Airvape Xs Go

Manity

I thought there going to be $99. Wasn't the $50 deal just for the small pre-release they did?

@LabPong
Yes that was a pre release price on Valentine's Day.

Sounds like a removeable OEM battery in 800MAh

@Ramahs The battery isn't removable. Personally that isn't an issue as this unit is more for a micro dose unit but the oven is larger. Battery recharges in under 45 min

Manity,

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
@Ramahs The battery isn't removable. Personally that isn't an issue as this unit is more for a micro dose unit but the oven is larger. Battery recharges in under 45 min

You're right, @Manity. I had been going off what @LabPong said here:
There website clearly states.... "800 mAH Removable Battery"

I just looked at the website myself, and it doesn't say that. It says it has a 1200mAh battery, and doesn't say removable.

My bad :doh:

Ramahs,

LabPong

Yea....they changed the battery capacity then I think. It was listed on their site as 800mah when they put info up back a few months ago.

LabPong,
Reactions: Ramahs

LabPong

Ordered a XS Go yesterday. They are listed at $69....and I found a coupon online for 10% off. So I got it for $62 and they offer free shipping.

Time to move thread to "current".

LabPong,
Reactions: Rasputin

LabPong

Mine will be here Friday...so I will be testing it this weekend and let you all know my first opinions.

LabPong,
Reactions: Ramahs

gangababa

OK, so a month has past without report
The GO must be good is my retort

Seems we've all forgotten to check-in
This vape's soft to touch, quite feminine

That which I had planned to say
is that Airvapes GO is OK

Ordered online, mine arrived yesterday
Delivered after but three hours delay

Now a mere 24 hours later the medicine chest is one gram lighter
Burned off and charged and packed and puffed
The mouth piece gets too hot, but GO shows its stuff

gangababa,

LabPong

I would suggest that Air Vape try making the xs go a $100 vape....not a $69 vape.

You get exactly what you pay for here.

LabPong,

gangababa

Both of my five-year old vapes, the Ascent and the Arizer Solo, have failing batteries.
As I now live in Uruguay and customs' duties here are high, I won't be shipping the Ascent for service nor ordering replacement Solo batteries.

However, what is a stranger in a strange land without the local language, and no vape, to do?
An internet search revealed a nearby seller (DaVinci is one of their products) and my online order was delivered a mere three hours latter. I paid COD at my front door.

The 3990 pesos cost works out to be about $115 US (customs duty is 60%).
Did I perhaps get a better vape than the the $69 list price suggests?
I would like to have a second mouth piece to swap out when the one becomes too hot.

The load size of the Solo stem and the GO 'bowl' are the same. I measured by loading a stem then emptying it and transferring the cannabis to the GO. The preset temperatures are not too far off those of the (Solo); F 355 (374), 375 (383), 390 (392), 405 (401), 420 (410)

As it has been asked, this unit does not have an easily replaceable battery. The bottom cover of the unit is fastened with two very tiny TORX screws so it is likely that the battery can be exposed. I suspect that it is soldered into place.

I would suggest that Air Vape try making the xs go a $100 vape....not a $69 vape.

You get exactly what you pay for here.

gangababa,

gangababa

The thrill is gone
Seems I alone carry on
40 days and 40 silent nights have passed
Wandering in the wilderness of unloved vaporizadores
Well, I will say, "Me gusta esta que se llama "GO"

The GO works fine wandering the cities' sidewalks
Still I am glad, my tastier SOLO soldiers on

hi_there

This is my fourth AirVape and I don't think there is a better value out there. All perform well including this little honey. Very sleek and portable it is the perfect bedtime hitter for me.

hi_there,
Reactions: Manity

gangababa

Someone had to do it, so I have. I opened up my Airvape XS GO.
I was able to remove (and replace) the tiny Torx screws, using my small Philips screwdriver
purchased for removing the Arizer Solo screws. The screws are seen by the vape stir tool.
7e5c2441-3ae4-4837-8d9f-bf0f2cfe203d-original.jpg

The back half separates from the rest. There are seven tabs that need to be released.
Pressing inward on the bottom half sides and working one side first seemed to be the key.
Be careful; I did damage the bottom end tab. The round black circles you see are foam pads.
1ce648e5-07c2-4e13-ba7c-b832597c9703-original.jpg

The wiring is soldered to the battery pack consisting of two batteries.
72afd29d-95fd-4ab5-9b26-bb5064574945-original.jpg

921e0de4-75bf-4e25-91ae-d8a55b4b3fae-original.jpg

I did not figure out how the circuit board is held in place and did not try to remove it.
It is not loose enough to press out with the on/off button.
The bowl trim and bowl are mated with a rubber gasket between them.
There is a metal ring inside the bowl trim (looks white in photo).
c90b4c77-487a-4de2-bd75-2f9fcb63814f-original.jpg

f56d9be1-e5e4-4b7c-8703-97dcc03a1d1c-original.jpg

The front air vent can be seen here. I had cleaned the very blackened bowl this morning
using my DaVinci Ascent procedure (post here but pictures are gone).
However, I suspect that ISO discolored some plastic as seen in pictures. BTW, the Ascent pick
will fit into the GO. It is a bit thicker, but not as wide as the GO pick.

fcee6555-c458-4998-acbc-bcb8f0a8a5b6-original.jpg

c71db683-dc7f-4370-afaf-0026fa50a8fc-original.jpg

Skyscraper

I've been eyeing this vape for a few weeks now.. How do the internals and air path look to someone who knows about that stuff?

Skyscraper,

wisausnk

The pictures suggest you suck air thru all internals even the battery so this really can't be good for you.

wisausnk,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
I agree this doesn't look well made, reminds me the Titan1 internals... thank you for posting @gangababa , very informative post!

gangababa

Look carefully at the pictures:

The plastic body shells have two chambers.
Both body parts have half shelves that meet, creating an upper chamber surrounding the bowl. The intake screen is in this chamber. Airvape promotes this design as an air preheating chamber.
The lower chamber has the battery and circuit board and no air intake.
However, there is a cut out in the shelf through which the heater wires pass.

As to air path, the air we breathe in, is filled with everyone else's exhales and farts.

wisausnk

Sure it is but our exhale and farts are not made with chemicals and other bad stuff. But thx man for the teardown. Its always funny to see what ppl are willing to do to save a few bucks.

The thing I dislike most from vapes like this is that 90% of the budget goes into marketing and 10% into building and rnd, and ppl that don't know better buy this stuff. But there is a market for everything so no offense just my 2 cents.

Last edited:

gangababa

I share here a picture of my traveling bindle.
I have long had this small Eagle Creek bag and find that it holds the XS-GO snuggly, keeping the mouthpiece in place. IT also carries a Tic-Tac tin (plastic) of ground herb.
The bag has a belt loop on the back side and a snap-hook for hanging (partially seen at right of picture).
A small pocket (with velcro) holds the short USB charging cable.
The one leg of a wooden spring clothes-pin is a useful tool for filling the bowl and also for pressing down hot Davinci Ascent glass bowls.

The bag will also work for the Airistech Herbva X vape that will be delivered day after tomorrow.
(My choices are limited here in Uruguay)

Btw, the Ascent pick can replace the GO pick as it will fit; it is a bit thicker and narrower.

Some other observations: the GO seems to work nicely as a micro dose tool. Select the highest temp and finish a pinch in two pulls.
I also find that, when using the same flower and measure in my Solo and in the GO, the GO hits me harder.
While my Solo stem collects honey-oil and my Ascent collects resin stickiness, the GO seems to stay cleaner, apparently sending all that gooey goodness directly to my lungs.
attachment.php

gangababa,

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
our exhale and farts are not made with chemicals

Sure they are. Everything is made of chemicals.

For example:
chemfruit.jpg

I share here a picture of my traveling bindle.
I have long had this small Eagle Creek bag and find that it holds the XS-GO snuggly, keeping the mouthpiece in place. IT also carries a Tic-Tac tin (plastic) of ground herb.
The bag has a belt loop on the back side and a snap-hook for hanging (partially seen at right of picture).
A small pocket (with velcro) holds the short USB charging cable.
The one leg of a wooden spring clothes-pin is a useful tool for filling the bowl and also for pressing down hot Davinci Ascent glass bowls.

The bag will also work for the Airistech Herbva X vape that will be delivered day after tomorrow.
(My choices are limited here in Uruguay)

Btw, the Ascent pick can replace the GO pick as it will fit; it is a bit thicker and narrower.

Some other observations: the GO seems to work nicely as a micro dose tool. Select the highest temp and finish a pinch in two pulls.
I also find that, when using the same flower and measure in my Solo and in the GO, the GO hits me harder.
While my Solo stem collects honey-oil and my Ascent collects resin stickiness, the GO seems to stay cleaner, apparently sending all that gooey goodness directly to my lungs.
attachment.php

Your image links to a "PT Cruiser Forum". Perhaps you pasted the wrong link?

Ramahs,

gangababa

"Your image links to a "PT Cruiser Forum". Perhaps you pasted the wrong link?"

Damn
My bad, I tried to use an alternate ego to host the pic.
So sorry, no picture.
Simple picture a small black cloth bag with zipper and side pouch, fortuitously perfectly sized.
Edited to add
20739-albums1128-picture7851.jpg

Last edited:
gangababa,

happynomoretobacco

Someone had to do it, so I have. I opened up my Airvape XS GO.
I was able to remove (and replace) the tiny Torx screws, using my small Philips screwdriver
purchased for removing the Arizer Solo screws. The screws are seen by the vape stir tool.
7e5c2441-3ae4-4837-8d9f-bf0f2cfe203d-original.jpg

The back half separates from the rest. There are seven tabs that need to be released.
Pressing inward on the bottom half sides and working one side first seemed to be the key.
Be careful; I did damage the bottom end tab. The round black circles you see are foam pads.
1ce648e5-07c2-4e13-ba7c-b832597c9703-original.jpg

The wiring is soldered to the battery pack consisting of two batteries.
72afd29d-95fd-4ab5-9b26-bb5064574945-original.jpg

921e0de4-75bf-4e25-91ae-d8a55b4b3fae-original.jpg

I did not figure out how the circuit board is held in place and did not try to remove it.
It is not loose enough to press out with the on/off button.
The bowl trim and bowl are mated with a rubber gasket between them.
There is a metal ring inside the bowl trim (looks white in photo).
c90b4c77-487a-4de2-bd75-2f9fcb63814f-original.jpg

f56d9be1-e5e4-4b7c-8703-97dcc03a1d1c-original.jpg

The front air vent can be seen here. I had cleaned the very blackened bowl this morning
using my DaVinci Ascent procedure (post here but pictures are gone).
However, I suspect that ISO discolored some plastic as seen in pictures. BTW, the Ascent pick
will fit into the GO. It is a bit thicker, but not as wide as the GO pick.

fcee6555-c458-4998-acbc-bcb8f0a8a5b6-original.jpg

c71db683-dc7f-4370-afaf-0026fa50a8fc-original.jpg

thx for the cleaning tip!!
it works so good - after 5 minutes my bowl was white again nearby like new. works this on every ceramic bowl?
on a other side - are the health concern about the go real? hope note because i love this little device

happynomoretobacco,
Top Bottom