• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Any Benefit Adding Terps to Flower?

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
I have some food grade d-Limonene. Is there any benefit to adding a drop to ground flowers? Would it change the stoney profile or am I sorely mistaken? Is this my placebo additive?

GoldenBud

yeah that's the only difference between "sativa" and "indica" ... terpenes... limonene is the uplifting terpene .. that I'd like to get too ... even 50mg/gr of weed will do the job...If you want a Super Lemon Haze... add another 50-100mg/gr ;)

GoldenBud,
Reactions: macbill

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
Try it, if you like it then carry on! Who cares if it's placebo?

I once tried to add some terps to flower, I didn't like it.

Cheebsy,
Reactions: macbill

3xFantasyChamp

Not sure why I haven't tried this myself. I always wondered if I added some myrcene to flower, would it make me feel more sedated? Is this the answers for vapors who want the famous couch lock!? 🙀 Eh, maybe not, but maybe something for me to try.

3xFantasyChamp,
Reactions: GoldenBud

florduh

Not sure why I haven't tried this myself. I always wondered if I added some myrcene to flower, would it make me feel more sedated? Is this the answers for vapors who want the famous couch lock!? 🙀 Eh, maybe not, but maybe something for me to try.

There's 99% CBN isolate available from some hemp sellers online too.

florduh,

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
Things I read several years ago from the likes of @herbivore21 regarding the unknowns surrounding non-cannabis\hemp derived terpenes makes me very wary of ingesting them in any manner. Although they often appear the same as cannabis terpenes, there may be differences & there is no data on their long term effects on the human body due to food grade terpenes not being consumed in this way up until recently. In contrast we have been inhaling cannabis terps (along with the rest of the cannabis plant) for hundreds of thousands of years.

It's obviously individual choice but I avoid food grade terps whenever I can & try to stick with those soley derived from cannabis or hemp.

:peace:

Black_Prrl

Manufacturer of the Neo and Terp Surfer
Manufacturer
I love adding terpenes in the form of other dried herbs to my bowl (lemongrass, lavender, etc). However, I would counsel against adding any terpene isolates to your herb. In high concentrations, most terpenes (such as limonene) are fairly strong solvents... misting may work, but a drop is a lot.

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

I love adding terpenes in the form of other dried herbs to my bowl (lemongrass, lavender, etc). However, I would counsel against adding any terpene isolates to your herb. In high concentrations, most terpenes (such as limonene) are fairly strong solvents... misting may work, but a drop is a lot.
Cool, you happen to have more examples of herbs that you like to add?

Abele Rizieri Ferrari,
Reactions: Black_Prrl

Black_Prrl

Manufacturer of the Neo and Terp Surfer
Manufacturer
basil, chamomile, dried citrus zest (lemon, orange, grapefruit), chai spice tea, rose petals, mint leaves, lemon balm... Hops are also quite interesting to vaporize if you like that IPA bitterness (though they're nasty when smoked). They can be high in myrcene and other terpenes. Try to get them fresh from a beer brewing supply shop. I haven't tried stronger/oily aromatherapy herbs like cinnamon, cloves, or eucalyptus--just hand-huffing those are enough. Fresh ground nutmeg on top was tasty fun, but look up warnings about nutmeg before trying that. Different pipe tobaccos impart flavorful effects when mixed with your herb, though the nicotine buzz from straight tobacco is more than what I'm seeking...

Top Bottom