Any sub-$200 rosin press that’s worth it?

iammyself

I decided to try pressing a bud with my wife’s hair straightener, and was excited by the results and potential. The cheapest rosin I can get here in FL, when it’s in stock, is $75/g. But I can get a half oz of flower for $99, or a full oz of ground flower for $99. So if my yields are around the 15-20% I’ve seen people posting, then I could press my own rosin cheaper after just a few grams. Please correct me if my math is wrong here, I’m medicated AND terrible at math.

So are there any recommendations for a rosin press under $200 that’s actually decent? I don’t have a lot of space, and can’t really justify spending more than $200, so I’m looking at small presses. I’ve been searching, and it seems the cheapest that is actually recommended is the dabpress 4 ton at $369. The ju1cebox is tempting because of its cheap entry price, but I’ve seen mixed posts here and on Reddit about it.

I’d be willing to do a diy option is there was a tried-and-true recommended method to make a press on the cheap. Thanks for any recommendations.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I wouldn’t recommend anything less than a Dabpress, they’re pretty much the best value around and most on here will agree.

The expensive stuff is usually hash rosin, you can press your own flower rosin for cheaper but IMO it won’t really be as good as the hash rosin. A lot of people probably won’t care, but for me it’s hash rosin all the way.

iammyself

I wouldn’t recommend anything less than a Dabpress, they’re pretty much the best value around and most on here will agree.

The expensive stuff is usually hash rosin, you can press your own flower rosin for cheaper but IMO it won’t really be as good as the hash rosin. A lot of people probably won’t care, but for me it’s hash rosin all the way.
It seems like just buying at the dispensary is the best option for most people.

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!

Amen. $369. Starter setup from DP.

Texus

And to piggyback on this thread, is there generally considered a "sweet spot" in the Dabpress range? Or any spots in the range where there would be significant improvements in quality/amount of extraction?

freddiegibbs

That is awesome and I stand corrected.
🙃
Heck yeah! Lucky to live in a legal market with great flower and decent prices. I will not abide anyone telling me flower rosin is inferior when I get results like these (my most recent 3 presses, all >30% yields):
C8-FC64-BD-8-E3-D-44-A5-B72-C-8-D0781-E57586.jpg

68-CF5813-7471-4-BF8-87-D3-B1-D7-CD6-FD4-DB.jpg

D0-A6-B910-F84-F-4-D92-AF24-77794332-DA8-E.jpg

audiodelic

... Boom Shiva !
I use a NugSmasher XP, which unfortunately would not meet the op's price criteria :\
edit: but of course the golden rule of rosin always applies: quality in, quality out. I'm sure similar results can be had with a basic dabpress kit.

The colours look awesome ....

Whats your go to temperature range and time duration of pressing ?

audiodelic,
Top Bottom