Angus Enhanced

budski

cantre member
upgrade to function, downgrade to the eye and hand!
What I must Know before I downgrade aesthetics for function on the new version, is the firmware different to handle the100w bulb in ruby version vs the original, or can I just replace the bulb to 100w without totally sucking the batteries dry?

Dustin McKief

To those who ordered, could you please share its measurements (including weight)?
Answering myself because Mike at YLL got back to me about Enhanced specs:
79.42*119.05*35.46mm, the weight is about 180g without batteries.

According to Internet sources, the previous model is 76 × 133 × 31 mm and 260g. The weight with 2 cells should be approximately 270g vs 335g.

kokolokokolokon

And 168g without batteries

upgrade to function, downgrade to the eye and hand!
What I must Know before I downgrade aesthetics for function on the new version, is the firmware different to handle the100w bulb in ruby version vs the original, or can I just replace the bulb to 100w without totally sucking the batteries dry?
To the eye yes 🤣 to the hand depends. The new chasis should keep it cooler.
If the firmware allows to modify temps on the new version…it means it is different.

If you want to upgrade the old one….you should talk with yllvape. Maybe you can replace the bulb but i would ask…nobody wants to convert a vape into a brick 🤣

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
Went to order the Enhanced, then realized I didn't get the Rubies Version yet, so trying to decide if I want to get Rubies first, as it might not be around long.
Well, ordered Rubies, so I guess this is next. Looking forward to it, and seeing how it's different.

Last edited:

Mischa

Bullshit or worth to think about?
If one has troble with moisture in the battery housings and on the batteries of Angus : would some kind of ventilation help? If so, then lots of small holes drilling in the wooden casing would help? - yes, could work, but a lot of dirt would accumulate in the holes.

Mischa,

BingsBuddery

Derelict Meatsack

The Angus Enhanced has arrived, and in my opinion, it is a step up from the original wooden Angus is almost every conceivable way. The new battery covers are a cinch to slide on and off compared to the old metal screw-down caps, so no more carpal tunnel instigation. The all-plastic body construction is lightweight but feels sturdy and durable, and it remains appreciably cooler for longer durations than the wooden units. It has all the same great flavour as it's predecessor, but seemingly with better performance than the 100W wooden Angus. I'm getting nice dark brown coffee roasts at medium temp with the bubbler during a single session. The new speed top (shoutout @Unklmark68 for the innovation) allows for quick and easy swapping to the glass piece of your preference, and the direct-draw orientation is definitely a better flavour experience than the old cooling unit. At the lower temps, I find it easily tolerable through any of the stems and wildly pleasant with the bubbler; the terps just seem to last forever. Speaking of the glass, it is thick and beautiful, and puts most included vape glass to shame; I really wish more manufacturers opted for this quality of glass. The new adjustable airflow feature is the highlight of the vape for me: it works extremely well and makes the Angus far more customizable to user preference. It's fun to slap on the WPA and play with the airflow while you rip on it through a bong. She also features customizable temp settings via PC software, however, I do not currently have the cable to test this function. The glass dosing caps are a wildly cool innovation, and while I don't prefer to use dosing caps, these are definitely going to get some experimentation.

The accessory kit is damn-near unrivalled in vaping: you get a nice quality carry case (larger than the 50W case), 3 lengths of thick glass stem, a high-quality bubbler, a high-quality glass WPA, the custom funnel, a charge cable, and extra o-rings and screens. Like, what?!... value on value.

These are just early impressions, so take it with a grain of salt.. I've only had it for 24 hours, so hardly long enough to shake out any real issues. The only negatives I have as yet are that the SS mesh screens in both the oven and the top are a bit too small and tend to fall out when dumping bowls, or stick to a stem, which has me constantly reseating them. When using the bubbler with the top fully locked down, it requires too much rotation to disengage the top lock with it attached, as the bubbler blocks the rotation, so you have to either remove the bubbler from the top entirely before unlocking it, or do a couple of half rotations while moving the bubbler out of the way until it comes free. It's not a huge deal, but its a bit of extra fiddliness to use the bubbler over the glass stems or WPA... it's a gorgeous little bub though, I dig it.

All in all, between the value and performance, I am super enthused with this vape. It's easy to observe all of the lessons that YLL learned on the wooden Angus and employed to improve the design of the Enhanced. We'll see how the early run goes, and if there's issues yet to shake out, but I'm cautiously optimistic!

Last edited:

sickmanfraud

The Angus Enhanced has arrived, and in my opinion, it is a step up from the original wooden Angus is almost every conceivable way. The new battery covers are a cinch to slide on and off compared to the old metal screw-down caps, so no more carpal tunnel instigation. The all-plastic body construction is lightweight but feels sturdy and durable, and it remains appreciably cooler for longer durations than the wooden units. It has all the same great flavour as it's predecessor, but seemingly with better performance than the 100W wooden Angus. I'm getting nice dark brown coffee roasts at medium temp with the bubbler during a single session. The new speed top (shoutout @Unklmark68 for the innovation) allows for quick and easy swapping to the glass piece of your preference, and the direct-draw orientation is definitely a better flavour experience than the old cooling unit. At the lower temps, I find it easily tolerable through any of the stems and wildly pleasant with the bubbler; the terps just seem to last forever. Speaking of the glass, it is thick and beautiful, and puts most included vape glass to shame; I really wish more manufacturers opted for this quality of glass. The new adjustable airflow feature is the highlight of the vape for me: it works extremely well and makes the Angus far more customizable to user preference. It's fun to slap on the WPA and play with the airflow while you rip on it through a bong. She also features customizable temp settings via PC software, however, I do not currently have the cable to test this function. The glass dosing caps are a wildly cool innovation, and while I don't prefer to use dosing caps, these are definitely going to get some experimentation.

The accessory kit is damn-near unrivalled in vaping: you get a nice quality carry case (larger than the 50W case), 3 lengths of thick glass stem, a high-quality bubbler, a high-quality glass WPA, the custom funnel, a charge cable, and extra o-rings and screens. Like, what?!... value on value.

These are just early impressions, so take it with a grain of salt.. I've only had it for 24 hours, so hardly long enough to shake out any real issues. The only negatives I have as yet are that the SS mesh screens in both the oven and the top are a bit too small and tend to fall out when dumping bowls, or stick to a stem, which has me constantly reseating them. When using the bubbler with the top fully locked down, it requires too much rotation to disengage the top lock with it attached, as the bubbler blocks the rotation, so you have to either remove the bubbler from the top entirely before unlocking it, or do a couple of half rotations while moving the bubbler out of the way until it comes free. It's not a huge deal, but its a bit of extra fiddliness to use the bubbler over the glass stems or WPA... it's a gorgeous little bub though, I dig it.

All in all, between the value and performance, I am super enthused with this vape. It's easy to observe all of the lessons that YLL learned on the wooden Angus and employed to improve the design of the Enhanced. We'll see how the early run goes, and if there's issues yet to shake out, but I'm cautiously optimistic!

Nice thorough review. Now you made the wait for delivery even harder.

Can you please add some pictures when you have the chance? Thanks

Pukka

You had to post pictures, didn't you! I thought my VAS was kind of under control and you go and post PICTURES. POOP!!!

My order's in. I just couldn't help myself 🙃 The pictures did it.

Edit: In case it's not obvious, YLL is back from the Chinese New Years vacation/celebration and ordering is available again.

Top Bottom