• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

AirVape legacy

Okla68

You mentioned you don't like maintenance, and both versions of the Legacy really do require some maintenance. There are much easier devices out there, so I guess the Legacy wouldn't be so good for you (although if you get comfortable with the maintenance it is very rewarding). I'll answer some other questions for the record, just because I'm a fan.

Yes, there is a dedicated on-demand function, and it works well. However, for whatever reason, the Legacy seems to operate perfectly in session mode, with slightly less hassle. When you're not drawing, it's not vaporizing, so the material stays fresh, and you don't have to wait for heat-up. But some may prefer on-demand. Both are easy.

There wasn't any version 2 (except the Pro). But after the original came out people started modifying it in all sorts of ways to work better, and that led to them distributing an extra part that made it all work better. It was kludgy, but it worked well. It wasn't so much that the material was near the heater, but that the hot air came up in a narrow column, and that darkened some parts a lot while leaving others greenish.

AFAIK the pro is available everywhere. It improves some things over the OG, but Airvape isn't what I'd call strong on design. They have some great ideas, but from an industrial design standpoint they're rather weak. So the Pro is better in many ways, but not really a leap forward. More of a clumsy step or two. OTOH, it hits much, much harder.

The device is really perfect for a certain kind of use. Perhaps someday you'll enjoy it. Good luck.
I remember Prepaying for the "Legacy" and it being almost 6 months before I received it. I remember writing the 1st review in FC about it. (I was Kinda Famous for a couple days, till others starting receiving theirs, lol).
My Question is...the UPGRADE program they offer...is the PRO worth the $108 difference in price once the 60% exchange is figured in ??? And ALL of them can be a Pain when it comes to maintenance. Especially Convection vapes. Easiest would be the NANO, IMO !
What do you think ??

Okla68,

JohnJacobs

I remember Prepaying for the "Legacy" and it being almost 6 months before I received it. I remember writing the 1st review in FC about it. (I was Kinda Famous for a couple days, till others starting receiving theirs, lol).
My Question is...the UPGRADE program they offer...is the PRO worth the $108 difference in price once the 60% exchange is figured in ??? And ALL of them can be a Pain when it comes to maintenance. Especially Convection vapes. Easiest would be the NANO, IMO !
What do you think ??
Absolutely worth it! I just got mine in and in all honesty it rips like my TinyMight but with some nice features. I didn’t own the OG but got lucky and got the $107 deal. Now that I have it, I’d pay full price for this thing

JohnJacobs,
Reactions: Okla68

Okla68

Absolutely worth it! I just got mine in and in all honesty it rips like my TinyMight but with some nice features. I didn’t own the OG but got lucky and got the $107 deal. Now that I have it, I’d pay full price for this thing
Thats Fantastic John...thx !!!
I filled out the exchange form, waiting for their Email reply.
I hope there isn't a problem as I don't have the receipt. But, it was purchased thru Airvape. At one point they knew me by 1st name. Went thru all kinds of hoops with the Airvape X (think Ive had 4-5,lol). At one point I got the Replacement Before the return unit even left town...(I mailed Return on Friday(late), the New X was in my box Monday, go figure.(OK《》CALI)
Being Old and Broke, I'll have to wait till the 3rd for SS check to hit the account !
Again, thx for the reply !

Last edited:

JohnJacobs

Thats Fantastic John...thx !!!
I filled out the exchange form, waiting for their Email reply.
I hope there isn't a problem as I don't have the receipt. But, it was purchased thru Airvape. At one point they knew me by 1st name. Went thru all kinds of hoops with the Airvape X (think Ive had 4-5,lol). At one point I got the Replacement Before the return unit even left town...(I mailed Return on Friday(late), the New X was in my box Monday, go figure.(OK《》CALI)
Being Old and Broke, I'll have to wait till the 3rd for SS check to hit the account !
Again, thx for the reply !
For sure man! Let me know your thoughts when it arrives

JohnJacobs,

Okla68

For sure man! Let me know your thoughts when it arrives
I forgot to ask...hows about Concentrates? Will it work without clogging. Does it get Hot enough ?
I know ideally that flower goes in flower vapes and dab in dab vapes. The MV1 Ghost, the Airvape X and numerous others state you can use both. Hump....Ive had success making Flower DabFlower sandwiches, but, not so much Concentrate by itself. Not that I plan on using it for that. Just curious.

Okla68,

JohnJacobs

I forgot to ask...hows about Concentrates? Will it work without clogging. Does it get Hot enough ?
I know ideally that flower goes in flower vapes and dab in dab vapes. The MV1 Ghost, the Airvape X and numerous others state you can use both. Hump....Ive had success making Flower DabFlower sandwiches, but, not so much Concentrate by itself. Not that I plan on using it for that. Just curious.
It does indeed work with concentrates and comes with a concentrate pad. I haven’t yet tried it because my concentrate rig is a Puffco Peak Pro and I get great results with that. I will give it a try this week however and compare it to my Peak and report back!

Edit: note that it only heats up to 440 degrees, which is enough to vape concentrates. However, I personally like to vape concentrates at 482 degrees and many like to go even higher (above 500)

JohnJacobs,

Okla68

It does indeed work with concentrates and comes with a concentrate pad. I haven’t yet tried it because my concentrate rig is a Puffco Peak Pro and I get great results with that. I will give it a try this week however and compare it to my Peak and report back!

Edit: note that it only heats up to 440 degrees, which is enough to vape concentrates. However, I personally like to vape concentrates at 482 degrees and many like to go even higher (above 500)
Thank you for the reply. EXACTLY what I was wondering. I NEED a dedicated Dab rig. Yes, 440 will work, but, you're not getting it all and creating lots of Reclaim at that temp, IMO.
Now that I pulled the trigger for Another flower vape, again theres no funds for a dedicated Dab rig.
I Like my regular Legacy, but, will experience Whispy vapor at times. Guess I was wanting something closer to the Airvape X results, but, Total Convection.
I have a HVTTAF wiyh several different coils (quart bucket, Titanium Bucket, etc).

But again, these provide Cold Start hits.
Again. Thank you for your input !
Looking forward to receiving it.

Last edited:

R1ng0

I'm probably gonna open a topic for my next portable in the askFC section and the legacy is gonna be one of the models that i'm gonna put on the list, you're welcome if you wanna make your case there and defend his honor:D

P.s. i can't find the pro in europe...
I bought mine from the states direct from them the pro through the upgrade programme will let you know how it performs once it arrives :) which should be anytime now :)

R1ng0

Best vape Ive Ever used !
So far so good its got a click shut hatch and built in microdoser as long as i can get 3 scoops in i'm good fired it up 1 bowl 186 C on the cream soda and it was luvverly very mellow and no burning so far i like it just 1 last thing it is a vape that does need maintenace though it didn't need a stir it deffo needs a bush up after every bowl :)

sickmanfraud

I'm probably gonna open a topic for my next portable in the askFC section and the legacy is gonna be one of the models that i'm gonna put on the list, you're welcome if you wanna make your case there and defend his honor:D

P.s. i can't find the pro in europe...

I bought an OG Legacy on the pre-order. I combusted the first attempt at using the vape and that was enough for me.

Thanks to FC I found out about the upgrade from the Legacy. I sent an email and they sent me a reply saying that I qualified for the upgrade. I paid the invoice for the upgrade and they are sending it directly to me In Israel for like $20 postage.

Couldn't have been easier.

Best vape Ive Ever used !

@Okla68 can you give more details? Compared to which vapes? What makes it the best? How long have you had it? How many sessions a day?

Last edited:

GymWolf

I bought an OG Legacy on the pre-order. I combusted the first attempt at using the vape and that was enough for me.

Thanks to FC I found out about the upgrade from the Legacy. I sent an email and they sent me a reply saying that I qualified for the upgrade. I paid the invoice for the upgrade and they are sending it directly to me In Israel for like $20 postage.

@Okla68 can you give more details? Compared to which vapes? What makes it the best? How long have you had it? How many sessions a day?
They have an EU site, i didn't searched well the first time.

Okla68

Ive had the Pro for about a week. 5-10 loads a day. Flower/Concentrate loads, straight Flower. Concentrate w/Pad.
I put it up against..
Airvape X
Legacy OG
MV1 Ghost
ENano
DynaVap
Buds(Vape Critic) G43
Davinci IQC
Airvape XSGO
Pax 2-3
These are the vapes I currently own or have owned. They All have a place, but, if I Had to choose just one and Only One....the Legacy Pro would be it, HANDS DOWN !!
The Heatup time is FAST, 15 sec to 420°F
Offers Session mode 3, 5, 10 minutes
On Demand mode
Temp control in One Degree intervals in °F or C°...up to 464°F
Relatively Easy cleanup(I use 190 proof Everclear)
Loading Isn't the Easiest, but, once you learn the technique becomes easy.

Out of all the money I spent on Vapes...the $103 Upgrade charge is the best of all of them !

RxPlorer

Ive had the Pro for about a week. 5-10 loads a day. Flower/Concentrate loads, straight Flower. Concentrate w/Pad.
I put it up against..
Airvape X
Legacy OG
MV1 Ghost
ENano
DynaVap
Buds(Vape Critic) G43
Davinci IQC
Airvape XSGO
Pax 2-3
These are the vapes I currently own or have owned. They All have a place, but, if I Had to choose just one and Only One....the Legacy Pro would be it, HANDS DOWN !!
The Heatup time is FAST, 15 sec to 420°F
Offers Session mode 3, 5, 10 minutes
On Demand mode
Temp control in One Degree intervals in °F or C°...up to 464°F
Relatively Easy cleanup(I use 190 proof Everclear)
Loading Isn't the Easiest, but, once you learn the technique becomes easy.

Out of all the money I spent on Vapes...the $103 Upgrade charge is the best of all of them !
This is pretty encouraging. If it works out for me I'll be posting my last tinymight for sale, which has never even been used.

RxPlorer,

mulciber

This is pretty encouraging. If it works out for me I'll be posting my last tinymight for sale, which has never even been used.

I agree with the poster who said the Legacy Pro was the best for them. It is an amazing device, not so much for the design — which I feel stumbles in a few ways — but for the utility when you work out how to make the design function most effectively. IOW, it's incredibly on-target for specific modes of use. Combine that with the quality of construction, heat-up time, super-efficient battery mgmt, ceramic mouthpiece, etc. etc. and you have a "best in show" for sure. I own two OGs and recently purchased a Pro. And like the other poster, if I could only have one device, I think that would be it.

However, I also purchased a Tinymight a few months ago and that upended the whole proposition. The TM is sheer perfection in many ways. It hits differently, operates differently, and has a different set of "quirks" to adjust to, but it's also indisputably at the peak of the mountain. It's superb.

I wouldn't recommend writing it off so easily, but if you do plan to sell it, I think it's a great opportunity for someone else. Having a Tinymight and a Legacy to choose from, I feel, gives me the perfect complement of tools.

mulciber

What do you think ??

In short, the upgrade is worth it for the small improvements, but if I didn't have the hundred bucks to spend I'd be perfectly happy to continue using my OGs. Agree about the NANO, my friend has one and it's near perfect; so easy to use and clean, and pure convection/on-demand. The only complaint he has is the way the power system connects, which is very clumsy. But he has an older unit, maybe they've streamlined that aspect.

mulciber,

RxPlorer

I agree with the poster who said the Legacy Pro was the best for them. It is an amazing device, not so much for the design — which I feel stumbles in a few ways — but for the utility when you work out how to make the design function most effectively. IOW, it's incredibly on-target for specific modes of use. Combine that with the quality of construction, heat-up time, super-efficient battery mgmt, ceramic mouthpiece, etc. etc. and you have a "best in show" for sure. I own two OGs and recently purchased a Pro. And like the other poster, if I could only have one device, I think that would be it.

However, I also purchased a Tinymight a few months ago and that upended the whole proposition. The TM is sheer perfection in many ways. It hits differently, operates differently, and has a different set of "quirks" to adjust to, but it's also indisputably at the peak of the mountain. It's superb.

I wouldn't recommend writing it off so easily, but if you do plan to sell it, I think it's a great opportunity for someone else. Having a Tinymight and a Legacy to choose from, I feel, gives me the perfect complement of tools.
Thanks for the comments. For me it's the pocketability and exposed glass of the TM that has me thinking of downsizing. While I'm making a strenuous effort to be more minimalist but in the end I might still hang on to both. Ideally I'd like to arrive an endgame of:

* at-home convection for kief and flower
* battery portable convection for same
* flame conduction for kief and hash
* flame convection for kief and flower

Ideally one battery portable replaces both my TM and Fog Pro (maybe nomad II if society doesn't collapse first). And eventually maybe I'll wrap up the endgame later on with Anvil. Once the revisions have settled in. Maybe.

RxPlorer,
Reactions: mulciber

mulciber

Thanks for the comments. For me it's the pocketability and exposed glass of the TM that has me thinking of downsizing. While I'm making a strenuous effort to be more minimalist but in the end I might still hang on to both. Ideally I'd like to arrive an endgame of:

* at-home convection for kief and flower
* battery portable convection for same
* flame conduction for kief and hash
* flame convection for kief and flower

Ideally one battery portable replaces both my TM and Fog Pro (maybe nomad II if society doesn't collapse first). And eventually maybe I'll wrap up the endgame later on with Anvil. Once the revisions have settled in. Maybe.

It really sounds like the Legacy Pro checks a lot of boxes for you. Good luck!

sickmanfraud

I asked this in the Legacy Pro thread with only one response:

I am curious. What are you all doing with your Legacy vapes?

Do you use both Legacy and Legacy Pro?

Are you donating your Legacy units to @Vitolo?

My Legacy combusted the first time I used it so I never really used it. Should I send it in for warranty repair?

Vitolo

Vaporist
Are you donating your Legacy units to @Vitolo?
Yes @sickmanfraud ... members have donated legacy vapes. I have tested each before passing these to patients, and they have worked well.
As you might know, I am not going to be taking donated vapes for 18 months, or until something changes, as I am on a supervised release from incarceration. The conditions say, that I can not own any vaporizer, or help patients with learning or owning vaporizers until this period is over.
I have 17 months to go!

mulciber

I asked this in the Legacy Pro thread with only one response:

I am curious. What are you all doing with your Legacy vapes?

Do you use both Legacy and Legacy Pro?

As a matter of fact, I do. I have two original Legacy's. One was a bit spotty so rather than repair it, I got another. then I purchased the Pro. They work differently, and sometimes the OG Legacy is just what I want. It hits more lightly, and is, perhaps, better for "microdosing" than the Pro, which delivers much more heavily.

Top Bottom