Alpine 2020/2021 - Induction Heater

shatter-reality

I wanted it to use as a FW7 stem but this stupid shit thing has the carb down near the tip. It cools well but I suppose any piece of ChinaGlass like this will cool well. What a rip.

VapeEscapist

Medicine Buddha
When they offered the free stem I also got a coupon for half off so I ordered an extra straight stem and 1 viper stem.

The viper stem came and was exactly as advertised.

These 2 stems are not at all as depicted in their description. They are basically useless to me.

Is there some simple way to file a class action suit?? :doh:

Last edited:
VapeEscapist,

VapeEscapist

Medicine Buddha
Received what was supposed to be a replacement for the Alpine I have with the faulty red timing light.

It is obviously used with scratches on one side and scratches on the magnet.

The white battery lights were misaligned so I opened the case and there was a huge amount of what looks like hot glue on the chip board.

I aligned the lights a little better but the glue is preventing them from seating fully. I also cut away the 2 pieces of glue you see sticking up in the pic with a razor.

They didn't send return postage so I guess I'm keeping both heaters. I was considering sending them back the 2 garbage cooling stems instead to prove a point but since I have no return postage they can go take a long walk out into the Nevada desert for all I care.

After all their scamming, I'm glad I could make them "pay".

My business with Source is officially concluded.

Mono Loco

Apparently, the open orders from the last run of Pre-Ordered Alpine 2021 are the final production run - it's being discontinued in favor of a new (3) x 18650 w/ USB-C and IR activation. Interesting. It will be called the Ranger! Hmmm ... Click Here to See it

Mono Loco,
Reactions: Bologna
Oh man I wish I had seen this thread back in March. Ordered an Alpine batch 2 and was told it was in stock. They said they shipped it but the tracking number said it was just a label and nothing was ever shipped. They said they'd send me a batch 4 (even though batch 3 was currently shipping). A few weeks ago I said fuck it, ship it or refund me. They said I can get store credit (lmao), get put on their list for a new induction heater (fool me once...), or get a refund to my PayPal (I paid with credit card). I went for the refund and it's been two weeks and nothing has been refunded. Messaged them a few times and was told they'd contact their accounting department (I find this laughable as the entire operation can't possibly consist of more than a dozen people).

I will be contacting my credit card company to start the charge back process today.

Paid for this item 6 months ago, got nothing but excuses, and now they won't give my money back.

floribud

I wanted it to use as a FW7 stem but this stupid shit thing has the carb down near the tip. It cools well but I suppose any piece of ChinaGlass like this will cool well. What a rip.
I'm using that cooling stem in my FW7 right now. I usually wrap my hand around the FW7 hitting the button with my 2nd finger and covering the carb with my thumb. Might not work with if you have little Trump style hands.

Anyway I like my Alpine 2021. I had the 2020 and it was fine, but I managed to sell it for $85(to someone who just didn't want to wait) and buy the 2021 for $75.

My first 2021 was broken (flashing red light), but the replacement has been great, but as much as I like it, I'll probable sell it now while it has some value and get the Ranger. I'm pretty excited about the adjustable wattage and removable batteries. I like the low temp of the 2021/2020. Lots of people seem to complain about smaller clouds but it's a great "session" heater, for kicking back and really enjoying the flavor of good herb. I do however keep my "HotShot" around for when I just want to finish a bowl in 3 cycles.

Last edited:
floribud,

Brettd

I was one of the ones who fell for their pre-order deal and aesthetics. my heater worked for a good while- more than a year - I must have been lucky.

Now however it isn't holding charge. It indicates that it is fully charged but turns off after trying to heat. I am thinking the battery is screwed after a year of heating cycles. I have taken it apart but can't find a replacement battery that is the same dimensions :-/ ... anyone know where I can get a battery from ?

Brettd,
  • Wow
Reactions: BigJr48
Top Bottom