Alternative vape to the Grasshopper?

CapitalFlower

Hi all,

My Grasshopper just broke after 5 years of use. I've been out of the market a long time now. When i first bought the GH, it was the only pen-style dry herb vape available.

Are there any alternatives out there now? What I am after is:

- On-the-go style vaping, e.g. Turn it on, quick heat up, toke, turn it off. Not a session vape where it takes 5 mins to heat up and you have to finish the bowl in one sitting.

- Small inconspicuous form factor

- Pure convection

- Removable battery

- Low maintenence/easy to clean

The GH had all of these qualities and I would buy another one if it wasn't for the reliability issues. Thanks for any advice!

CapitalFlower,
Reactions: RobbIt

LesPlenty

Company Rep
The only thing close is a Xmax V3 Pro or another IO GH,

CapitalFlower

Thanks for the advice. I had a look at the x-max, it looks very similar to the Pinnacle Pro & Storm vapes that I've owned previously. Problem was the the mouthpiece would always detach too easily, and it looks like the X-max could suffer with that same issue

CapitalFlower,
Reactions: LesPlenty

LesPlenty

Company Rep
always detach too easily
This may happen if you carry it loaded in your jeans pocket or overload it (no problem in my jacket).
The makers are supposed to be bringing out a silicon top cover to keep in smell and stop the CU from coming off while not being used.
They were quick to bring out a glass WPA and mouthpiece after it was asked for so it will probably happen but until then some are using the silicon WPA plugged for this use.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Thanks for the advice. I had a look at the x-max, it looks very similar to the Pinnacle Pro & Storm vapes that I've owned previously. Problem was the the mouthpiece would always detach too easily, and it looks like the X-max could suffer with that same issue

People are using rubber band to keep the mouthpiece on and cover holes if they want, and yeah Xmax may release more accessories... You could also look at the vivant vleafgo however it is more limited than the v3pro imo with only three settings that don't have good temp control if feels more manual, smaller bowl, less versatile, and I think the cap mouthpiece is even worse...

Otherwise yeah tinymight is awesome if you can abandon the hopes of it being tiny like a pen, so much more versatile and satisfying than the GH for me, much more useful, glass stem-based means the chamber and vapor path is fully removable and cleanable, swappable with many other options as well (Great with WPA through Glass J hooks at home)

These are kind of your only options unless you want to mess with a mod-based vape, like Splinter, iHeat, Dreamwood Glow, StemPod, Shammer, cosmic extractor...

TetraP80 not easy to score but it's there too lol

Oh and what about this:

fogbank

I am replacing my Hoppers with the V3Pro. It can be used for on-the-go style vaping in on-demand mode. Unlike the Hopper the V3Pro requires some priming (cigar puffs) to get it going, and it can take 15 seconds to come up to max temp, so your on-the-go session may take a little longer. The form factor is relatively small but not inconspicuous. No one will be fooled by the look of the V3Pro. It is pure convection. It uses a removeable 18650 battery (yeah!). It is very easy to clean and maintain.

I wouldn't say that the V3Pro experience is identical to the Hopper experience. They require different techniques (draw speed, priming, etc...). But I have found that I am now more satisfied with my V3Pros than my Hoppers.

Zipford

I am another fan of the V3 Pro if you really want a pen type shape. But for carrying around, I think it is kind of tall to be comfortable and secure (and with the glass mouthpiece, it is even taller). For ease of carrying I like the Fury Edge, but it doesn't have a removable battery and isn't really 100% convection. But it ticks your other needs, so if portability is a big issue, I might give that a look too.

Choices

It isn’t convection but a couple Dynavap M thermal extraction devices and a Brute IH is a great combo for out and about!

Choices,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I think this is going to be a great alternative option if you don't mind having a separate mod with software to set up for temp control:

All metal body, you load into the body, but it is a shorter wider chamber, fully removable and cleanable everything, also built in place for cooling beads in the mouthpiece with glass stem and standard 14 mm connection...

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: GoldenBud

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
The V3 Pro is the most affordable portable available that's truly convection heating with adequate cooling from a ceramic insert in the mouthpiece. Both the mouthpiece and the stainless chamber will get dirty and need cleaning.

The V3 heater is not nearly as powerful as the Tinymight so if speedy extraction is important to you the TM is the way to go. The Tinymight is also easier to clean, especially if you use it with a j-hook at home and save the stainless steel cooling unit for pocket carry.

If I had to grab a portable for vaping out I'd always choose the TM except in use cases where I'd worry about losing or breaking it.
PXL_20211222_203256883~2.jpg

SquirrelMaster

My vote is for the Tinymight, it checks all your boxes. With the short stem it's pretty stealthy but you have lots of options that are easy to switch up.

SquirrelMaster,
Reactions: Grass Yes

Mr. Me2

2 you should also consider; the Tafee Bowle and anything from @Dan Morrison .

The TB is inconspicuous in its design but not nearly as stealthy as the gh. But MUCH tastier than the gh. Super fast heat up and easy to use.

Dan is presently making the Nomad II and the Toad. Both are pieces of functional art and meet all your needs. The only possible downside for you is the wait, since each is handmade. These are just UNBELIEVABLE!!!

vsa2001

Dynavap is better. Just then you need a lighter. But that's easier than always having to charge a battery....

Personally, I rely on the Crafty, despite the longer heat up time. It just gives reliable, smooth, easy draw hits. But you'll be knocked on your ass.

vsa2001,
Top Bottom