Amsterdam Coffee Shop Recommendations :)

MGG

I've been to Amsterdam a few years back and i'm planning on going again this year.

I've been to :
Dampkring
Barneys
Grey Area
Greenhouse
and a few others.

I don't know if much has changed since my last visit, but i've heard of some places being shut down so i'd like to here peoples recommendations for the best places to go and why?

Thanks! :)

Also any thoughts on travelling with a Mighty on a plane?
I'll be going through bangkok and i'm thinking it may be safer just to send it via post.

horst

horsed
got a few tips to check out:

Boerejongens - Just a stone throw away from Rembrandtplein, they got a unique ancient pharmacy interieur, always reliable weed and maybe towns best new school hashish with their block products, AM block and super lemon haze block i.e. are only around 10 euros per gram and really stand out in strength and taste.

1e Hulp - good selection of modern american strains like gorilla glue and girl scout cookies, best white widow in town for a bargain. People are currently raving about their kush hashes but I didn't tried them yet.

Voyagers - always my first stop when arriving at amsterdam central station, it's just around the corner and very small with a small menu, but always good quality and nice budtenders.

Tweede Kamer - small but nice place for old school hashish.

All these shops have a constant good quality and are not that overpriced as the big players like Greenhouse and Barneys.

Look out for a strain called Somari, a NYCD variant by the famous amsterdam seed-entropeneur Soma. It's my amsterdam favorite because it's hard to get elsewhere and really unique. Sadly hard to find, 2014 it was available at 1e Hulp, 2015 at Utopia und 2016 I spotted it at Dampkring, but it's always shifting.

Have a nice trip and report back what you scored, always looking for first hand recommendations. :)

MinnBobber

Hi,
I'm going the end of May and also struggling about bringing a vape. I also have a Mighty but thinking about bringing a smaller vape. Obviously, clean it thoroughly, especially the cooling unit.

Are you most interested in top quality bud or ambiance ( a nice place to relax, have a fresh juice, watch the world go by)?

My two favorites are probably Paradox and La Tertulia.
- Paradox has good weed selection, much bigger interior than Grey Area for example. Fresh squeezed juices. At least one Volcano.
- La Tertulia IMO has a premium location on Prinsengracht canal, good herb, two level interior so lots of space, and tables out front to people watch but I don't believe you can imbibe out front?? They have de Verdamper vape which is a treat to try.

EDIT: after seeing MGG response-
IMO, both my favs have top quality bud too, if you're going to "buy n fly" BUT both are worth taking a break from experiencing AMS and experience the "locals" coffeeshop experience at these two.
For me, for example - sitting down at Grey Area to consume is crowded and meh. Taking the time vape the Verdamper at La Tertulia and the Volcano at Paradox were each a trip highlight in their own way.

Hit the Verdamper and then move to the outdoor seats at Tertulia and let the AMS experience come to you.... then be back on your mellow way ;)

Last edited:

MGG

Hi,
I'm going the end of May and also struggling about bringing a vape. I also have a Mighty but thinking about bringing a smaller vape. Obviously, clean it thoroughly, especially the cooling unit.

Are you most interested in top quality bud or ambiance ( a nice place to relax, have a fresh juice, watch the world go by)?

My two favorites are probably Paradox and La Tertulia.
- Paradox has good weed selection, much bigger interior than Grey Area for example. Fresh squeezed juices. At least one Volcano.
- La Tertulia IMO has a premium location on Prinsengracht canal, good herb, two level interior so lots of space, and tables out front to people watch but I don't believe you can imbibe out front?? They have de Verdamper vape which is a treat to try.

Thanks everyone for getting back to me :D! These are great responses, better than i had anticipated.

So I should of clarified, whilst atmosphere is cool, i'm more looking to get some top quality bud/hash and experience Amsterdam instead of being stuck in a crowded cafe.

I'm really just interested in getting the best flowers, bubble hash, rosin in Amsterdam, i'm not interested in anything solvent based. I like fresh juice though ;D .

MGG,

MGG

I'd love to hear more recommendations from other members if possible! Going to do my own research too and try and report back with findings :)

EDIT :
I've made a 'small' list, i'd be interested to hear if anyone can vouch for any of these places or speak against them, i've also written my own notes next to some and taken advice from other people (i've been to some of these but others i haven't, specifically the bushdoctor, i've heard him come up a number of times but have never been myself)

- 1e Hulp (good selection of american weed)
- barneys (expensive but good)
- Voyagers (near train station)
- 420 cafe (Very chilled relaxed friendly atmosphere)
- De Dampkring (famous from movie 'Ocean’s Eleven', good weed, crowded and small)
- Kashmir Lounge
- bush doctor (never been but apparently good hash)
- http://www.coffeeshop.freeuk.com/Map.html (map)

Last edited:

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
Have to agree on De Dampkring especially for the High Times Cup in November. I had too many 'on the house' beers. Good selection of both weed and hash, also @horst suggestion of Tweede Kamer.
The Front Page on Zousteeg just of Damrak is/was run by the same people as the TK. Again a small shop but they had a bar just over the passage and a good selection of both weed and hash in both.

VapourHaze

Rexcornish on IG, Vaping since '02
Personally find voyagers super overrated .. has to be one of the most talked about coffeeshops in dam and ive always got average weed there.

No one mentioned Katsu yet? Great shop out of the centre. I also like grey area, utopia, boerejongens (sic), dampkring/tweede, green place (pricey)

Id avoid barneys, green house etc unless you're a big group.

sativasam

NO SMOKING
There is not many coffee shops in Dam I haven't visited over the years, and I believe Dampkring to be the best. Seeing as you already have been there; I would suggest an old favourite of mine, BlueBird. It always seems to have the strains I can't find anywhere else and I have many a fond memory of that place.

vape-noob

I'm jonesing for a trip to Amsterdam. Not in the cards right now, as the underpaid single mom of a young child. La Tertulia has been my first stop after checking into my hotel. Such a beautiful spot right on the canal! Run by a mother and daughter. They make good sandwiches too. But be aware that they are closed on Sundays and Mondays. Bummer, as it limited my visits there. I would also agree with the recommendation of Tweede Kamer. It's one of the few coffeeshops where I had nice conversations with locals. I also like Picasso. The old guy behind the counter is a nice old character.

Don't miss a trip to Puccini Bomboni for some post vape munchies. Amazing chocolate. https://puccinibomboni.com/?lang=en

MGG

I'm jonesing for a trip to Amsterdam. Not in the cards right now, as the underpaid single mom of a young child. La Tertulia has been my first stop after checking into my hotel. Such a beautiful spot right on the canal! Run by a mother and daughter. They make good sandwiches too. But be aware that they are closed on Sundays and Mondays. Bummer, as it limited my visits there. I would also agree with the recommendation of Tweede Kamer. It's one of the few coffeeshops where I had nice conversations with locals. I also like Picasso. The old guy behind the counter is a nice old character.

Don't miss a trip to Puccini Bomboni for some post vape munchies. Amazing chocolate. https://puccinibomboni.com/?lang=en

Thanks, I've added Puccini Bomboni to my list :)
(munchies recommendations are also appreciated)

I also was wondering if anyone had any experience with the Bush Doctor?
I've heard around that he has some of the best hash in Amsterdam but I've never been myself.

MGG,

MinnBobber

I also was wondering if anyone had any experience with the Bush Doctor?
@MGG ,
I found Boerejongens Coffeeshop West to generally be one of the best for hash and bud, cheaper and better quality than most. Way SW but worth the effort.
They also have some hash where they sent seeds to Morocco, grown outdoors but Amsterdam genetics that gets high high marks for good price. "White Choco Block".
I'm a Super Lemon Haze bud lover and they have SLH bloc hash which I'l love to try!!!

Bush Doctor doesn't seem to get the love as much. A couple years ago I think they also made you buy 2 grams of herb minimum WTF----I want to sample more different varieties.

When are you going? I'm going in May and can report back after

MGG

@MGG ,
I found Boerejongens Coffeeshop West to generally be one of the best for hash and bud, cheaper and better quality than most. Way SW but worth the effort.
They also have some hash where they sent seeds to Morocco, grown outdoors but Amsterdam genetics that gets high high marks for good price. "White Choco Block".
I'm a Super Lemon Haze bud lover and they have SLH bloc hash which I'l love to try!!!

Bush Doctor doesn't seem to get the love as much. A couple years ago I think they also made you buy 2 grams of herb minimum WTF----I want to sample more different varieties.

When are you going? I'm going in May and can report back after

I'm going mid july, I noticed bush doctor was only doing 2g minimum and it got as expensive as 30euro for 2 grams, wtf? and then they were selling 1 gram hash for as low as 10euro, like how does that work lmao?

Boerejongens Coffeeshop sounds like my kind of thing, i'm going to be in the Dam for a week so i'll probably just take a bike ride over :)

Last edited:
MGG,

VapourHaze

Rexcornish on IG, Vaping since '02
@MGG ye i forgot about bushdoctor not been there for a couple of years but last time they had all sorts of bho however im not sure if you'll still be able to get it.

When i went they were selling it for 100 euros a gram!!! You could buy 0.2g at a time tho.

Most places in central top of the list weed is gonna be 15euros a gram!! And top rate hash ive seen up to a 100 a gram so brace your wallet!

If you google amsterdam coffeeshop menus there is a pretty basic forum and list of shops with some up to date photos of menus.

FluffMolotov

''The Stud'' was my spot of choice when I lived there. The owners have been in the game amongst the longest of all the coffee shops in town and their herb is guaranteed authentic (many places flat out lie about their strains). If you want to shop high quality bud at low prices, go where the locals go IMO. Super friendly and always tourist free, they had desktop vaporizers there too. A little outside of the tourist zone but totally worth a visit, ask for a taster platter!

FluffMolotov,
Reactions: VegNVape

MGG

I thought i'd also add that i'm considering stopping by Rotterdam for 1 night if anyone had some advice for places/coffeeshops to hit up there and what peoples thoughts are on Rotterdam in general. Thanks :)

bluenavey00

Arizer Air Aficionado
prix d'ami was our favourite last time, went in a massive group so spent many hours taking over the top floor with the two pool tables, was good fun. They also have cinema rooms.

Easy times is a must also! They have a volcano you can use.

Enjoy :)

djonkoman

I've only been on a coffeeshoptrip to amsterdam once(I've been to amsterdam more often, but that was either before I was 18, or visiting family, so I didn't visit any coffeeshops), unfortunatly I don't remember all the names of the shops I visited that day.

but one I do remember is Katsu, a coffeeshop with a nice atmosphere('gezellig' as we would call it in the netherlands), a little outside the citycenter(easy to reach by tram though, I stepped onto a random tram close to a coffeeshop in the center that I visited)

Look out for a strain called Somari, a NYCD variant by the famous amsterdam seed-entropeneur Soma. It's my amsterdam favorite because it's hard to get elsewhere and really unique. Sadly hard to find, 2014 it was available at 1e Hulp, 2015 at Utopia und 2016 I spotted it at Dampkring, but it's always shifting.
funny coincidence, I just finished the last bit I had of that strain a few days ago, bought it about a week ago at de kronkel in nijmegen, since I never heard of that strain before and wanted to try it out.

Drexciya

Homage to the Deepsea Dwellers
I thought i'd also add that i'm considering stopping by Rotterdam for 1 night if anyone had some advice for places/coffeeshops to hit up there and what peoples thoughts are on Rotterdam in general. Thanks :)

In Rotterdam, the best shop for weed is 'de Stichting'. It is not in the centre but it is near metro 'Blijdorp' . (https://www.google.nl/maps/place/St...ved=0ahUKEwio-oPIro7MAhVEwQ4KHe8dBWAQ8gEIGzAA)

They got a wide selection of haze, and hash. A lot of it is biological.

In the centre of Rotterdam you have a really nice street with lots of bars and restaurants. It is called the 'witte de withstraat' The shop there is called witte de with and it also has a large selection.

Sky high on the 'Nieuwe binnenweg' also has some great hash. On the other side of the street is Pluto it is a bit more expensive but got great products

edit:
If you visit Rotterdam I suggest the following route:
Start at "de stichting" near blijdorp subway station. From there take the subway to Leuvenhaven. Get on the waterbus (ferry) and go to "Heijplaat". It is a nice route thru a part of the harbour and it gets you to this "beach" https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heijplaat#/media/File:Heijplaat_beach.jpg

you'll enjoy some nice weed and see a different part of the city.

Last edited:

VaporsVaporizer

On the Stoop
Everybody has their favorite CS for different reasons. You've been given some good spots to check out. I go to A'dam once or twice a year and my favorite has always been Amnesia. I'm going again for a week in Aug :D. You can do some preliminary menu shopping here http://www.coffeeshopmenus.org/CoffeeshopMenus.htm It's certainly not updated the way it used to be years ago, but you'll get some idea of what stains are in town .

Someone else was asking about taking a vape. I do it all the time because i want my own. I'd never take one through Bangkok , but i have taken my Crafty several times-cleaned well and with a new top. I just throw the top out for the return flight lol. I've also taken new Flowermates, and usually just gift them to someone. I've never been searched , but you never know ..

I'll second Puccini Bombini:tup:

throwawaytre3s

While I haven't been to amsterdam, I hear that the Gray Area is a good shop, I have no clue as to their prices though. I just heard about them through the grapevine from a friend of mine.

throwawaytre3s,

MinnBobber

Boerejongens - Just a stone throw away from Rembrandtplein, they got a unique ancient pharmacy interieur, always reliable weed and maybe towns best new school hashish with their block products, AM block and super lemon haze block i.e. are only around 10 euros per gram and really stand out in strength and taste.
@horst, thanks for the heads up on this. Are they the "sister shop" to Boerejongens West?? You're talking about Boerejongens Centre? Do they have the same menu? Super Lemon Haze is my favorite bud of all time and I haven't had hash since about 1980 so very anxious to see how my fav flower vapes as SLH block !!!!!! And this shop has room to chill in the antique pharmacy interior?? Sounds very intriguing.

We will be in AMS far SW (Oude West?) the last week in May and will definitely report back. With a good chunk of time in De Pijp.
Is there such a thing as Red Lebanese Hash these days---that was probably my favorite.
Soon....................

MinnBobber,

MGG

Everybody has their favorite CS for different reasons. You've been given some good spots to check out. I go to A'dam once or twice a year and my favorite has always been Amnesia. I'm going again for a week in Aug :D. You can do some preliminary menu shopping here http://www.coffeeshopmenus.org/CoffeeshopMenus.htm It's certainly not updated the way it used to be years ago, but you'll get some idea of what stains are in town .

Someone else was asking about taking a vape. I do it all the time because i want my own. I'd never take one through Bangkok , but i have taken my Crafty several times-cleaned well and with a new top. I just throw the top out for the return flight lol. I've also taken new Flowermates, and usually just gift them to someone. I've never been searched , but you never know ..

I'll second Puccini Bombini:tup:

Thanks everyone for your replies, and I encourage you all to keep them coming, why do you feel you'd never take a vaporizer through bangkok? I'm just stopping off for 2 hours and not leaving the airport so I feel like it'd be okay to bring a fully cleaned Mighty through? I feel like this is a super grey-area and am struggling to find much information that specifically claims it's okay one way or another, i'm considering contacting the flight company and asking if it will be an issue to carry a 'E-cig Vaporizer for Tobacco' ??

While I haven't been to amsterdam, I hear that the Gray Area is a good shop, I have no clue as to their prices though. I just heard about them through the grapevine from a friend of mine.

My experience with Grey Area was mixed, I liked how it was kind of this hole in the wall that had this 'dealers basement' aesthetic, they also has a nice line-up of glass compared to other places, including a Hitman piece (which they didn't let me use) my main issue is that the place is small as shit, the lines are long as hell, and the product i got was probably some of the worst out of my whole trip. I don't even know why I bought it, it was some overpriced bubble hash that was dry, black and not even 1/4 close to being any kind of full melt. I think I felt like I had to buy something after waiting in line for like 30 minutes. The guys at the counter seemed nice and I know it's a popular spot, but for me there's just better places to go in the Dam.

So after everyone's advice I have created a pretty epic map that I thought i'd share with others if they ever decide to check out Amsterdam. This map is comprised of users recommendations, locals recommendations, my own recommendations from personal experience in Amsterdam, I've marked most of the main coffee-shops with a coffee cup symbol, and coffee-shops i'm really interested in checking out with a weed leaf symbol. (this map excludes amnesia but I've added it to my own personal map, for some reason I was under the impression Amnesia had shut down)
sEX277k.jpg

Unfortunately this image is pretty useless because there's no way of differentiating one symbol from another, so i've put together a download link of .kml and .kmz files of the google map (This includes my entire trip and honestly, the rest is still a work in progress and a lot of it's specifically catered to my own interests, but feel free to check out the whole thing, or just Amsterdam, or none of it haha :p)

(UPDATED TO JUST CONTAIN AMSTERDAM AND ROTTERDAM MAP INFO)
DOWNLOAD LINK : http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=56487924706710247972
MIRROR 1 : http://www.filedropper.com/amsterdammapofficial
MIRROR 2 : http://www.megafileupload.com/6y65/AMSTERDAM_MAP_OFFICIAL.zip

P.S : Some of you might be wondering what the 'ton ton club' is, and imo it's the most awesome thing i've found in the dam. There's 2, one in the city center (that's smaller) and one larger one out west.

Ton Ton Club is the combination of arcade gaming and beer, here's a couple things to note about it :
- good burgers - lots of beers - loads of imported cabinets - heaps of pinball machine - sound proof room dedicated to dance dance revolution - 3d ping pong - virtual reality room - super nintendo - NES - n64 - AND MORE :love:

Last edited:

VaporsVaporizer

On the Stoop
Thanks everyone for your replies, and I encourage you all to keep them coming, why do you feel you'd never take a vaporizer through bangkok? I'm just stopping off for 2 hours and not leaving the airport so I feel like it'd be okay to bring a fully cleaned Mighty through? I feel like this is a super grey-area and am struggling to find much information that specifically claims it's okay one way or another, i'm considering contacting the flight company and asking if it will be an issue to carry a 'E-cig Vaporizer for Tobacco' ??

Well, i'd probably never take one through Bangkok because their laws are much stricter over there , just my opinion. I'm sure many people do take them through without problems.

Amnesia is alive and well, so you can add it to your map :tup:

Top Bottom