• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Ancient Israelites vapes for religious purposes

Gazaam

A newly published archeological research paper reports finding burnt cannabis residues on the altar stone of the excavated First Temple of Judaism dated to about 800 B.C. The residues were analyzed using state of the art instruments at two different Israeli labs. The absence of pollen or seed residues implies the cannabis was in the form of hashish imported from a distant location.

Taylor & Francis Group. "New research reveals cannabis and frankincense at the Judahite shrine of biblical Arad." ScienceDaily. ScienceDaily, 29 May 2020. <www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2020/05/200529093125.htm>.

Also found in the residue were components of animal dung which burns at a low enough temperature to decarboxylate and vaporize the cannabinoids to fill the small altar room with holy smoke :)

floribud

I love this rabbit hole:
  • Exodus 30:23-25
    • 23 Take thou also unto thee the chief spices, of flowing myrrh five hundred shekels, and of sweet cinnamon half so much, even two hundred and fifty, and of Kaneh bosem two hundred and fifty,
      24 and of cassia five hundred, after the shekel of the sanctuary, and of olive oil a hin.
      25 And thou shalt make it a holy anointing oil, a perfume compounded after the art of the perfumer; it shall be a holy anointing oil.
  • That is the recipe for "Holy Annointing Oil"
  • King James really screwed up the translation of the lots of words from bible. But many hebrew scholars are now convinced Kaneh bosem is cannabis
  • "Christ" means "The Annointed One"
  • Jesus was famous for using some kind of oil in his miracles
I'll let you take over from here

C No Ego

I love this rabbit hole:
  • Exodus 30:23-25
    • 23 Take thou also unto thee the chief spices, of flowing myrrh five hundred shekels, and of sweet cinnamon half so much, even two hundred and fifty, and of Kaneh bosem two hundred and fifty,
      24 and of cassia five hundred, after the shekel of the sanctuary, and of olive oil a hin.
      25 And thou shalt make it a holy anointing oil, a perfume compounded after the art of the perfumer; it shall be a holy anointing oil.
  • That is the recipe for "Holy Annointing Oil"
  • King James really screwed up the translation of the lots of words from bible. But many hebrew scholars are now convinced Kaneh bosem is cannabis
  • "Christ" means "The Annointed One"
  • Jesus was famous for using some kind of oil in his miracles
I'll let you take over from here

some of the original texts showed pictures of the types of plants being used in that oil

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
So smoking pot is kosher! I always knew there was a reason I was so attracted to the weed.

Some believe that smoking meats with cannabis is essential to the kosherizing process in Orthodox Jewish ritual. They say that even pork can be made kosher by 48 hours of steeping in weed smoke. Now the big question is: Does weed vapor have the same efficacy as weed smoke in kosher making?

Tranquility

So smoking pot is kosher! I always knew there was a reason I was so attracted to the weed.

Some believe that smoking meats with cannabis is essential to the kosherizing process in Orthodox Jewish ritual. They say that even pork can be made kosher by 48 hours of steeping in weed smoke. Now the big question is: Does weed vapor have the same efficacy as weed smoke in kosher making?
Kosher cannabis is real, but it’s not as simple as getting it blessed by a rabbi

Is Marijuana Kosher?

MyCollie

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Haha yes there are a lot of different degrees of kosher (especially when processing is involved) among all the various degrees of Jewish religious observance, but marijuana in of itself is kosher just like any other plant!

Gazaam

Well, how long ago was it first used, do you think? My guess is ancients knew of cannabis long before they figured how to make alcohol. After all, all you really had to do was eat it. Lol. Same for shrooms as well. There are over 25 species of psychoactive psilocybin mushrooms, they are all over the world and they grow in animal dung, so ancient hunters probably enjoyed a garnish of shrooms on their antelope steaks. Lol. Which also then raises the big Q: which led to which... Did drug experiences lead to the whole idea of religion, or did religion bless the use of these "sacraments"? Big topic, good for discussion in a round table format with a big bong of landrace sativa being passed around!

C No Ego

"THC was first isolated and elucidated in 1969 by Raphael Mechoulam and Yechiel Gaoni at the Weizmann Institute of Science in Israel"

Coincidence or deep genetic knowledge?

the molecule was identified however specualtion as to a receptor that uses that type of molecule was there ... because they are lipids and not easilly identifiable ( will not form into salt crystals) it took radio waves to find the isotypes of the isoforms of the actual receptors . coined cannabinoid receptors / endocannabinoid system

C No Ego,

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
Did drug experiences lead to the whole idea of religion, or did religion bless the use of these "sacraments"? Big topic, good for discussion in a round table format with a big bong of landrace sativa being passed around!
It depends n which religion... Hinduism, maybe, but not really such a good fit for the others. Especially the Israelite religion and what came after that (Christianity and Islam)...

I heard that for some indian saddhus, Cannabis is associated with Shiva and Datura with Kali, and that was the OG mix smoked in the chillums, before tobacco was imported and eventually replaced datura for most of those guys.

Haze Mister,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I heard that for some indian saddhus, Cannabis is associated with Shiva and Datura with Kali, and that was the OG mix smoked in the chillums, before tobacco was imported and eventually replaced datura for most of those guys.

Ganga/Ganja (coming from the Ganges River in the Himalayas where arguably the greatest Kush of all time descends from) and Bhang are very popular in Shaivite/Saddhu culture (see Avatar)
I've not heard of them mixing tobacco though.

Hinduism, maybe, but not really such a good fit for the others. Especially the Israelite religion and what came after that (Christianity and Islam)...

Those scriptures are loaded with qanah/kanehbosm/kannabus references.

The Romans would use infused cannabis oils, elixirs and topicals, then sit in sensory deprivation baths to promote spiritual experiences.

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
Those scriptures are loaded with qanah/kanehbosm/kannabus references.

Yes, for sure it was used in the area but it cannot have been the inspiration for these aberrations (ie abrahamic religions), nor was any other psychedelic plant or substance as these don't tend to inspire genital mutilation, intolerance, racism, genocide and misogyny (all in the scripts and in history). Alien mind parasites is more likely, IMO! I think the image of Jehovah as bearded old guy in a robe is a much much later invention...

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
nor was any other psychedelic plant or substance as these don't tend to inspire genital mutilation, intolerance, racism, genocide and misogyny (all in the scripts and in history).

I like your premise, but have you ever met someone perma-fried from psychedelics? Literally nothing could surprise me from those folks!

invertedisdead,

Gazaam

nor was any other psychedelic plant or substance as these don't tend to inspire genital mutilation, intolerance, racism, genocide and misogyny (all in the scripts and in history).
I think it is bad logic to presume that these primative practises were in some way the result of the use of psychedelics. These are RACIAL practises aimed at preserving tribal purity by controlling breeding and/or promoting recognition of tribal membership. I do not think it is logical to presume that such practises were related to the use of entheogens or experiences derived therefrom without evidence. And yes, I have met a few "perma-frieds" over the years and they tend to be pretty passive, not violent. If you are looking for a correlation between drug use violence, I'd suggest your query would bear better results if you were to look at drugs like alcohol and coccaine.

Gazaam,
Top Bottom