Alpine 2021 Issues

Mowjo

Just got it today and check this out!

Got a PM from some random dude telling me to open it and do this and that to get it to work while Source Vapes has no estimate turnaround for the item since they require you to send it they check it out and repair/replace it.

So far its a yikes from me. Should have heeded the warnings.

They're probably fairly busy as it seems their support is still actively replying to emails. Not a huge confidence builder. At least I have a label to ship it back for a repair/replacement.

Notes: Cross grain scratches on the wood, rubber cover is sticking on on sides, light scratches on the body, and no instructions/link to manual.

Last edited:

Mowjo

Update from source.
Sounds like the power from the board to the pcba is likely experiencing one wire that didn’t stick when soldered. So that will be fixable buuuut if you are noticing any type of cosmetics there’s a likely chance we will just send a new one.

Side note: pass through works but is not recommended for prolong use as it’s not doing your battery any favors long term

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Just got it today and check this out!

Got a PM from some random dude telling me to open it and do this and that to get it to work while Source Vapes has no estimate turnaround for the item since they require you to send it they check it out and repair/replace it.

So far its a yikes from me. Should have heeded the warnings.

They're probably fairly busy as it seems their support is still actively replying to emails. Not a huge confidence builder. At least I have a label to ship it back for a repair/replacement.

Notes: Cross grain scratches on the wood, rubber cover is sticking on on sides, light scratches on the body, and no instructions/link to manual.
What are the lights on the charger doing when plugged in, green, flashing red and green, anything....?

I was at the PO at 8:15 this morning to send mine back.... and now the wait...

(I'm still not happy about the product packaging, let alone obvious QC issues, even if it gets shipped with better packaging protecting it... and quite honestly, if anything fails on the next unit, it's travel to Source from China (or wherever...?) will always be questioned...)

Last edited:
Top Bottom