Any hip-hop heads in the "building"?

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Love these mf lofi mixes..calmed me down since discovery.

It's kind of funny to me as he was such a prolific lo-fi producer in his own right, but there's something hard about hearing him on these other beats. I guess it's more of that modern floaty/wavy/atmospheric lo-fi style, compared to the more gritty/grimy boom bap golden era sound.

Either way it definitely sets the vibe! :leaf:

invertedisdead,

BakedDiogenes

Five dollar gas and poverty rates
Are rising much higher than your hourly rate,
So if you’re thinking about quittin’, you should probably wait,
Cuz everybody gotta do a fucking job that they hate

***I recite these lines to green apprentices bitching about “work”. (Commercial/industrial electrician)

We all can’t simply do that thing we love and get by in this world. Reality is much less accommodating and even passion projects require dedication to the grind. ***

Last edited:

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
This popped up on my shuffle today, was my lockdown jam as I was living in MO during COVID. Added bonus Tech rhymes slow enough you can catch it all on the first take :)

Timps27,

Timps27

I absolutely love what Ronnie has been doing musically with FIR the past few years, plus his videos are always on point.

Timps27

I’ve only recently discovered Ren, I quite like his style. It’s almost a rock/rap approached from the diametric opposite of Ronnie and FIR.

BakedDiogenes

I’ve only recently discovered Ren, I quite like his style. It’s almost a rock/rap approached from the diametric opposite of Ronnie and FIR.

I recently discovered him, too!

Jenny’s Tale is an absolutely fabulous bit of storytelling.

It’s part of a set of songs (3 total, I think).

I also recently found this guy Kamauu:

Timps27

**Sensitive subject matter warning**

Video covers an obviously serious matter and may be difficult for those who struggle with self harm, or those who have loved one with self harm tendencies, or have experienced a loss related to self harm. That said, it is not done in an insensitive way, and in fact can be very powerful and cathartic.

JFC this kid is talented.

Top Bottom