...And We're Back

vapviking

Old & In the Way
With original-strength FC, I was able to link to an individual's post, I think it was the 'permalink' feature.
When I try to create a link now, I only get a link to the page the targeted post was on, not the post itself.
Has anyone else found this to be the case? Is there something I'm missing?

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Thanks, @C No Ego, this illustrates what I was trying to point out.
I'm not seeing a way to link to, say, my post #55 itself. Even in the 'Share' menu, the link available to Copy to Clipboard is a link to the page, not the post.
Of course, there is the +Quote option, but I like the efficiency of a link.

C No Ego

Thanks, @C No Ego, this illustrates what I was trying to point out.
I'm not seeing a way to link to, say, my post #55 itself. Even in the 'Share' menu, the link available to Copy to Clipboard is a link to the page, not the post.
Of course, there is the +Quote option, but I like the efficiency of a link.

I see a little three circle symbol that is " share this post" . maybe that one does it ... oh junk , that is for social media outlets ...
yeah , it looks like it is the total forum post count being used . 1490801 is the # 55 showing ... your # 57 post is 1490813 ...

C No Ego,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
With original-strength FC, I was able to link to an individual's post, I think it was the 'permalink' feature.
When I try to create a link now, I only get a link to the page the targeted post was on, not the post itself.
Has anyone else found this to be the case? Is there something I'm missing?

The direct link to a post is found in the upper left right corner: #[post-number]. If you right click on that (or press and hold on your phone) then a menu opens that lets you copy the link address. That's the permalink you referred to.

Last edited:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
The direct link to a post is found in the upper left corner: #[post-number]. If you right click on that (or press and hold on your phone) then a menu opens that lets you copy the link address. That's the permalink you referred to.

Do you mean the upper right corner - the #[post number]?
When I right-click on that (the #59 on your post) and select "copy link address", then paste that into my post, we get this, the link to the page, not your post;
Hold on-- I'm learning something....

YES, I see it now, the "link" looks like it's going to go to the page (and I thought in my attempts that it was doing that) BUT when you actually click on the link, it takes you to the post.
Nevermind....

Last edited:

Exsmoker

Plant Manager
While we’re at it, the new FC site has many page styles to choose from, including some with larger fonts. It was a nice feature. I was wondering if something like that was in the plans for this site too? Teeny-tiny fonts on a tablet are hard on older eyes. :(

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Do you mean the upper right corner - the #[post number]?
When I right-click on that (the #59 on your post) and select "copy link address", then paste that into my post, we get this, the link to the page, not your post;
Hold on-- I'm learning something....

YES, I see it now, the "link" looks like it's going to go to the page (and I thought in my attempts that it was doing that) BUT when you actually click on the link, it takes you to the post.
Nevermind....

Oops! I'm left-right dyslexic. Fixed.

pakalolo,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
While we’re at it, the new FC site has many page styles to choose from, including some with larger fonts. It was a nice feature. I was wondering if something like that was in the plans for this site too? Teeny-tiny fonts on a tablet are hard on older eyes. :(
Thanks for the reminder on this. I'm looking into some options. An alternate style may be the way to go.

In the meantime you may be able to adjust text size on your device. What type of tablet and browser are you using?

Exsmoker

Plant Manager
Thanks for the reminder on this. I'm looking into some options. An alternate style may be the way to go.

In the meantime you may be able to adjust text size on your device. What type of tablet and browser are you using?

Hi, thanks for this. I’m using an iPad 11 with several browsers, some have a font control, and that helps me. But I thought the extra theme options on the other site were a nice touch that most forums don’t have.

I’m cool either way and appreciate all that you guys are doing!

Exsmoker,
Reactions: vtac

Exsmoker

Plant Manager
@Exsmoker Sounds like you know what you're doing. There's now a new style called FC Large Font. We can tweak the sizes for better readability if needed.

That size is great! You work fast. I’m used to using a white background, so it will take me a minute to adjust. I also noticed the avatar frames were changed too, I like that. Thanks!

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
@vtac - Since you are granting wishes... is there anyway you can add back the handle to the bottom of the post. If the post is long/picture heavy, it’s a pain to always scroll back up to see who post was from. Here is pic of what it looked like on original site:

Thanks for considering.

Top Bottom