Alpine 2020/2021 - Induction Heater

TommyDee

Vaporitor
:whip: I was hoping that was the case. Looks like mine will be out for delivery tomorrow after all. It has been scanned within the vicinity! Now we're talking :wave:

...and if you missed the reference; recheck your USPS tracking. This is two days earlier than expected.

fatbiker

Well, I received my shipping notice over the weekend. Tracking states it will be here Wednesday. However, it is in town and should be updated for delivery tomorrow. Fingers crossed :)

Now that it is about to be delivered I'm curious about the performance of these units. I am a bit concerned about being a buyer of the first production run. I am anticipating potential issues. Hopefully they stand behind the product if we encounter any issues.

I look forward to user feedback. If you receive yours today please share your thoughts.

acstorfer

Take My Money Dammit!
Well, I received my shipping notice over the weekend. Tracking states it will be here Wednesday. However, it is in town and should be updated for delivery tomorrow. Fingers crossed :)

Now that it is about to be delivered I'm curious about the performance of these units. I am a bit concerned about being a buyer of the first production run. I am anticipating potential issues. Hopefully they stand behind the product if we encounter any issues.

I look forward to user feedback. If you receive yours today please share your thoughts.
I’m pretty hopeful. They have been getting good reviews on Reddit.

acstorfer,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

doubledown

Mine arrived today. The wood top is not attached and the engraving is only part of the image I sent. I started a chat to see what they will do. The warranty link said I’m not in their system even though my order shows up?? Chat is saying I will get a reply within several hours? Well, here we go.

doubledown,

TommyDee

Vaporitor
What? @acstorfer - those tracking scanners work immediately. What is tracking telling you? Would it fit in the box? Did they leave the 'pink slip'? In out neck of the woods, it means a neighbor will be bringing it by later from a miss-direct.

@doubledown - sorry for the let-down. Today will be a big day for them.

Last edited:

acstorfer

Take My Money Dammit!
What? @acstorfer - those tracking scanners work immediately. What is tracking telling you? Would it fit in the box? Did they leave the 'pink slip'? In out neck of the woods, it means a neighbor will be bringing it by later from a miss-direct.

@doubledown - sorry for the let-down. Today will be a big day for them.
Tells me it was delivered. This has happened before unfortunately. Maybe he left it on the truck. Maybe it’s in another box. Like I said, this stuff happened before, but I’ve always gotten my stuff.

acstorfer,

LabPong

I cant believe with all the space on the outter packaging piece....they could not use a font larger than -20.......lol So much space....and they could of at least put basic charging indications there as well......not sure when it is fully charged as I put it on charge at maybe 60% full and when I came back 2 hours later...the light was still blue on the charger......full? 🤔

Quick observation as it came out of its box onto my granite counter.........no feet of any kind....just the flat metal case.......😒

EDIT....upon further actual use....the 3 green lights are level indicators but will only show actual levels when heater is started by pushing down the activator switch with your vapcap.

Last edited:

babaganush

Havent received mine yet but Im wondering if this IH needs to be fully charged and then fully discharged 2-3 times to "condition" the lithium battery and achieve its full performance? I know its advised to do that with the Portside Mini and that also uses a lithium battery.

babaganush,

TommyDee

Vaporitor
And we have a winner! First image. <envy> I'm here hounding the windows waiting for the mail truck LOL

---------------------------------------------------------

It's here! It's Small!

20200706_150414.jpg

It's here in one piece no less!

20200706_150844.jpg

1) wrong magnet 2) 12V supply? 3) more packing needed; box ding 4) off-center pin in the charge port; works

a) perfect heating b) blazing red lights c) beautiful case d) nicely implemented battery indicator

This one passed the DOA test with a few questions but overall, '8.5 - impressive' first impression score.

Magnet fix #1

20200706_160631.jpg

I miss the manual mode button already :D

Parting shot

20200706_150736.jpg

Last edited:

InvisiKat

Hey guys I’m new here but I got my alpine today. From Reddit it sounds like they all have either the wrong magnet or the magnet is upside down. Mine works perfectly. I think in future designs it would make sense to have the magnet further away from the glass tube.

InvisiKat,

doubledown

Just wanted to report that the manufacturer contacted me on Reddit and has setup an RMA for me to get an exchange. Understanding that there are often early growing pains, hopefully nothing but a good experience from here going forward. Overall the units do look and feel nice, and the size is a definite plus in my book.

fatbiker

Well, initial impressions are positive. As mentioned by others the size is surprisingly small. This thing is super portable. I really look forward to seeing how well it holds up after a few months of on-the-go activity. The battery indicator is a bit confusing. One green, two yellow, and one red light? Also, when charging the device provides no indication of charging progress. The charger itself has a small blue light on it that lights up. If anyone has any info on the battery indicator lights it would be much appreciated.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Set and forget. It doesn't take long to put 1000mah back. The charger is 2 amps. In theory, it can fully charge in a 1/2 hour. Not sure where the charge current limit is. It charged right at 1/2 amp when I got it. Took maybe 20 minutes to peek the charger at equilibrium.

@fatbiker - you must have made the investment. Is that a second unit in the FS section?

Looking at my charge LEDs, so far I can only say this, there are 3 green LEDs and a red one.
I left the Alpine turned off. I have a charger at 12.5v on a current and volt meter. When first plugged in, it drew 1/2 amp reducing toward zero.
With the cell almost at capacity, all 3 green lights are on. When firing, the voltage drops to 11.75V and the 3rd green light turns off. 2 green lights while firing.
I will post up the benchmarks as I collect them. I'll be testing the longevity of the battery pack tomorrow. Should be right at a day's worth.

Last edited:

fatbiker

Set and forget. It doesn't take long to put 1000mah back. The charger is 2 amps. In theory, it can fully charge in a 1/2 hour. Not sure where the charge current limit is. It charged right at 1/2 amp when I got it. Took maybe 20 minutes to peek the charger at equilibrium.

@fatbiker - you must have made the investment. Is that a second unit in the FS section?

Looking at my charge LEDs, so far I can only say this, there are 3 green LEDs and a red one.
I left the Alpine turned off. I have a charger at 12.5v on a current and volt meter. When first plugged in, it drew 1/2 amp reducing toward zero.
With the cell almost at capacity, all 3 green lights are on. When firing, the voltage drops to 11.75V and the 3rd green light turns off. 2 green lights while firing.
I will post up the benchmarks as I collect them. I'll be testing the longevity of the battery pack tomorrow. Should be right at a day's worth.

Yes, I ordered two with expectations a friend was going to buy the other. He since sold his Dynavap so I have an extra heater.

Top Bottom