• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Anvil Ordering & Shipping

HFTQ

Anybody here who ordered an Anvil to Germany? How long did your anvil spent at customs?

Mines been sittin at customs since 20.04 according to Canada Post tracking. After a week of no movement they changed my expected delivery to delayed.
Tracking it with DHL doesn‘t even say it‘s at customs.

No clue what‘s going on for it to take so long to clear and it‘s getting frustrating.

HFTQ,

CaptnNFT

Anybody here who ordered an Anvil to Germany? How long did your anvil spent at customs?

Mines been sittin at customs since 20.04 according to Canada Post tracking. After a week of no movement they changed my expected delivery to delayed.
Tracking it with DHL doesn‘t even say it‘s at customs.

No clue what‘s going on for it to take so long to clear and it‘s getting frustrating.
Weird, I had to to order mine to Germany since Austrian customs are fucked up... Mine took only a day or to get through customs, they've send me a email with the amount to pay and once that was done it was on its way. The whole package only took a week maybe. Had to pay 27€. Finally after stress and shit I got it. It's simply amazing by the way 😉. Try contacting DHL and ask them em wtf is going on because within the time you ordered they delivered the package from Canada to Germany.

CaptnNFT,

HFTQ

So I contacted DHL and they told me it can take between 1-3 weeks for customs to clear a international shipment, and I should at least wait until next Wednesday.

I have never had any shipment take this long to go through customs ever, but I guess there is nothing i could do right now.

HFTQ,

cptofnthng

It took 4 weeks Overall until i had Mine. And VAT was 55 Euro, which brought it to a hefty 300 Euro pricetag. But i Like it so far.

cptofnthng,
Reactions: HFTQ

HFTQ

It took 4 weeks Overall until i had Mine. And VAT was 55 Euro, which brought it to a hefty 300 Euro pricetag. But i Like it so far.
Mine was shipped on 13.04, so still one week left before it‘s at 4 weeks.
Reassuring to read yours took 4 weeks. Thank you

vaping herbs

Hello,
I have ordered the Anvil to Germany. Now I received a mail from the German customs with the following content:

Dear Customer,

we are currently processing your DHL Express shipment. For clearance we need an order for customs clearance as well as a suitable proof of value or payment. The attached invoice was not accepted by customs. A list of suitable documents to prove the value of goods can be found here.

We also need a detailed description of all items on the commercial invoice (description of goods, material, use, etc.).

What could you write about the "detailed description" without making yourself "suspicious" in any way?

vaping herbs,

Duffer

Hello,
I have ordered the Anvil to Germany. Now I received a mail from the German customs with the following content:

Dear Customer,

we are currently processing your DHL Express shipment. For clearance we need an order for customs clearance as well as a suitable proof of value or payment. The attached invoice was not accepted by customs. A list of suitable documents to prove the value of goods can be found here.

We also need a detailed description of all items on the commercial invoice (description of goods, material, use, etc.).

What could you write about the "detailed description" without making yourself "suspicious" in any way?
Personal aromatherapy device.

Duffer,

HFTQ

So I had to contact DHL again, and now they‘re looking into the whereabouts of my shipment.
I found out it can take up to 5 weeks…which means I might wait 9 weeks in total for my anvil and it‘s not even guaranteed that they find my shipment.
The frustration is real.

someTooL

Two ovens, screen & oring kit ordered 4/9 shipped to US not delivered. Tracking went dead two days after shipping label created and never showed on USPS side. Order that was placed 4/20 delivered a week ago.

Have now been advised to wait ten more business days for CA post to investigate. Looking at close to 2 months after payment to figure out when or what will be done next.

Momor

I'm very disappointed by Vestratto. In the Anvil order email as well as the last Sunday post they invite you to write to them if you want something else post checkout. They even say in this Sunday post that it's no big deal but take some times.

So when I ordered the Anvil I wrote to them asking to put my order on hold until I can add the XL mouthpiece. They responded in a few minutes that they where puting a note "hold fulfilment" on it and that they should get XL mouthpieces back in stock in the next week.

The week after (last week) i see one day the XL mouthpieces back in stock so I write to Vestratto in order to know how to add it to my existing order. Once again I have an answer in a few minutes that they're not in stock. So I go back to the site, see them still in stock, try to put one in my cart then write back to Vestratto informing them that their on stick on their website and that I can indeed go untill the payment page. Then they didn't write back.

Yesterday I receive an email saying my Anvil has shipped. So I sent an email asking why it was shipped although we agreed to wait. Again, I got an answer in a few minutes with this answer : " When we read in your email that you had one in your cart and assumed that you changed your mind at checkout."
What ?! I changed my mind ?! I was asking them the info to add the item properly to my existing order and they just told me like "it's not possible" and now they speak of a misunderstanding ?!
And as an apology they offer me to wait for the next drop as I will be able to buy even more stuffs because the XL storage tube is going to be released.

So I write back explaining they didn't answer my last email regarding the XL mouthpiece, that I didn't buy it because they told me they were not in stock actually at the time. Still didn't have to wait more than a few minutes to get the following answer : "It is not that we do not answer but we really cannot just watch for emails coming in. DHL arrives at noon and Canada Post between 1.30-2 pm to pick up the shipment. We have hundreds of packages to ship out...". They must be kidding me right ? I can have an almost immediate answer to every email I send but the important one, even if they had a few days window to do so ?!

So they invite you in multiple posts to write to them post checkout to save shipping costs, saying it's no big deal, so even if everything you want isn't in stock you can at least put some good cash in their hand right now. Then, when they screw with this process they don't offer any compensation (not even a slight discount on shipping for the next order).

The Anvil was the first vape I was excited about in the last few years but now I'm just disappointed and don't really want it anymore.

On their website they say there is no return/refund possible. Anyone know what would happen if the package don't clear customs and is sent back to the shop then ?

I have a feeling that all this could have been made on purpose in order to push me to buy the XL tube next time ( as they know I really want the XL MP but will probably not pay shipping just for the MP because it's almost the same price).

Sorry for the long post but I feel I have been mistreated and needed to share it.

(If anyone would like to sell his XL MP to a fellow European, let me know)

Whiff

Vestratto Brand Ambassador
Company Rep
I'm very disappointed by Vestratto. In the Anvil order email as well as the last Sunday post they invite you to write to them if you want something else post checkout. They even say in this Sunday post that it's no big deal but take some times.

So when I ordered the Anvil I wrote to them asking to put my order on hold until I can add the XL mouthpiece. They responded in a few minutes that they where puting a note "hold fulfilment" on it and that they should get XL mouthpieces back in stock in the next week.

The week after (last week) i see one day the XL mouthpieces back in stock so I write to Vestratto in order to know how to add it to my existing order. Once again I have an answer in a few minutes that they're not in stock. So I go back to the site, see them still in stock, try to put one in my cart then write back to Vestratto informing them that their on stick on their website and that I can indeed go untill the payment page. Then they didn't write back.

Yesterday I receive an email saying my Anvil has shipped. So I sent an email asking why it was shipped although we agreed to wait. Again, I got an answer in a few minutes with this answer : " When we read in your email that you had one in your cart and assumed that you changed your mind at checkout."
What ?! I changed my mind ?! I was asking them the info to add the item properly to my existing order and they just told me like "it's not possible" and now they speak of a misunderstanding ?!
And as an apology they offer me to wait for the next drop as I will be able to buy even more stuffs because the XL storage tube is going to be released.

So I write back explaining they didn't answer my last email regarding the XL mouthpiece, that I didn't buy it because they told me they were not in stock actually at the time. Still didn't have to wait more than a few minutes to get the following answer : "It is not that we do not answer but we really cannot just watch for emails coming in. DHL arrives at noon and Canada Post between 1.30-2 pm to pick up the shipment. We have hundreds of packages to ship out...". They must be kidding me right ? I can have an almost immediate answer to every email I send but the important one, even if they had a few days window to do so ?!

So they invite you in multiple posts to write to them post checkout to save shipping costs, saying it's no big deal, so even if everything you want isn't in stock you can at least put some good cash in their hand right now. Then, when they screw with this process they don't offer any compensation (not even a slight discount on shipping for the next order).

The Anvil was the first vape I was excited about in the last few years but now I'm just disappointed and don't really want it anymore.

On their website they say there is no return/refund possible. Anyone know what would happen if the package don't clear customs and is sent back to the shop then ?

I have a feeling that all this could have been made on purpose in order to push me to buy the XL tube next time ( as they know I really want the XL MP but will probably not pay shipping just for the MP because it's almost the same price).

Sorry for the long post but I feel I have been mistreated and needed to share it.

(If anyone would like to sell his XL MP to a fellow European, let me know)
I would have purchased the item when it was in the cart then emailed them to add it to the existing order. I'm pretty sure you need to purchase something to have it added to your order, like they said they can't sit and watch emails while also trying to fulfill orders and get them ready for shipment. (Yes they are serious)

Again I would have purchased it when you were able to on the site, if it was sold out then they could have sent your money back or held your order till more stock came in.

I don't think Vestratto screwed anything up as they mentioned there would be more items the following week, you saw said items on the site and instead of purchasing the item you emailed Vestratto hoping for another quick reply which you never got. I wouldn't be surprised if the items sold out shortly after your email, some of the stuff sells out in under 30 min, you have to be quick. It would have been better to purchase the item then dispute any problems after the item was actually purchased.

I'm just confused because they held your order, told you new mouthpieces were coming the following week and when they were restocked you didn't purchase the item and are now mad at Vestratto? I understand there was some communication error when they stated they were sold out but if I saw them in stock I would have purchased it then emailed. What I'm trying to figure out is why you didn't purchase the MP when you had the chance?

Last edited by a moderator:
Whiff,

Momor

I would have purchased the item when it was in the cart then emailed them to add it to the existing order. I'm pretty sure you need to purchase something to have it added to your order, like they said they can't sit and watch emails while also trying to fulfill orders and get them ready for shipment. (Yes they are serious)

Again I would have purchased it when you were able to on the site, if it was sold out then they could have sent your money back or held your order till more stock came in.

I don't think Vestratto screwed anything up as they mentioned there would be more items the following week, you saw said items on the site and instead of purchasing the item you emailed Vestratto hoping for another quick reply which you never got. I wouldn't be surprised if the items sold out shortly after your email, some of the stuff sells out in under 30 min, you have to be quick. It would have been better to purchase the item then dispute any problems after the item was actually purchased.

I'm just confused because they held your order, told you new mouthpieces were coming the following week and when they were restocked you didn't purchase the item and are now mad at Vestratto? I understand there was some communication error when they stated they were sold out but if I saw them in stock I would have purchased it then emailed. What I'm trying to figure out is why you didn't purchase the MP when you had the chance?
On Vestratto's website it's clearly stated that they don't do refunds.
I didn't want to pay shipping twice (as you have to pay shipping at checkout) then be told that I should have emailed them first about that because they don't do refunds.
As they were certain the XL MP was not in stock clearly it was a glitch on the site. I would just have paid for nothing. I didn't want to take the chance to pay shipping twice plus the risk of having an error on my order because of this glitch.
Ordering something that's not in stock may not be the best thing to do otherwise they probably would allow it from the beginning (let me complete my order with everything I want, pay shipping once then ship once everything is available). They ask to do differently but when I asked how they didn't answer. They just told me it wasn't possible.
Now you tell me that I shouldn't have listened to them ?!
If I came to complain about the fact that I bought the XL MP and was not happy because it wasn't actually in stock, or that I actually paid shipping twice I'm pretty sure you would have told me that I should have listened to them.

Did anybody ordered successfully a XL mouthpiece on 05/11 ?

They're clearly able to respond to emails very promptly and in the last Sunday post they even say that it's no big deal. They had a few days in this case to continue communication with me and they just didn't.
I specially reach out to them letting them know I wanted to buy the MP and they just told me very promptly that was not possible (not that I missed an opportunity because I was just a bit late) and when I said that that was weird because I could put it in my cart they didn't answer then wasn't.
We agreed to put my order on hold untill I could buy the MP. I asked specifically for this and they agreed. Even if I would have missed a few MP drops, they shouldn't have sent my package until I could have bought the MP, because it was our agreement at the beginning (they invite me to do so in their commercial emails).
Assuming all this could be my fault is just plain being bad faith.

Momor,

jbm

I didn't want to pay shipping twice (as you have to pay shipping at checkout) then be told that I should have emailed them first about that because they don't do refunds.
As they were certain the XL MP was not in stock clearly it was a glitch on the site. I would just have paid for nothing. I didn't want to take the chance to pay shipping twice plus the risk of having an error on my order because of this glitch.
Ordering something that's not in stock may not be the best thing to do otherwise they probably would allow it from the beginning (let me complete my order with everything I want, pay shipping once then ship once everything is available). They ask to do differently but when I asked how they didn't answer. They just told me it wasn't possible.
If I came to complain about the fact that I bought the XL MP and was not happy because it wasn't actually in stock, or that I actually paid shipping twice I'm pretty sure you would have told me that I should have listened to them.

They're clearly able to respond to emails very promptly and in the last Sunday post they even say that it's no big deal. They had a few days in this case to continue communication with me and they just didn't.
I specially reach out to them letting them know I wanted to buy the MP and they just told me very promptly that was not possible (not that I missed an opportunity because I was just a bit late) and when I said that that was weird because I could put it in my cart they didn't answer then wasn't.
We agreed to put my order on hold untill I could buy the MP. I asked specifically for this and they agreed. Even if I would have missed a few MP drops, they shouldn't have sent my package until I could have bought the MP, because it was our agreement at the beginning (they invite me to do so in their commercial emails).
I asked to add a half bowl to my order after I ordered the base Anvil and was sent an invoice. I did not pay for the half bowl beforehand. It was added to my order and shipped with the Anvil.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure

Hanlon's razor obtains here, methinks:

Never attribute to malice that which can adequately be explained by stupidity.​

I too would have hesitated to check out again with the XL mouthpiece if only because of the exorbitant shipping cost (I'd be thinking "this isn't really how we were gonna do this is it?"). The Sunday post shows how troublesome it is when a hundred change requests like yours need to be managed outside of the functionality of Vestratto's bare-bones online store.

What I would say is none of this looks as much like bad customer service as much as a bad job of scaling up a small business with things like your request slipping through the cracks.

I would also have been irked by the idea that I maybe want to wait and buy another expensive accessory to correct their mistake.

The easy solution is for vestratto to cover the cost of shipping you the XL mouthpiece once they're back in stock. Small and growing businesses do the right thing this way all the time but it's a touchy subject and from their perspective a scary proposition since scores of customers are also making changes to their orders.

I'm a big fan of the Anvil as a device and recommended it weekly at least. Still, I confess to at least a bit of Schadenfreude watching vestratto suffer logistically from folks trying to minimize their truly obnoxious shipping costs.

I'm sure Sneaky Pete doesn't have to deal with these headaches in part because he doesn't charge $25 to ship three vapcap screens. And as a customer I'm gonna give Pete the benefit of the doubt because I don't feel like he's trying to gouge me at checkout on every little thing. Vestratto obviously isn't at that level yet and has conflicting priorities.

And like I said when I ordered my Anvil: my VPM order for a V3 Pro and both my BCG orders (placed a year apart) were all much bigger and heavier than the Anvil and shipped from Canada to the US for under $10. Oh and when the V3 Pro battery door failed VPM saw my FC message and contacted me to replace the whole device at no cost. 👌

As small businesses go Vestratto is a baby giraffe obliged to get on its feet immediately but doing everything for the first time.

Last edited:

jbm

As small businesses go Vestratto is a baby giraffe obliged to get on its feet immediately but doing everything for the first time.
Eliminating the flat shipping fee would solve a lot of those problems. I would have bought additional accessories after my initial purchase if I didn't have to pay almost half the cost of the item in shipping fees.

Momor

Even though not everything went as I wanted I have to say that shipping was very fast ! It took only 7 days to arrive in France.
I paid 289€ for the Anvil + half bowl + shipping and had to pay 28€ of custom fees

Momor,

cptofnthng

Didnt want to wait for LCV?@momor?
My anvil just travelled through france and it really liked it there.

cptofnthng,

HFTQ

DHL just sent me an Email today
Conclusion: It‘s gone and they can‘t find it
At least I didn‘t have to wait for 5 weeks…
Time to contact Vestratto, I guess.

HFTQ,

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

Didnt want to wait for LCV?@momor?
My anvil just travelled through france and it really liked it there.
LCV is still pretty unclear on when they'll ship tho and their info hasn't been updated for quite some time and they're not offering pre-order atm. Vapeurshop however is open for pre-order with expected delivery in June (well it seems they got the first pre-order batch sold, but looks like tomorrow there'll be some more spots).

I put in a pre order with them this morning :-D

Abele Rizieri Ferrari,

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

The web page disapear ...
I preorder mine in France and the date of availability change from june to beginning of jullly today :(

Vapeurshop right? When I ordered it didn't have that notice and they haven't sent me an update so I expect it to arrive in June actually. When did you order?

Abele Rizieri Ferrari,

Alligator427

Hi,

Yes, vapeurshop. I preordered mine a little bit before 1th june. Monday, they said me that it should be there in few days. I wait also a FMJ since 1 week because they decided to send it in the same time than the anvil (yes, but it was two different orders and I payed shipping cost :\).

Top Bottom