Anvil VS elev8r

fangorn

Just out of curiosity... how would you compare the Anvil and the elev8r?

Happy vaping everyone!

fangorn,
Reactions: Cheebsy

shopdognyc

Don't have either but would think glass versus copper big difference. Interested to see what others say.

shopdognyc,
Reactions: fangorn

GoldenBud

they are in the opposite categories vapes imho.. 100% convection vs almost 100% conduction..

GoldenBud,

chlorophyll_man

AVB Inspector
I have both.
Elev8r tastes better, pretty much 100% convection glass heater vs the hybrid Anvil.
Elev8r works better with loads >0.1g, Anvil works better with <0.1g
Elev8r needs stirring, Anvil doesn't.
Elev8r needs much bigger flame and lots of gas, Anvil is easier to get consistent results imo (assuming torch use)

Cannabiker

In the same way I'd compare apples and oranges, although that surely has to do with the way I'm using the Anvil. I load it with exactly the amount I can pull in a single, hard pull--for me, that's a slightly under-packed half-oven. I treat it like an old-school bong rip. I've seen others load the full oven and take several pulls (or watched Whiff inhale the whole thing), or even toke on it native like a doob, but I think it shines best as a massive one-hit water piece. I often hit it while my DCE is warming up. I'll be really psyched to take it camping, where the DCE is just too fragile.

The DCE, on the other hand, is my clear reach-test winner. With a hard pull it can white-wall a water piece nearly as quick as the Anvil, or it can support a long, slow session with endless gentle draws. It pretty much does whatever I ask.

They both provide complete extraction (though the DCE likes a little stirring) easily. I believe the DCE is capable of more full-spectrum extraction, especially with some temp stepping, but very little is lost to the Anvil's heating process.

I love them both.

fangorn

In the same way I'd compare apples and oranges, although that surely has to do with the way I'm using the Anvil. I load it with exactly the amount I can pull in a single, hard pull--for me, that's a slightly under-packed half-oven. I treat it like an old-school bong rip. I've seen others load the full oven and take several pulls (or watched Whiff inhale the whole thing), or even toke on it native like a doob, but I think it shines best as a massive one-hit water piece. I often hit it while my DCE is warming up. I'll be really psyched to take it camping, where the DCE is just too fragile.

The DCE, on the other hand, is my clear reach-test winner. With a hard pull it can white-wall a water piece nearly as quick as the Anvil, or it can support a long, slow session with endless gentle draws. It pretty much does whatever I ask.

They both provide complete extraction (though the DCE likes a little stirring) easily. I believe the DCE is capable of more full-spectrum extraction, especially with some temp stepping, but very little is lost to the Anvil's heating process.

I love them both.
Thanks for the feedback, it's very interesting!

fangorn,
Top Bottom