Angus and Mighty comparison

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

Angus unsurprisingly draws comparison to Mighty, which draws questions to the Angus thread that merit their own place.

How is maintenance compared to the mighty? Is it pretty similar as in changing screens and the cooling units?

I talked about it a bit here:

Yeah it's mighty type cleaning afairemember but hopefully a bit easier to open the cu (I HAAATED that with mighty, ended up finger bleeding and shit
:freak:
)

The way the internals of the standard mp look make it seem like it would be the case though (less annoying than mighty)

Oh and look how atmospheric

72967365-6-EFA-4-DF8-996-E-D43-BA4557-C34.jpg

How is the heat up on these

1 min. to max temp is what a reviewer showed on ig (mighty takes 2 min. I heard?)

is it as easy to use as the mighty? As in load and vape.

Just as easy.

I know there's no LCD and preset temps but are these easy to tell apart with colours etc?

Pretty much. I mean the two buttons and display on mighty are simpler, but the Angus controls and the led light info are also very easy to use/read.

Lastly how is the vapor production? Is it similar to the mighty or more cooler and lighter? Sometimes I like to feel the temps to feel satisfied and like thicker clouds.

Yeah mighty vapor imo is flimsy compared to Angus. It has considerably better heat retention, so you can really rip it. Also the halogen heating handles flavor at high temps (and low as well) way better than the conduction leaning devices.

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus
So I've had 2 mighties and a crafty that I've all sold. Mostly because I dislike the vapor from them but also for the plastic and the slow charging and the tinymight was always just overall better. But, for some reason, I always end up missing my mighty/crafty at some point and am hoping this Angus will scratch the itch. In your experience, does the angus fulfill the roll of the mighty but with better vapor and stuff?

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

What's the battery life like on the Angus?

Will really depend on how you use it like what temps, more short sessions versus less longer sessions etc. FWIW I don't expect battery life will be a complaint.

So I've had 2 mighties and a crafty that I've all sold. Mostly because I dislike the vapor from them but also for the plastic and the slow charging and the tinymight was always just overall better. But, for some reason, I always end up missing my mighty/crafty at some point and am hoping this Angus will scratch the itch. In your experience, does the angus fulfill the roll of the mighty but with better vapor and stuff?

Yea overall better experience in every aspect I have found so far. When I broke my mighty I never considered replacing it. If my Angus would break I would for sure miss it. It's also more versatile due to superior heat retention, making it a real performer on high temps.

I know many love mighty and it does some things very well which has helped it remain a favorite, but Angus shows it for the outdated, overpriced and overhyped device it imo is to today standards. Also replaceable batteries so no problem waiting for juice :)

Texus

Some Mighty comparison from an early Angus post of mine:

There is a new badass in the house. And watch out Mighty!

This early Angus arrived Monday. And damn there is another major player entering the portable battery vape race. Just great flavor here. Wonderfully simple interface. And for this price? Mind blown. As easy to quickly load as the Mighty. Plus the swappable batteries and they killer flavor it extracts (while still being quite thick at higher temps; I'll get pix with the new Prophet glass to see just how milky). Even if it doesn't approach the legendary battery life of the Mighty (too soon to tell), this is a statement vape.

And you can even feather your finger over the intake vent at the bottom to further modulate and control your hit (BTW v3 Pro folks don't sleep on its capability to do this too).

Anyhoo. Blown away at the outset. No deal breakers and only the most minor of quibbles (will wait until I've lived with them and given them as feedback to manufacturer @YLLVAPE OFFICAL before putting them out; along with manufacturer's thoughts they want to give in reply).

But really, Daaaaang. Really killer high too, so I'm thinking great extraction is being achieved.

P.S. coming from an owner of FW7, Mighty, Bowle, v3, B2, Halo, Anvil, Vapman and Herborizer...

P.P.S. Also so psyched that @VGOODIEZ is the U.S. seller of these. The best IMHO.

Texus

Another post from me with Mighty comparison:

The ease of use of the Angus is really nearly identical to that of the Mighty. What got me to buy my Mighty (in addition to it awesome battery life) was Troy on 420 Vape Zone's comparison vid between TM and Mighty. There he really lays out how quickly and easily it is to refill a Mighty, and emphasizes that user experience side of the vapes. All of which would apply to Angus: Pop off top, dump ABV, doob tube quick refill bowl and go!

Another nice feature from how they handled the WPA is that with the threads on the WPA base you open up the possibility of some threaded mouthpiece accessories. And with the stock mouthpiece, that design is such that I don't think it would be hard to 3D print and design other options for mouthpieces that way either. The key magnetic portion is a separate piece from the larger mouthpiece part.

DadaBoo

B2, Mighty+, M/Omni, Volcano Hybrid, TM2, Anvil
Thanks for the feedback guys, I'm gonna get me one of these bad boys me thinks.

A couple more questions though, if you don't mind.

Can you draw your vapour anyway you like, ie. Mouth to lung, long draws, quick or slow draws etc. Also, is there a particular way to pack the Angus or can you just bang it in any which way. These are the things I believe the Mighty excel at, if the Angus does too, then oh boy..

Also, if you drop this vape, because its bulb based..is it gonna bust? I've dropped my Mighty a few times and it keeps on chugging along.

Thanks in advance.

GoldenBud

Can you draw your vapour anyway you like, ie. Mouth to lung, long draws, quick or slow draws etc. Also, is there a particular way to pack the Angus or can you just bang it in any which way. These are the things I believe the Mighty excel at, if the Angus does too, then oh boy..
same thing as the Mighty but if the temperature is too high you can't inhale too slow, it will bring very dark ABV etc'....
bigger heater, try low temps first.... then try to raise it until the setting is fine for you.....lower temps will require slower steady draws....

checkyourlibido

the comparison should be TP80 Vs Angus or so
I could see that, you could always start another thread. At some point I had thought of starting a versus with the TM, because that is my gold standard for vapor quality. Though my TP80 is just pure art and is a beast in it's own right.

Either way, I left the Mighty behind a while ago. It's a nice vape that I never really worried much about breaking. It's plastic and doesn't weigh much. But it's plastic and costs as much or more than some really nice vapes. I'll take the Angus any day of the week. I like the replaceable 18650 batteries as well on the Angus. I just can't see buying a vape in 2022 that doesn't have easily replaceable batteries, but to each their own.

Last edited:

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

A couple more questions though, if you don't mind.
Sure buddy but up front I must say this is rather subjective territory as I might be satisfied easier.

Can you draw your vapour anyway you like, ie. Mouth to lung, long draws, quick or slow draws etc.
Yes. In comparison to mighty it is better at that. The heater and heat retention is superior. If you like mighty for this wait til you get your hands on an Angus.

Also, is there a particular way to pack the Angus or can you just bang it in any which way.

Pretty much, yeah. It will influence the experience with draw restriction (which you could adjust if you feel the need), but it manages both tightly and loosely packed bowls and large and small loads.

Oh boy indeed :brow:

Also, if you drop this vape, because its bulb based..is it gonna bust?
From drop tests (shared on insta and here as well I think) I wouldn't worry about it. Of course there's always a chance yours falls in an ugly way, but the same goes for vapes that won't survive those drop tests, so once again you should be good :)

GoldenBud

Nah dude, Angus is a portable session vape, its usage scenario is way closer to a mighty than to a TP80.
look at that, i can do the same thing with joint loading using Tetra P80 around 480F but be ready in private message because I am going to get anxiety :lol::lol:after a break of 28 days.... see these 2 hitter clouds :o

PS
but yeah I agree TP80 is much breakable than Angus according to the IG videos
Mighty is too weak vs Angus it seems

Last edited:

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus
This ain't the mighty but I gotta question. I use my Tinymight for sessions nearly half the time. Would temp stepping a bowl in the angus be a better experience that doing the same in a tinymight? Why?

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

This ain't the mighty but I gotta question. I use my Tinymight for sessions nearly half the time. Would temp stepping a bowl in the angus be a better experience that doing the same in a tinymight? Why?
The experience is subjective because the temp stepping succes isnt the only variable shaping the experience. But for the sake of argument, if temp stepping was the only variable, a dial and wide temp range or almost any other means of expanding on the presets will make the device's experience better.

What shows the subjectivity in experience, is the fact I temp step with both. But I will reach for my TM when I'm done doing my shit and can relax on the couch, or when I still got shit to do and want to be able to not stress between hits about clearing the bowl. With Angus I walk the dog or sit in front of my house shit like that.

Edit: oh yea wrt cleaning: yesterday evening when I was walking the dog, Angus in hand, enjoying the standard cu because of its glass mp, I suddenly remembered all those many orings the mighty cu and maintenance required. Angus is a simpler setup that doesn't rely on a collection of orings. Easier to deconstruct for a cleaning. Also @Medivapequeen since you specifically inquired.

Last edited:

GoldenBud

Would temp stepping a bowl in the angus be a better experience that doing the same in a tinymight? Why?
try taking much slower draw at the end of the session, it may work the same as temp stepping
the Angus has much bigger heater than the TM and it has 2 batteries. but i think the TM is a beast, it all depends in your VAS/bank account

RedZep

The thing I loved about my old mighty, was the easy, effortless draws. Whether you were sipping or taking long draw, it felt like it was just pouring out. Like there was zero air resistance.

Does the Angus have this trait?

Texus

The thing I loved about my old mighty, was the easy, effortless draws. Whether you were sipping or taking long draw, it felt like it was just pouring out. Like there was zero air resistance.

In spades. Lovely sipper or ripper.

Don't have a TM2 (yet...), but a factor to consider is how many steps on each device until the flavor and vapor quality takes a dive. As others have mentioned, one of the remarkable things about the Angus (and halogen vapes in general IME) is how well preserved flavor is, long after it would have started to drop off in other vapes with other heating mechanisms.

So number of steps and ability to fine tune isn't the only factor to consider. But yes both Mighty and TM2 provide more fine grained temp control. How much that is needed, is a matter for another discussion or later experimentation.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

The thing with the mighty, it relies so much on the session conduction, cooking the herb for you, so of course the vapor is pouring out automatically... Angus being more convection heavy, means you will need to inhale more to create the vapor, there's a bit of radiation but it is not going to conduct and have the vapor pouring out like it would in the mighty without you inhaling...

Top Bottom