Any of you all make ABV RSO? I have a half pound or more and am wondering if I should water cure beforehand?

RxPlorer

A water cure isn't going to wash ash away. If your mesh is retaining ABV then it's retaining any residual ash.

My advice if there's even a slight chance that you have any ash in your ABV, toss it all. If you want to treat ABV as a useable product, then only save partially or lightly spent bud, never anything dark or scorched

shredder

I would like to wash away any ash but am paranoid about the mold potential. Worth the trouble?

I don't vape any more but when I did I saved the abv but apparently I was more picky with what I saved no ash, no black stuff.

As it is abv oil doesn't smell or taste great. The more you can clean it up the better. I winterized the oil I made to get as much yuck out as possible.

I mixed it with coconut oil and lecithin and filled capsules we used at night for a sleep aid.

The taste is too strong for most other edibles, but worked well for sleep.

Silenced008

A water cure isn't going to wash ash away. If your mesh is retaining ABV then it's retaining any residual ash.

My advice if there's even a slight chance that you have any ash in your ABV, toss it all. If you want to treat ABV as a useable product, then only save partially or lightly spent bud, never anything dark or scorched
No ash per say, but what happens very rarely is a burning dynavap bowl will get tossed into the jar. Half pound all in one huge mason jar and even though instantly notice and put it out, thought a water cure might be good for washing the small amount of yuck that built up while it was burning in the jar.

Other than this spontaneous combustion (ha!) my ABV is apparently pretty light. I go for dark chocolate colored ABV, but ofc the time I posted a pic of the jar I received a million “not dark enough” comments

Silenced008,

sickmanfraud

I would like to wash away any ash but am paranoid about the mold potential. Worth the trouble?

First, Welcome to FC.

If you are going to make RSO to go into capsules it does not matter since you are filtering the ethanol or ISO there is no actual plant matter in the capsules.

I personally take my AVB and decarb it. I understand that there are many people who say it is not necessary, Since I want to use mine to aid in sleep it does not bother me if some of the remaining THC becomes CBN.

Assuming you are making capsules I would suggest adding coconut or MCT oil to aid in bioavailability before you cap it.

Top Bottom