Am i immune to edibles?

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
It is suggested that the difference in effects between cannabis strains is due to the combinations of different terpenes. Many terpenes slough off at lower temps, so there are fewer terpenes with concentrates that utilize heat in its processing.

howie105

I've made every edible it seems, in different ways..and I just seem not to get the high everyone else talks about. I recently bought an ardent nova lift..I get the slightest buzz, but I want to get comatose high and it just won't seem to work.. Does anyone else have this problem?
Eatables just don't work well for me in doses that work for others. So I have come to the position that it's at least in part individual sensitivity.

Last edited:

shredder

What does this mean, if you don’t mind explaining.

Sure, like @macbill said terpenes make for varietal differences, and i found herb in capsules preserve more terpenes and likely more other compounds than the more refined concentrates.

But you can add food grade terpenes to edibles. Sometimes i add at 1/12 of a drop per edible. So tiny amounts. (5 drops for 60 doses)

I do believe they add something. How much is debatable. My favorite so far has been limonene, or a sativa blend terpene.

Other terpenes ive tried like skittles, and some indica terpenes i dont remember any more didnt seem to make a difference.

Along these lines I have a friend that adds tumeric to his homemade capsules for the medical effects.

Last edited:

iDRINKBLEACH

knowing is half the power - Gi-JOE
Accessory Maker
I too have found my tolerance towards edibles is rather high. I have been playing with alternate cannabinoids with edibles to try and nail my ideal edible. THC-O got me good at 600 mg, d8 I did 2500-2700 mg and had a pretty rough experience my tolerance was a lot lower back then, HHC my last time was 2000 mg and I didn’t get much effects but I think my tolerance is out of whack right now from nightly edibles so I’m currently on an edible break. I mixed 60% thc-o 30% HHC and 10% d8 800 mg of cannabinoids *thc-o 3x stronger than d9, hhc is 80% potentcy, and d8 is only half* I enjoyed the intense thc-o with the mellow clear hhc buzz and just a hint of d8 to help put me to bed on the downwind.

GoldenBud

I've made every edible it seems, in different ways..and I just seem not to get the high everyone else talks about. I recently bought an ardent nova lift..I get the slightest buzz, but I want to get comatose high and it just won't seem to work.. Does anyone else have this problem?
are you a very thin guy? i think there's a connection between how thin you are or fat, for the thc to stick well before it goes to the liver, still reading about it, but all my friends which can't feel the edibles are really thin...

or.... another option maybe is that you don't eat fat along with the edible you consume? the belly should contain some amount of fat with the thc so it can digest better etc'

Cannabiker

Having said that, I agree that what else your ingesting with the cannabis, in whatever form, has a big effect on the buzz. The biggies being caffeine and sugar.
Yes, weed and caffeine, the hippie speedball.

On topic, I also find edibles ineffective, but that's my response to THC in general. I have a massive tolerance. I'm always amused when someone warns me, "careful--that's two-hit weed" or some such caution. With really dense vapor I can experience brief euphoria, a quick green-out, then it's back to my regular mellow. This isn't a complaint; I like my baseline to be full saturation.

I will eat it if I need to go a long period without vaping, just to keep from getting bored, but I have to consciously remain active, or it tends to make me sleepy, which isn't a problem with vaping.

shredder

I think some of the varience in effects we see could be to how we decarb our gear.

I believe i used to over decarb and got more sedating effects, even from sativas.

When i started using my nova fx my edibles also changed. (For the better)

Top Bottom