All metal WP/bong adapters?

Nahojii

Do anyone know of any all metal adapters?
Preferably Ti or SS, but I guess Alu is fine as well.
Looking for 18/14mm, 14/10mm & 14/18mm.

Nahojii,

badbee

I tested out my google fu to see what I could find, only found a few old and out of stock listings of metal adapters. Doesn't look like there is much market for these, most folk want all glass.

badbee,
Reactions: Nahojii

Nahojii

I tested out my google fu to see what I could find, only found a few old and out of stock listings of metal adapters. Doesn't look like there is much market for these, most folk want all glass.
I've found a few. But like you say most are discontinued or hard to get. 18/14 is easy to find in Alu. Not SS or Ti. But I haven't been able to find ANY metal 14/10 adapters.

I always break my glass stuff... so I like to always have at least one of each essential item in some kind of metal :p

Nahojii,

badbee

Understood, fear of broken glass trumps fear of metal in air path :)

I dropped an expensive Elev8R cooling stem for my Splinter Z not long after getting it. I wanted to cry, or hit myself...

badbee,
Reactions: Nahojii

Nahojii

Understood, fear of broken glass trumps fear of metal in air path :)

I dropped an expensive Elev8R cooling stem for my Splinter Z not long after getting it. I wanted to cry, or hit myself...
Well yeah. Both SS and Ti is not more dangerous than Glass in the airpath... Alu is debatable... I don't think it should be an issue, but I prefer SS or Ti for this reason...

Well.. I've almost done the same. A RooR downstem on day one of a new bong in my early days of combusting (yes I was a sinner)... Couldn't use my bong for weeks waiting for a replacement. I live in EU (Sweden) and I couldn't just go to a local shop to buy one... nor was it easy to order from even a national store back then. That might have been the start of my "backup mentality" :p hehe

Nahojii,

howie105

I've found a few. But like you say most are discontinued or hard to get. 18/14 is easy to find in Alu. Not SS or Ti. But I haven't been able to find ANY metal 14/10 adapters.

I always break my glass stuff... so I like to always have at least one of each essential item in some kind of metal :p
What is your take on silicone?

howie105,

Nahojii

What is your take on silicone?
I don't dislike it - but it feels cheap and tend to get dry and crack with time (10-25 years). I always try to "buy for life" if possible :)

I've had some silicone "weed-related" stuff over the years, but the only thing I sill use are small silicone containers for concentrate and a tiny heat ring for a titanium bowl that I don't use myself anymore, but I have a few friends that still combust and "are not there yet" to be turned away from the "dark side".

I think it goes back to the feeling of "cheap"... And that it feels like rubber in hand.

Last edited:
Nahojii,

howie105

I don't dislike it - but it feels cheap and tend to get dry and crack with time (10-25 years). I always try to "buy for life" if possible :)

I've had some silicone "weed-related" stuff over the years, but the only thing I sill use are small silicone containers for concentrate and a tiny heat ring for a titanium bowl that I don't use myself anymore, but I have a few friends that still combust and "are not there yet" to be turned away from the "dark side".

I think it goes back to the feeling of "cheap"... And that it feels like rubber in hand.
Got you, good luck with your search.

howie105,
Top Bottom