Angus Enhanced

kokolokokolokon

Does this new unit have LEDS for what temp you are on or does it use haptic feedback only?
Also, the USB-C ability to change temps sounds good but would be even better if available on a BT app as well.
It looks like a nice upgrade.
it has the same UI of the first one, so there are leds.
About the app. This is something new (i know it since a week ago). But it is not a realtime app, it is more like a firmware update. I suppose like escribe for DNA mods.

The problem with the bluetooth app is you need to make the android app, and then an app web to make it work on ios because you can’t make a vape apps :\

It's hard to justify going from wood to plactic housing while increasing the price by ~30% at the same time. Kind of disappointing!
For what he told me, it is more expensive to make a full good plastic chasis than get the old wood piece. Not as hard to justified.

kokolokokolokon

I seriously doubt that.
Sacha Baron Cohen Thumbs Up GIF by Amazon Prime Video

bestvaping

Dry herb vaporizers are probably not concerned yet by EU health, safety and environmental requirements.
Any company wishing to sell an electronic product in the european union must comply with CE/RoHS (the second limits hazardous substances) directives, whether it's a vape product or not makes no difference. The problem is that CE in itself doesn't mean much, in fact you generally have to carry out electromagnetic (CEM) tests and other standards, but it all depends on the product in question (ELV (Extra-Low Voltage), LV (Low Voltage), HV (High Voltage)). It's best to contact a state-certified laboratory, but this can cost a lot of money. You must also register with WEEE for electronic waste. In most cases, simply displaying the logo on your product is not enough to comply with standards, it must be certified by a laboratory and not by the manufacturer (unless it has its own laboratories and qualification/certification (personally, I've never seen this here in Europe, as this training is very expensive and the equipment required can be too (again, it all depends on the type of product in question)) but in China this is often done in large production plants because they have very high financial resources and generally have their own laboratories and certification facilities and highly competent staff in their respective fields ;)).

Some people see this as an obstacle to bringing a product to market, but personally I find it reassuring for the consumer, especially for our use case here. It's important to understand that by not complying with the RoHS directive, you can considerably reduce the manufacturing cost of a product, for example, but who wants to inhale lead or other hazardous substances? I think this encourages the designer and manufacturer to design a high-quality finished product rather than offering a low-end, highly harmful product.

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
Fair, but they also nixed the wood, which is never a bad thing. Wood doesn't belong in vapes and comes at the cost of ability to sanitize on the user end. The same with leather, or hemp fiber decorations.

I would have preferred a metal shell, myself, but it's clear they are aligning closer to the aesthetic of another vape on the market, which I think will work well for them.

Fair, but they also nixed the wood, which is never a bad thing. Wood doesn't belong in vapes and comes at the cost of ability to sanitize on the user end. The same with leather, or hemp fiber decorations.

I would have preferred a metal shell, myself, but it's clear they are aligning closer to the aesthetic of another vape on the market, which I think will work well for them.
I love wood on vapes, in vapes, as vapes. Also, stems, bowls, adapters and accessories. My gear is clean, and the word "sanitize" just means clean, as in "sanitized for your protection" for a clean toilet bowl. No need to sterilize a vape, so you should be fine if you keep your gear clean. If you don't enjoy wood, that's fine, but many of us love our Milaana, OG Angus, tinymight, Lotus etc, and we are clean, or not, depending on personal preference, not the ability to clean wood, which people do all the time, with cookware, utensils, counters, floors, etc. Don't ever recall seeing a hemp decoration on a vape, but it sounds fancy. I'd take a look.
Wood by the way, is a plant product, as is the cannabis in the vape. While I do wash my weed, I think a person would be challenged to find "sanitized" cannabis. Outside the vape is about the hands, inside is about what goes in the lungs, and it's plant vapor, and whatever bug parts, debris, etc. that wasn't washed off. Unless you grow it, you don't know what all is there, and if you grow, you know.

I'm excited for the new Angus. Not a single problem with my OG, but when I saw the New Angus on IG, there was much merriment and excitement, and loudly proclaiming "I want that!" , and (-possibly- ) a bit of a melt down, until a Family Member started throwing cash to Make It Stop. I (possibly) won that round, and am just trying to determine when to pounce on this one. Wait for more refinement, or a sale? This is delicious anticipation.

Texus

WechatIMG8647-scaled.jpg

craaaaazy, counterfeit CE logo still there 🤫
I assumed that this was a joke (if so, late contender for Comment of the Year?), referring to the claim from new FC staff member @Grass Yes and others in the original Angus thread that the logo was counterfeit because the proportions weren't 100% perfect.

Which led YLL to post their CE documentation, which included the needed info to confirm their certification on the CE website itself.

Here's hoping this thread doesn't go down that path again. I'm sure not gonna say any more on this, since my reactions to being called a shill, cultist, etc after trying to stand up for YLL got me banned from that thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

Texus

It's hard to justify going from wood to plactic housing while increasing the price by ~30% at the same time. Kind of disappointing!
Um, since the original MSRP was $200, that is a 10% increase, not 30% (which would be $260). And based on YLL's track record, I am pretty darn confident that there will be some nice sales on this new Angus down the line.

And hey, if this is what YLL determined the price point needs to be to succeed at the ideal balance of sales and profits, so be it. Beats pricing it so low that the margins make it too difficult to stay in business.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
For what he told me, it is more expensive to make a full good plastic chasis than get the old wood piece
I think it will depend upon scale.
Small batch, wood may be less costly compared to making molds to ramp up for plastic. A great way for Angus to get started.
But if true, as you said, that wood was at fault for moisture issues, that can add another layer of 'expense' in warranty replacements, etc.
I know peek is pricey, but the cost of wood has gone crazy these past couple of years...

TinyMight people alluded a long time ago to a Purpleheart edition but then said they nixed the idea because they didn't feel they had control over the drying process.
I admired that integrity. Tropical hardwoods can be tricky, the dense ones are the worst and must be dried slowly.
Now, maybe 2 yrs hence, TM are doing a Purpleheart edition.
I'm guessing they purchased the wood quite a while ago...

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
???

Edit: I read yours to the end, now I understand, I believe.
You wash while green?
I remember @Madri-Gal posting about this a while ago so I looked it up for you.

Wash as in one 5 gallon bucket with lukewarm water and lemon juice, minute swish and soak. Second lukewarm bucket with baking soda for a minute, then final bucket for rinse. Then I start the drying process. I do this to get off dust, bugs, etc. I wash my vegetables and I wash my weed. First bucket is dirty, second not bad, and by the third everything is clean. If I want to water cure a few jars, I then start. I don't want to vape dirt and bugs, so this is how I deal with it.

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
I remember @Madri-Gal posting about this a while ago so I looked it up for you.
Thank you, @cheesby. You are a gem.
Yes, I wash when green. Washing dry weed would be a mess, I imagine.
As much as I love growing, I am obsessed with harvesting, curing, and storing.
I might be willing to vape out of a cheap vape that has exposed wires, lead paint, and smokes out the bottom, but I Won't Vape A Bug. Nope, not for me.
Also, strongly prefer Angus to the above referenced vape.
Named a cat after the vape, and I love hollering "Anggg-Usssss!" out the back door at all hours. It's the Best.

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
that the logo was counterfeit because the proportions weren't 100% perfect
this is why china export is so similar to conformité européenne, to fool people that are not paying attention to details

PS RoHS is also an EU directive, on hazardous substances, embedded in real CE conformity.
if you have the real CE conformity it includes you having RoHS conformity (restriction of hazardous substances) if CE stands for china export it does not include RoHS, nor any other EU safety standards

Last edited:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I just thought conformité européenne meant you had to dress/act like a wierdo to use it, about as useful as a VW tune:2c:

Storz-Bickel-marketing-800x700.jpg

I think I need an Angus in my life after @Madri-Gal 's story...not the cat.:)
it has the same UI of the first one
Thanks, I do not own the OG and stopped following the og thread when the maker chucked a sad and went home after all the melty CUs or something...I canna remember exactly.

kokolokokolokon

I am looking forward to some bong hit videos and how the mouthpiece/oven works/looks. I have most types of heaters in the vapes I own but not any Halogen...yet.:tup:
Im going to get one, so i will share videos and photos 👌👌 i will make some bong videos too…but im not a bong guy and i just have a little one haha
I want to see how the mouthpiece works too + the bubbler + the glass capsule (i like this idea very much)

NOLOGO

isn't the picture of the unit in this thread a computer mockup? (Meaning that the CE we see is just a graphic and not an actual photo)

kokolokokolokon

isn't the picture of the unit in this thread a computer mockup? (Meaning that the CE we see is just a graphic and not an actual photo)
It is a render as you say. The look will not be exactly the same (and there is no usbc port in the render). But the device is ready for the production.

Please share a photo of the oven. Wondering if it still has the Angus anus.
I will when i can. I asked for an oven photo. I dont know what the angus anus is, but they told me the bottom screen of the chamber is different

Nebelmann

No wood, no buy. Gonna get a wooden V2 instead of this plastic case. Looking like a generic China vape. I prefer the classy look of the original design.

Still not sure about the companion description and the glass capsules. Never had problems with wet batteries or anything yet. I am not a fan of having to link your vape with my phone to make adjustments. Personally, I don't need more than the 5 temp settings plus boost mode

kokolokokolokon

I am not a fan of having to link your vape with my phone to make adjustments. Personally, I don't need more than the 5 temp settings plus boost mode
well it would be just an upgrader in case you want. If you just vape herb the basics temp levels are great. But if you like to vape hash too…it is nice to make the last level has more temp :rockon:

It's a rubber gasket where debris accumulates.
Oooh then you talk about the top of the chamber(?) where the oring for the mouthpiece is? Or the one on the SS tube below the chamber?

kokolokokolokon,
Reactions: LesPlenty
Top Bottom