoeurs.

Cult of Luna are my current "big thing," but Amesoeurs are my favourite band.

For some reason, I think the best metal is metal that isn't really metal.

Pseudonymous,

buck824

Hail of Bullets
Morbid Angel
Six Feet Under
Putrid Pile
Devourment
Cliteater
Deicide
Job For A Cowboy
Suffocation
Jungle Rot
Bolt Thrower

These are the bands I've been listening to lately--they are more in the death metal vein . . .

buck824,
Top Bottom