Any FC 510 battery or cart threads?

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
Just purchased my first 510 batteries and carts from a single source. But know next to nothing about carts. And at some point I might want to buy a dedicated DD instead of swapping my plain pens batteries as often. Plus I know nothing about how medical safe they might be, etc .
Is there any FC thread that has a general discussion about 510 batteries and carts?

CuckFumbustion,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
There are several, they don't remain that active, so they kind of die and new ones get started, people mentioning brands but everyone's in different places so it doesn't help much unfortunately... we also have a few dedicated battery threads, for several of the yocan models in particular...

CuckFumbustion

Thanks @Shit Snacks. That's kinda what I figured when I scoured earlier. :sherlock: Yeah wasn't sure if there was enough traffic to have a dedicated thread that covered 510 in general since it is kinda of a standard right? I presume nearly all 510 carts work with 510 batteries, etc. But IDK.

I have a lot of general questions and will gather what I can in this here thread and from those specific brands. Any other rec'd brands besides Yukon? Total noob about carts. and batteries.

If there is enough of a groundswell generated, then I or someone can start an active 510 thread.

badbee

There was a lot of discussion last fall when we thought carts were the big danger for our lungs. How young and foolish we were :)

I have a Yocan Groote battery that I really like. I prefer a fire button and like it's compact industrial styling (for less than $20). As for safety, it's kind of a crap shoot with carts, no way to really know what you are getting. I stick with well known brands at legitimate dispensaries, here in WA that includes Oleum, Phat Panda, Avitas.

Shit Snacks

Thanks @Shit Snacks. That's kinda what I figured when I scoured earlier. :sherlock: Yeah wasn't sure if there was enough traffic to have a dedicated thread that covered 510 in general since it is kinda of a standard right? I presume nearly all 510 carts work with 510 batteries, etc. But IDK.

I have a lot of general questions and will gather what I can in this here thread and from those specific brands. Any other rec'd brands besides Yukon? Total noob about carts. and batteries.

If there is enough of a groundswell generated, then I or someone can start an active 510 thread.

Yeah there's a lot of generic branding, generally any 510 carts should work with any 510 batteries... Yocan have just done the most in this space, and are active here, so they have several different models that all work the same basically with different form factors... And yeah there's no way to know, what you're getting from where, always hit or miss, no way to verify carts, in CA at least.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
And yeah there's no way to know, what you're getting from where, always hit or miss, no way to verify carts, in CA at least.

Licensed distributors do not sell to unlicensed dispensaries, all you have to do is go to a medical or recreationally licensed shop in CA. I’ve been using prefilled cartridges for almost ten years now.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Just purchased my first 510 batteries and carts from a single source. But know next to nothing about carts. And at some point I might want to buy a dedicated DD instead of swapping my plain pens batteries as often. Plus I know nothing about how medical safe they might be, etc .
Is there any FC thread that has a general discussion about 510 batteries and carts?
I was using a ccell palm with flavored distillate for a while. It was very very convenient to take around town for quick hits on the road, at the beach or even around the yard. No matter what the flavor or even plain distillate, the taste was not great. There was always that slight off-taste of oil being overheated. It was more about getting a quick effective high because those SOB's can blow clouds.

But then all the info started coming out about the additives. I had known to stay clear of PG and VG for some time, but then I learned that a lot of suppliers were adding all kinds of products to thin out or flavor that stuff. It turned me off to the whole thing, even with terpenes being used because who knows if it's really good for you.

Now I understand that some conc like live resin and rosin's are produced in a way to make them usable in carts with absolutely no additives. If I can get that type of stuff then I'll start buying carts again. But I haven't explored it more. The past threads on 510 carts existed but then died out when the safety issue cast a cloud over their use. I'm sure they will come back when the process gains traction again with new safe methods.

I did see that ccell introduced a new very tiny battery for use with carts. Did you get one of those? They look cool.

Shit Snacks

Licensed distributors do not sell to unlicensed dispensaries, all you have to do is go to a medical or recreationally licensed shop in CA. I’ve been using prefilled cartridges for almost ten years now.

Yeah but I have no real idea what's actually in the license distributors' carts??

The markup can be absurdly high as well, I guess if you knew you were getting really nice cartridges it would be worth it, but so many times the markup is super high on brands that I think I know are trash...

There's really way too much variety and uncertainty involved unfortunately.

@BabyFacedFinster Yeah I like a battery that has a button so you have more control over the heat, even if it doesn't have temp settings you can control with how long you hold the button as opposed to inhale activated batteries like the palm... I actually often use preheat settings on the batteries, since they are set for an even lower voltage than the lowest setting, to avoid overheating

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Yeah but I have no real idea what's actually in the license distributors' carts??

The ingredients are on the package For anything good there will only be 1: cannabis oil

I’m honestly not sure what you mean about mark up, prices are usually pretty consistent in my experience unless you’re crossing counties where different tax rates come into play.

Id definitely suggest Buddies Liquid Diamonds if you’re looking for a solid bang for the buck brand in CA. Their Liquid diamonds aka liquid live resin is just activated live resin sauce, the exact same stuff you’d dab, no additives. Terpene percentage is on the box! I agree that there are an overwhelming amount of options on the market and its not always easy to get good direction from budtenders. Like all vape stuff you can probably find some good answers right here on FC!

High end Carts will cost more than the same gram of live resin sauce as a dabbable, as there are more steps involved and higher hardware costs - the authentic CCELL cartridge alone is a couple dollars, wholesale.

Shit Snacks

The ingredients are on the package For anything good there will only be 1: cannabis oil

I’m honestly not sure what you mean about mark up, prices are usually pretty consistent in my experience unless you’re crossing counties where different tax rates come into play.

Id definitely suggest Buddies Liquid Diamonds if you’re looking for a solid bang for the buck brand in CA. Their Liquid diamonds aka liquid live resin is just activated live resin sauce, the exact same stuff you’d dab, no additives. Terpene percentage is on the box! I agree that there are an overwhelming amount of options on the market and its not always easy to get good direction from budtenders. Like all vape stuff you can probably find some good answers right here on FC!

High end Carts will cost more than the same gram of live resin sauce as a dabbable, as there are more steps involved and higher hardware costs - the authentic CCELL cartridge alone is a couple dollars, wholesale.

Yeah the ingredients don't tell you what the oil actually has in it, how it was made etc etc. To be fair it's not like I have that from my herbs either lol should really big growing and making my own stuff of course...

I didn't say anything about price consistency per se, taxes are insane for recreational, so most of the places that charge the full tax load it's going to cost you like $80 for a nice gram cartridge? Even more I've seen

It depends on the place in the deal at the time, the raw garden cartridges are not unreasonable, $30 and $60 before taxed and deals, though in my experience they do clog easily... a real cc cell might be the best cartridge but there are so many different ones, what I tried had a ceramic mouthpiece and it was okay except for the clogging!

My buddy actually just got buddies from Oregon, I know I had seen them before here, but haven't tried them yet. The brand name made me less trustful but that's good to hear about the high quality, will have to give them a shot here next time...

What I was getting from my dispensary before everything changed and now I'm not even sure if they're open, was imperial life resin cartridges that were nice and great price... I miss that place, but I got some platinum vape from delivery, one was live resin melonade and the other a distillate lava cake thats actually pretty good.

I don't know though sometimes I don't like the pure live resin, so like it can be nice when it's cut with something, as long as it's safe stuff? I don't know I guess it's better to have the pure stuff and just try to control with your hits, and have good cartridges and such so you get the good flavor and stuff, yeah I just think it's a little too involved still.

I know I started a thread here, and I saw a few others, that really just died and don't go anywhere with this topic for some reason? Exposure?

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Yeah the ingredients don't tell you what the oil actually has in it, how it was made etc etc. To be fair it's not like I have that from my herbs either lol should really big growing and making my own stuff of course...

Cannabis oil is a single ingredient , If additional terpenes or a diluent are added, it should be listed on the box of any legal recreational product. For example, tinctures will always have more than "cannabis oil" listed as tinctures require a diluent by nature; but any great quality prefilled cartridge these days should not have anything added, I always avoid any brands who add stuff as I only want those oils in the original cannabis flower itself.

I would say most of them do say how they are made, ie: the extraction process; but you might have to be pretty well versed in concentrate terminology to really figure it out as some of the terms are a bit confusing. For example: Raw Garden uses the term "Refined Live Resin" which is a really elaborate way of saying distillate. Some would call it misleading but it's technically correct - these types of things can be tricky to figure out though if you're not deep into concentrates.

I didn't say anything about price consistency per se, taxes are insane for recreational, so most of the places that charge the full tax load it's going to cost you like $80 for a nice gram cartridge? Even more I've seen

Depends on the county for sure, but some of the counties with higher taxes will offer lower MSRP to try and offset the price for the customer, Buddies can be found for $50-60 OTD for me. Can spend more for better but IMO they are the best bang for the buck in CA right now. 2 years ago, it was Raw Garden, IMO RG has fell off quite a lot since they got big. A lot of grey market dispensaries selling fake Raw Garden carts as well which you definitely want to avoid.

though in my experience they do clog easily... a real cc cell might be the best cartridge but there are so many different ones, what I tried had a ceramic mouthpiece and it was okay except for the clogging!

Do you do cool-down hits when hitting the cart? You want to keep inhaling for a few seconds after you let off the power to "clear" the chamber of vapor. The #1 cause of clogged carts I see is from not clearing the cartridge and setting it down immediately after letting off the power. The Pax Era pods are really good at not clogging in my experience, but they are more expensive than CCells.

My buddy actually just got buddies from Oregon, I know I had seen them before here, but haven't tried them yet. The brand name made me less trustful but that's good to hear about the high quality, will have to give them a shot here next time...

Yeah Buddies is a brand originally from Oregon, I've honestly not been disappointed with any of their carts yet. And I'm pretty picky when it comes to cartridges, I do a LOT of due diligence on brands, and their processes and every one I've had from them was like a dab in your pocket. And I use a $1000 enail setup to dab from so I'm pretty serious about my dabs!

I know I started a thread here, and I saw a few others, that really just died and don't go anywhere with this topic for some reason? Exposure?

Probably two fold: one being regional differences in that a lot of brands aren't in multiple states, though we see that is changing like with Buddies above for example. And two: FC just isn't a big resource for concentrate info, especially wax pens - truthfully there's a lot of bias against these devices on here, which is understandable, though I think a great prefill is the ideal "one hitter" vape. I don't use them to replace dabs, I use them as more of a microdose solution for concentrates, which I truly think they excel at!

Shit Snacks

Cannabis oil is a single ingredient , If additional terpenes or a diluent are added, it should be listed on the box of any legal recreational product. For example, tinctures will always have more than "cannabis oil" listed as tinctures require a diluent by nature; but any great quality prefilled cartridge these days should not have anything added, I always avoid any brands who add stuff as I only want those oils in the original cannabis flower itself.

I would say most of them do say how they are made, ie: the extraction process; but you might have to be pretty well versed in concentrate terminology to really figure it out as some of the terms are a bit confusing. For example: Raw Garden uses the term "Refined Live Resin" which is a really elaborate way of saying distillate. Some would call it misleading but it's technically correct - these types of things can be tricky to figure out though if you're not deep into concentrates.

Depends on the county for sure, but some of the counties with higher taxes will offer lower MSRP to try and offset the price for the customer, Buddies can be found for $50-60 OTD for me. Can spend more for better but IMO they are the best bang for the buck in CA right now. 2 years ago, it was Raw Garden, IMO RG has fell off quite a lot since they got big. A lot of grey market dispensaries selling fake Raw Garden carts as well which you definitely want to avoid.

Do you do cool-down hits when hitting the cart? You want to keep inhaling for a few seconds after you let off the power to "clear" the chamber of vapor. The #1 cause of clogged carts I see is from not clearing the cartridge and setting it down immediately after letting off the power. The Pax Era pods are really good at not clogging in my experience, but they are more expensive than CCells.

Yeah Buddies is a brand originally from Oregon, I've honestly not been disappointed with any of their carts yet. And I'm pretty picky when it comes to cartridges, I do a LOT of due diligence on brands, and their processes and every one I've had from them was like a dab in your pocket. And I use a $1000 enail setup to dab from so I'm pretty serious about my dabs!

Probably two fold: one being regional differences in that a lot of brands aren't in multiple states, though we see that is changing like with Buddies above for example. And two: FC just isn't a big resource for concentrate info, especially wax pens - truthfully there's a lot of bias against these devices on here, which is understandable, though I think a great prefill is the ideal "one hitter" vape. I don't use them to replace dabs, I use them as more of a microdose solution for concentrates, which I truly think they excel at!

:o is my reaction to the raw garden tidbit!

Yes I always do the cool clear hit, I draw after it disengaging the heater on every vape I use in fact!

I don't know why but I really didn't enjoy using the era so much, like aspects of it maybe, but I guess all cart pens have the ability to be like boring but that one especially? I don't know lol have not been able to finish my blueberry kush pod but I did go through the sativa I had...

Yeah I am going to have to try buddies, hopefully there's no worries about getting knock offs anywhere yet? That's what I want, and I once hit someone else's rosin cart, and was blown away how it tasted exactly like herbs!!

Alright this thread has already helped me a lot more than the others I think, where were you back then! Thanks bud :tup:

CuckFumbustion

Wow this thread has already shined some light on the subject and answered some of my questions. :clap:And brands to read up on.
But I'll catch up and have more to ask about.
I did see that ccell introduced a new very tiny battery for use with carts. Did you get one of those? They look cool.
Took advantage of a discount from Hempire and got 8 silver 'Boltz Copper' pen style batteries. Not remembering the voltage. Real easy to use. One button with a color ring indicator around the button. Which goes through the colors spectrum when in preheat mode. Has 3 heat settings. Small USB charger.

Seems standard enough for a first time buy. But I still would like to know what is out there. Especially if I can get one with a lot more charge that works as well or better than what I'm using. Don't know the lifespan of these and there is no sort of AC powered 510 threaded power for carts that I'm aware of. :shrug:

Been able to re purpose the empty carts for Hemp rosin and hemp concentrates and better methods to transfer once I figured out that the MP has a thread that unscrews off the center post. :science:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Yeah I am going to have to try buddies, hopefully there's no worries about getting knock offs anywhere yet? That's what I want, and I once hit someone else's rosin cart, and was blown away how it tasted exactly like herbs!!

Blue River Rosin carts are arguably the best in the state, probably the best pen I’ve ever had, tasted like a dab of full melt hash off a sapphire insert. Super premium product that costs more for a half gram than even most premium full gram cartridges. But if you want the utmost quality > quantity Blue River is pretty much the pinnacle. I always prefer live rosin over live resin (solventless vs solvent) but the small batch vs large batch differences in processing has a big effect on the price.

If you try Buddies make sure to go for the Liquid Diamonds - they also offer a distillate cart for a few dollars less, but the liquid diamonds are true live resin cartridges and are much better IMO!

Shit Snacks

Blue River Rosin carts are arguably the best in the state, probably the best pen I’ve ever had, tasted like a dab of full melt hash off a sapphire insert. Super premium product that costs more for a half gram than even most premium full gram cartridges. But if you want the utmost quality > quantity Blue River is pretty much the pinnacle. I always prefer live rosin over live resin (solventless vs solvent) but the small batch vs large batch differences in processing has a big effect on the price.

If you try Buddies make sure to go for the Liquid Diamonds - they also offer a distillate cart for a few dollars less, but the liquid diamonds are true live resin cartridges and are much better IMO!

Ah okay, Buddies LD only! Also will be on lookout for Blue River, never seen or heard of them, I actually don't think I've ever even seen a rosin cart for sale anywhere before??

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Ah okay, Buddies LD only! Also will be on lookout for Blue River, never seen or heard of them, I actually don't think I've ever ever seen a rosin cart for sale like anywhere??

There's a few rosin carts floating around but they are definitely the minority, Blue River would probably be the easiest/most reputable to track down, you can find which shops carry their products on their website www.blueriverterps.com
They've grown in the last year so availability on their products is a lot better than it was at this time last year.

That said, the quality of hash involved to make a rosin cartridge like this is extremely low yielding and the prices will reflect this. I believe the owner said it takes ~5 grams of top shelf flower colas to make one half gram hash rosin cartridge!

Top Bottom