Anvil Ordering & Shipping

jbm

think we should definetly cut some slack to the the maker, like we do with other artisan vape makers on board, with people hanging for two years in the waitlist without complaining. Maybe that rub of with the Dynavap brand made people think like there is some large manufacturer behind the Anvil,but it is not the case.
Look. I've been waiting on a Nomad II, which is what I think you're referring to. I have no complaints about Dan or his work. Why? Because Dan issues regular updates about where he is in the process. I'm never wondering what happened to my place in line. I'm willing to cut any company slack, as long as they're informing people on a regular, timely basis. Vestratto is all over the place with regards to information. This is not a long term sustainable strategy.

Severmore

Since the time I signed up @ Vestratto.com (end of October 2021) I’ve received 7 email updates from John…in addition to multiple emails documenting the order and shipment of my Founders Edition Anvil…quite “regular” and “timely” from my perspective :2c:

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Look. I've been waiting on a Nomad II, which is what I think you're referring to. I have no complaints about Dan or his work. Why? Because Dan issues regular updates about where he is in the process. I'm never wondering what happened to my place in line. I'm willing to cut any company slack, as long as they're informing people on a regular, timely basis. Vestratto is all over the place with regards to information. This is not a long term sustainable strategy.
Dan is quite the Prodigy and has had a really long time to figure out how to run his business. No one is born educated. This is Anvil I and the guy just started,let him figure it out. That being said i agree with your point of view, and hopefully Vestrato would up their standards to meet the criteria of even the most seasoned vaporists out there :).
Already reported some of my posts to the mods, to be transfered into a Shipping and Ordering thread. So until that is done i suggest we stop adding to the weight of this process. Let's keep it on topic as the wise @mephisto suggested !

Abysmal Vapor,
Reactions: Planck

Gibbleguts

I’m more than willing to be patient, but there needs to be more clarity and transparency coming from this company. I asked a question about the waitlist two days ago which has not even been acknowledged, let alone answered. Yours is the first account I’ve heard of his having issues with getting the upgrade out to the Founders members, which we should be hearing from Vestratto, not you. Last I heard their objective right now was getting the free upgrades shipped, but aren’t people starting to get upgrades already? It’s an incredibly generous gesture, but more and more it seems like it wasn’t well thought out, seeing as how the entire effort of the company seems to be getting Founders members replacements for what appear to be their non-broken Anvils. I have no idea when this thing is coming out of what is essentially a private beta, where I am going to be able to find it, what features it has or don’t have. For that matter, why is this thread not in upcoming and unreleased, seeing as how you can’t even pre-order it?
I don't think user editions are shipping yet. I was order 1006 and have not recieved shipping info yet. As for the upgrades that have been made since the founders edition came out I can only say I am totally looking forward to it. I was not a huge vape fan before this as had never had any hit quite the way I liked. This is the first one and any time I have had concerns directly contacting vestratto has gotten me quick answers and great responses. I try not to bug John too much as when he is answering my emails he isn't able to work on the more important things.

I know it seems like a long time between founders edition and everything else going out but it was the holidays and personally o didn't do a whole lot other then get to know my anvil very well.

Gibbleguts,
Reactions: Planck

jbm

I try not to bug John too much as when he is answering my emails he isn't able to work on the more important things.
I'm a pretty good cook. People have said to me that I should work in or open a restaurant. I have never wanted to do that, though, because once it's a business, it's no longer only about cooking. It's also about customer service and being clear about the business, its goals, and customer expectations. IMO, Vestratto is not being clear. I have asked John at least twice for estimates about when the Users Edition will be available. Once he repeated the business about getting upgrades out the door, once he just ignored me. Whiff thinks he answered my question. He asked me where I signed up for the waitlist for some future Users Edition. I replied and asked if there were multiple waitlists. No response. I guess where I differ with most here is I think that customer service is one of the "more important things." It's also why there's 5 pages of threads with the "Discontinued" badge here.

jbm,

Glorg

I was under the impression that people who didn’t jump on the pre sale would be waiting until late January for the public drop? but I’m assuming after reading all this that is a way off, is there any rough timeline on when public sales will be available through vestratto again or are we waiting now until sneaky Pete gets a whole drop or something? Waiting on a nomad list is easy when you understand your waiting for years but this feels a bit more like what Enano is doing with the xl saying updates will be next week then three weeks pass of nothing. I’m just trying to get a rough timeline of when I’ll be able to actually get one ( not in some crazy rush but when people say end of January vas gets itchy when that time hits). Also mods if this belongs in the other thread delete this I figured it belonged here as I don’t have an active order.

Pepeluis33

LCV confirmed to me they have a batch assigned (however I asked here and didn't get any confirmation by Vestratto), the only thing is they don't really know when will receive it. Fingers crossed, can't wait for it! (well, actually I prefer to wait until all these improvements of the User Edition are ready, specially for native use, don't want a beta device).
Now Im scared, a friend has sent me this from a Vestratto mail, so seems LaCentraleVapeur is lying and doesn't have any batch assigned at all :mad:

Sales

We are holding to our position that the store is going to remain closed until we have upgraded all Founders to Users editions and ship the Late January pre-orders with Users editions. I want you to rest assured that you are the one and only focus we have. I am not interested in taking on more customers until we have the product and you guys sorted out. It is unfortunate that some dealers have been taking pre-orders for Anvil. This has been done without our consent. We have not been in a position to fulfill any orders and as such have not taken any. If you are on this VESTRATTO list you will hear about future drops and all things Anvil before anyone else.

Last edited:
Pepeluis33,

Whiff

Vestratto Brand Ambassador
Company Rep
Now Im scared, a friend has sent me this from a Vestratto mail, so seems LaCentraleVapeur is lying and doesn't have any batch assigned at all :mad:

Sales

We are holding to our position that the store is going to remain closed until we have upgraded all Founders to Users editions and ship the Late January pre-orders with Users editions. I want you to rest assured that you are the one and only focus we have. I am not interested in taking on more customers until we have the product and you guys sorted out. It is unfortunate that some dealers have been taking pre-orders for Anvil. This has been done without our consent. We have not been in a position to fulfill any orders and as such have not taken any. If you are on this VESTRATTO list you will hear about future drops and all things Anvil before anyone else.
Yes this is true as Vestratto is making sure all founders units are replaced with the final users edition and then he is fulfilling the late January pre orders, after that i believe units will start being pumped out and ready to fulfill distributors orders as well as new stock for the Vestratto site. They wont be having an Anvil i would think for another month or so, i know that full production of the core units is just weeks away.

Glorg

So what are we looking at March/april range before public sales ? If it’s almost feb now and at least a month until the suppliers get any? This is one of the stranger product releases I’ve followed tbh but a rough estimate would be appreciated for people who need to budget vape purchases annually.

Glorg,
Reactions: jbm

SquirrelMaster

There isn't a time frame from what I've read as they're still tweaking here and there. That makes sense, as John probably doesn't want people freaking out if he misses a date. I bet it will be another 2-3 months at minimum or more likely summer.

Texus

Any time frame update on when people who missed the first drop will be able to purchase ?
When they wants to let us know or when there is an update, I am sure thye will be ecstatic to post. Otherwise, best to assume it will be somewhere around the last estimate given in this thread or the other one. Let the company be as they finalize the next version.

Texus,

Whiff

Company Rep
So what are we looking at March/april range before public sales ? If it’s almost feb now and at least a month until the suppliers get any? This is one of the stranger product releases I’ve followed tbh but a rough estimate would be appreciated for people who need to budget vape purchases annually.
Any time frame update on when people who missed the first drop will be able to purchase ?
I was just guesstimating when i said a month knowing that the core units are weeks away from production, this release isn't really that weird i don't think....Vestratto released the 1st production run, there were a few issues he and a few customers weren't happy with so he decided to fix them and added a few requests to make everyone happy. He could have released the unit as is as it was fine and just sold all the updates as extra accessories but instead he decided to add them to the final users edition and tighten up machining to insure the best user experience.

@Glorg I understand your frustration but could you imagine how mad you would be if he told you end of Feb just to delay it again all while you decided to hold off on that other vape you want to get? He is asking that everyone be patient as the core units are now being machined at a new shop to help with quality and production times.

@BKR2311 no time frame has been given but shouldn't be much longer

Glorg

It’s totally pretty weird to make everyone sign up for multiple waiting lists, planethaze and you as the starting hype guys, then do and unknown amount of qc and updates to people from the start. It’s good to fix the issues for sure I respect that greatly but asking simply when the next rough timeline is for the public again isnt weird in the slightest imo as I’ve been on 3 waiting list. I was just asking a simple question with no end judgement so please don’t project how I would somehow be upset in the future if the rough guess I asked for was a rough guess. Anyway I’ll stop following until I see products hitting shelves, btw I thought the whole personal drop was to “evaluate demand” on future buyers, wouldn’t communicating to those future buyers be relevant? Sorry I digress.

Glorg,
Reactions: jbm

Whiff

Company Rep
It’s totally pretty weird to make everyone sign up for multiple waiting lists, planethaze and you as the starting hype guys, then do and unknown amount of qc and updates to people from the start. It’s good to fix the issues for sure I respect that greatly but asking simply when the next rough timeline is for the public again isnt weird in the slightest imo as I’ve been on 3 waiting list. I was just asking a simple question with no end judgement so please don’t project how I would somehow be upset in the future if the rough guess I asked for was a rough guess. Anyway I’ll stop following until I see products hitting shelves, btw I thought the whole personal drop was to “evaluate demand” on future buyers, wouldn’t communicating to those future buyers be relevant? Sorry I digress.
There was only one Vestratto mailing list though, if you signed up anywhere else other than the official Vestratto mailing list then there is not much Vestratto can do about that. LCV was one of the retailers who was taking pre orders without having an order placed with Vestratto, He and i told many people where to sign up for the mailchimp. Vestratto didnt make anyone sign up for multiple mailing as he only had one and has been updating people through email all this time, he has been making anvils 12 hrs a day so he doesn't always have time to email (production > emails) He has sent multiple emails telling people what is going on as well as all the info here on FC. A weird release would be something like the sublimator who has been mia for years and still owes ppl warranty issues lol.

Sorry if you feel if i was projecting but i was just merely trying to make a point that people will be un happy if we do or dont give a date, if i was going to buy a vape then held off beacuase i heard the anvil was coming out in a month just to be delayed i would be a little mad for sure as im sure many people would. Not saying that you would be mad but it would be annoying for that to happen.

I gave a rough guesstimate on one of the post above yours stating that LCV probably wont have any for another month as the core units are weeks away from machining plus qc packaging and shipping times, i will try to get ahold of John and see if he will give an estimated date now that we are getting closer to the finish line. The Anvil are being done at another shop now so some things are left out of his hands but that should give him more time now to email and try to answer questions or relay info to me. I havent spoken with john in a few days, he usually sends me a txt everyday but he has been busy trying to speed all this up to make you all happy.

I hope you can all be patient, once production hits in the next wewk or so everything should hopefully run a lot more smoothly and at a faster pace!

EDIT*

Ok John just got back to me and he said he is planning his next drop for new customers mid February!!! So it's a lot closer than i thought, the 1st couple of weeks will be sorting out upgrades and any remaining pre-orders!!! Hang on tight guys we are just around the corner!!!

Last edited:

BKR2311

I was just guesstimating when i said a month knowing that the core units are weeks away from production, this release isn't really that weird i don't think....Vestratto released the 1st production run, there were a few issues he and a few customers weren't happy with so he decided to fix them and added a few requests to make everyone happy. He could have released the unit as is as it was fine and just sold all the updates as extra accessories but instead he decided to add them to the final users edition and tighten up machining to insure the best user experience.

@Glorg I understand your frustration but could you imagine how mad you would be if he told you end of Feb just to delay it again all while you decided to hold off on that other vape you want to get? He is asking that everyone be patient as the core units are now being machined at a new shop to help with quality and production times.

Not rushing, just was curious of an update. Thank you.

SquirrelMaster

@Vestratto is a god damn hero for holding back a full release and making fixes.

Top Bottom