Angus Enhanced

Nebelmann

Wooden battery covers maybe? Looks better than expected on these hands on pics while I still prefer the OG look.

Recently watched a comparison video on YouTube between 50w and 100w versions. They need to make one including the enhanced

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++
@BingsBuddery Thanks for taking the time to write a very thorough and honest review. Totally forgotten that the Enhanced versions has an adjustable air flow. Big plus for users! Thinking maybe some MTL hits might be possible as well with the air intake choked down. :hmm:

Question: Is access to replace the 100 watt bulb and to do other maintenance on par or better than the OG Angus? Another big plus if it is.

For those interested the link to download the Angus Enhanced PDF User Guide can be found HERE. Damn VAS.

BingsBuddery

Derelict Meatsack
Question: Is access to replace the 100 watt bulb and to do other maintenance on par or better than the OG Angus? Another big plus if it is.
I haven't torn mine down yet; been too busy suckin' on the end of it, but it has the same Torx T5, 4-screw access, and I would say that bulb swaps would be a degree easier on this unit than on the OG.

My pleasure wrt to the write up.. just some early thoughts, as I've only had it a very short amount of time. I'm leaning on it hard to see if anything shakes loose.

awaiting word on the glass dose caps as well?
I haven't experimented with em yet as I'm not normally a dosing cap guy, but sooooon.

The little screen plugs are a dope inclusion.. allows you to load up your fav stem with many balls for your pleasure. :clap:

Last edited:

Kudzu407

Para-Vaper
I have had my Enhanced since yesterday and it’s been fun testing it. I did 4 burn offs which pretty much removed the new vape smell. I did one bowl with the long glass stem and nothing but the wpa since. I haven’t went past the third temp setting and may not ever need to. I have used the glass dosing caps only and happy with them so far. They are small but I was getting 8 -9 hits per session. Loading them while stoned in low light is challenging but doable. I got either 8 or 9 sessions on the first pair of batteries. I don’t remember cause the flower was Amnesia Haze.

seedy53

i think the new plastic shell is a bit plain looking mono-color; however, the plastic shell did remove 3oz of total body weight.

the og model is nearly 13oz. that's a bit heavy for a portable. new "enchanced" is about 9 oz.

re-designing the og Angus unit's shell, to be made much cooler was a absolute must and Yll succeeded.

i love the snap on battery doors too. you can hold on to it comfortably, even after a few 5 min sessions, said Bing. nice

the unit's new top section and screen holder re-design is simple and effective. nioce!

all those useful glass (and loading funnel) accessories that come with the kit, is a fantastic bargain. it has everything, all in one kit, except extra 6mm rubies for the stem cooling. a lot of nice detail thought, went into this version.

even if shell is a bit plain looking, function and extra goodies, out-way it's lack-luster cosmetic looks.

i want one.

F1240

Does the adjustable airflow on the angus enhanced make as much of a difference as it does on the venty?

F1240,
Reactions: seedy53

seedy53

Does the adjustable airflow on the angus enhanced make as much of a difference as it does on the venty?
i only know 2 people that has reviewed the angus enhanced.
they both are very pleased with that adjustable air input function.
term, game changer, is a over used to describe a feature but it fits, this time. lol

F1240

i only know 2 people that has reviewed the angus enhanced.
they both are very pleased with that adjustable air input function.
term, game changer, is a over used to describe a feature but it fits, this time. lol
I tried a friends venty today and was blown away by the air flow options. But the price is hard to justify, the angus enhanced is less than half the price.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I tried a friends venty today and was blown away by the air flow options. But the price is hard to justify, the angus enhanced is less than half the price.

Please buy an Angus Enhanced and compare it with your friend's Venty 🙏
A gentle reminder to avoid comparing in device threads. Feel free to create a new Ask FC thread comparing those two.

seedy53

Could an owner please share a closeup photo of the oven’s interior without any accessories attached?

Does it operate with the charger attached (pass through)?
no vaps using 18650 li-on batteries like the pass through circuit function.
pass through use while charging is mainly for vaps that use the gel pak type of battery like in potv 1, solo2, and most vaps that have non replaceable battery vaps.

vapefritz

no vaps using 18650 li-on batteries like the pass through circuit function.
Some support it, like the Arizer Air Max and Davinci IQC. If and how bad it is for the battery depends on the device: ideally it should just bypass the battery when used while connected to power, if it does it won't damage the battery or the vaporizer. Cylindrical 18650 or square pouch type battery should not really make a difference, they are all lithium ion anyways. At least with replaceable batteries you can, well, replace the batteries if they go weak.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Some support it, like the Arizer Air Max and Davinci IQC. If and how bad it is for the battery depends on the device: ideally it should just bypass the battery when used while connected to power, if it does it won't damage the battery or the vaporizer. Cylindrical 18650 or square pouch type battery should not really make a difference, they are all lithium ion anyways. At least with replaceable batteries you can, well, replace the batteries if they go weak.

I think you're talking about use while charging in the IQ and Air? Which is not true pass through, you are still running power from the battery, so the battery can't be fully dead... And it will constantly be recovering the charge as you use it, which is more strain on the battery... Only true pass through would have no effect on battery longevity

vapefritz

I think you're talking about use while charging in the IQ and Air? Which is not true pass through, you are still running power from the battery, so the battery can't be fully dead... And it will constantly be recovering the charge as you use it, which is more strain on the battery... Only true pass through would have no effect on battery longevity

My point is it does not make a difference if your batteries are cylindrical or rectangular. What makes a difference is how "using while plugged in" is implemented in your vaporizer.

seedy53

My point is it does not make a difference if your batteries are cylindrical or rectangular. What makes a difference is how "using while plugged in" is implemented in your vaporizer.
they are different formula batteries 18650 are li-on.
the gel pak - li-po
lithium polymer batteries. li-po gel are better for using while charge. still not the greatest of ideas.
li-on batteries are not recommended for charging and using at same time.

From electronicguidebook.com
To charge a Lithium-Ion battery more efficiently, follow the three tips below;
  1. Do not use the battery while it is charging
  2. Do not charge the battery under extreme temperatures (cold or hot). Stay within moderate temperature settings
  3. Avoid fully charging the battery (especially with Lithium-Ion batteries). A partial charge will extend its lifespan

Last edited:

Zow237

The Angus Enhanced has arrived, and in my opinion, it is a step up from the original wooden Angus is almost every conceivable way. The new battery covers are a cinch to slide on and off compared to the old metal screw-down caps, so no more carpal tunnel instigation. The all-plastic body construction is lightweight but feels sturdy and durable, and it remains appreciably cooler for longer durations than the wooden units. It has all the same great flavour as it's predecessor, but seemingly with better performance than the 100W wooden Angus. I'm getting nice dark brown coffee roasts at medium temp with the bubbler during a single session. The new speed top (shoutout @Unklmark68 for the innovation) allows for quick and easy swapping to the glass piece of your preference, and the direct-draw orientation is definitely a better flavour experience than the old cooling unit. At the lower temps, I find it easily tolerable through any of the stems and wildly pleasant with the bubbler; the terps just seem to last forever. Speaking of the glass, it is thick and beautiful, and puts most included vape glass to shame; I really wish more manufacturers opted for this quality of glass. The new adjustable airflow feature is the highlight of the vape for me: it works extremely well and makes the Angus far more customizable to user preference. It's fun to slap on the WPA and play with the airflow while you rip on it through a bong. She also features customizable temp settings via PC software, however, I do not currently have the cable to test this function. The glass dosing caps are a wildly cool innovation, and while I don't prefer to use dosing caps, these are definitely going to get some experimentation.

The accessory kit is damn-near unrivalled in vaping: you get a nice quality carry case (larger than the 50W case), 3 lengths of thick glass stem, a high-quality bubbler, a high-quality glass WPA, the custom funnel, a charge cable, and extra o-rings and screens. Like, what?!... value on value.

These are just early impressions, so take it with a grain of salt.. I've only had it for 24 hours, so hardly long enough to shake out any real issues. The only negatives I have as yet are that the SS mesh screens in both the oven and the top are a bit too small and tend to fall out when dumping bowls, or stick to a stem, which has me constantly reseating them. When using the bubbler with the top fully locked down, it requires too much rotation to disengage the top lock with it attached, as the bubbler blocks the rotation, so you have to either remove the bubbler from the top entirely before unlocking it, or do a couple of half rotations while moving the bubbler out of the way until it comes free. It's not a huge deal, but its a bit of extra fiddliness to use the bubbler over the glass stems or WPA... it's a gorgeous little bub though, I dig it.

All in all, between the value and performance, I am super enthused with this vape. It's easy to observe all of the lessons that YLL learned on the wooden Angus and employed to improve the design of the Enhanced. We'll see how the early run goes, and if there's issues yet to shake out, but I'm cautiously optimistic!
This is All great! This is such a great thing for yllvape. I cant wait to get one. Ive loved my angus since day one

vapefritz

@seedy53
Yes, there are different chemistries for different types of li-on batteries. But they are still all li-on batteries. Li-po batteries are li-on batteries, too. It's one of those "all squares are rectangles, but not all rectangles are squares" situations.
li-po gel are better for using while charge. still not the greatest of ideas.
li-on batteries are not recommended for charging and using at same time.
I don't think this is true. Again they are all li-on, and I never heard before that LiFePo4 chemistry is better for using while charging than any other common li-on chemistry like LiNiCoAlO2 or whatever. Of course I might be wrong, if you got any source to back that up show me!
What matters is how "using while charging" is implemented in the device. Just random google result but you find some sample circuits explaining that very well here.

(Arizer Solo II uses 18650er cells too btw, you just can not replace them yourself. See here.)

Again, why I am writing all of this and what we should take away from it:
When judging if a new vaporizer is usable while being charged we have to look at the device itself. It's not enough to look at the form factor of the battery cell, whether it's LiFePo4 or LiNiCoAlO2 or whatever, or whether it's removable or not. None of that matters for that question.

That all said: For example, on the Arizer Air Max using while charging works well. On the IQC it does not work well at all. Would love to hear how the Angus enhanced performs! I don't expect much, because isn't it supposed to draw 100W? Hard to get that through regular USB, you'd need one of those 20V fast charging power supplies and a 5A rated cable at least, and of course support for at least one quick charge protocol. All very unlikely.

kokolokokolokon

That all said: For example, on the Arizer Air Max using while charging works well. On the IQC it does not work well at all. Would love to hear how the Angus enhanced performs! I don't expect much, because isn't it supposed to draw 100W? Hard to get that through regular USB, you'd need one of those 20V fast charging power supplies and a 5A rated cable at least, and of course support for at least one quick charge protocol. All very unlikely.
I think it has a 100w bulb, but it is designed to draw 50W. They changed the 50W bulb for a 100w to extend the life if the bulb and get better battery life.
Even if they add a super usbC port which holds 50-70W it would be more expensive. Some makers told me the same

Top Bottom