• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

AirVape legacy

lauri melissa

Happy Fairy
I have been using it in session mode starting at 350F and progressively ending up at 375F in three 3 minutes sessions. I hold the Unit a little tighter on the side of the D opening. Plus, I removed the D screen. I use a screen over the bowl to keep things a bit tidier. With the bubbler, it is kick ass. This vaporizer is not perfect, but it comes pretty close. A few more refinements and who knows?

mulciber

I've read here that you need to hit it a certain way. I guess I haven't figured that out yet.
No special way to hit it that I am aware of. Breathe in and you're done. Some people report problems with lid alignment. If the lid is open or prevented from sealing somehow, the system doesn't work. It may be possible your unit is defective in that way, in which case I would take it up with Airvape. But (not to repeat myself) I was an early adopter, got one of the first units, and it has worked like a charm from day one. To the extent that I haven't been using any of my other instruments lately. Good luck!

mulciber

I just find the device to be quirky and inconsistent. It's not that I can't get a hit from it. It's just that I have to constantly tweak it to do so. Your comment motivated me to tweak it again, Mulciber. I cleaned the diffuser disk and the gold screen I place on top of that and tightened the disk (note that I had already removed the small screen after a prior suggestion). I then filled the chamber a bit more than 3/4 and set the temp to 365 degrees. I was able to generate representative clouds and nice tasting vapor with a firm, even draw. Pleased and buzzed for now :ko:. Thanks.
I purchased an extra set of the "chamber device" pieces and I use one in the bottom (tabs down for best results) and one over the ceramic disk built into the lid (makes for easier cleaning but I don't find it essential). I hope you continue to enjoy it!

Breaking Bud

I purchased an extra set of the "chamber device" pieces and I use one in the bottom (tabs down for best results) and one over the ceramic disk built into the lid (makes for easier cleaning but I don't find it essential). I hope you continue to enjoy it!
Thanks.

floribud

I have been using it in session mode starting at 350F and progressively ending up at 375F in three 3 minutes sessions. I hold the Unit a little tighter on the side of the D opening. Plus, I removed the D screen. I use a screen over the bowl to keep things a bit tidier. With the bubbler, it is kick ass. This vaporizer is not perfect, but it comes pretty close. A few more refinements and who knows?
I like 350º in session mode too (with the new screen component). But I usually put it up to 380º for the first puff and then back off to 350º and leave it there.

I also like on-demand mode, but without the screen component. Usually, there I leave it at around 290º. With on-demand however I'll stir after every 2 draws. So I don't really do that when out and about. However I've been experimenting with on-demand and the screen component. I generally crank it to 390 or maybe 400 but I don't hold the button through my entire draw. Lots of flavor while its cooling down, and this method seems to avoid scorch the herb

Overall it's a pretty fun vape, but my other favorites are the Splinter and Splinter Z, so I guess I like vapes that I can tweek and play with

Last edited:

Breaking Bud

Never found anything of Value that Didn't require Tweaking !!
Agree but there are limits. If my setup that I'm now successfully using continues then it will have been worth the frustration. I have many vapes and I've never experienced more than a minor learning curve. The original Lotus that I still have comes to mind. Just couldn't get the hang of that one. In the meantime, I will take "patience as a virtue" to heart.

Kimosabe

Educator/Cannabis Evangelist
for most convection vapes, there are many non-productive draws before the load gets toasted and begins to vaporize. Patience is rewarded with efficient extraction. I have yet another issue and bizarre work-around: the temp display begins at over 250 and almost instantly shows 385 (setpoint). Only removal of the battery, thereby hard-resetting the device, can restroe the true start (room) temp.

Breaking Bud

for most convection vapes, there are many non-productive draws before the load gets toasted and begins to vaporize. Patience is rewarded with efficient extraction. I have yet another issue and bizarre work-around: the temp display begins at over 250 and almost instantly shows 385 (setpoint). Only removal of the battery, thereby hard-resetting the device, can restroe the true start (room) temp.
I just wait 25 seconds or so before I hit it. Not scientific but it works for me.

lauri melissa

Happy Fairy
I just got notification from Airvapeusa for new colors for the Legacy: dark and light greens. The idea is to plant trees with each purchase. There is a sizable discount ($169.00) of $100, in-stead of $269.00. I am on the fence about this and will give it a considerable debate in my head and wallet. Green is one of my favorite colors.....born in the month of May. Plus, the fact that you finance 10 trees for each unit purchased? The delivery will not be till sometime in March. Heads up to AirVape fans. I will write back about my decision. Still enjoying the power of the Legacy but, still tweaking it. Love to all!!✌️❤️😷💃🤩🧚

VaporBull

Sorry man. That's disappointing. Seems like we're on a parallel course with AirVape.

On a different note, I just checked out their video touting how they've listened and made changes and now the parts are free. It was fine until they make written mention that there's still a cost for shipping. No different than the free offers we see everyday that aren't free because of some additional charge, be it s&h, service, convenience or otherwise. It's all bullshit.

A relatively small company like AirVape should simply explain that they would take a big financial hit if they didn't charge s&h for the design flaw fixes (ok, they don't have to mention the flaws) and the costs involved with finding the fix and manufacturing the parts. Then they could thanks us for our understanding and we'd all be fine with that. It seems so simple to me that they'd make more people happy if they could just be straight up. I know I'm not the only one who feels perturbed by the way they choose to handle things.

You know something. This company deserves all your bad feelings.

I bought an Airvape XS years ago and the mouthpiece is a design disaster. I own the 2 versions of the original Chinese plastic body Titan version and it AMAZED me that this so called improved unit and mouthpiece made it out of Beta. If that Chinese vape didn't have plastic air path I would use it over the Airvape.

A friend bought me the water attachment and the mouthpiece issue is even more pronounced trying to use it.
It also took a month to get it by mail ( a Xmas gift ordered on Thanksgiving that came after NYE ). I actually had to get my local Post office
call the PO in Cali about it because no one at Airvape would do anything about their tracked package that stopped getting scanned where THEY dropped it off. It was my PO that forced them to send me the item again.

Of course we all get those email about new products like this Legacy and wow the general unhappiness with shipping, charring and now this air leak are inexcusable. They spend way too little time testing their products. They LOOK great and so far it seems that's all their really interested in. Not that I'm surprised. The first PR video for this thing was like a cologne commercial with zero details about the device.

I'm looking to pull the trigger on another portable and the new Special edition green Legacy is a nice looking device but even with $100 off
I can't in good conscience trust that may any changes to the device. Your frustration is familiar as hell to me and I don't want another vape I have to tolerate instead of use.

jbm

I'm looking to pull the trigger on another portable and the new Special edition green Legacy is a nice looking device but even with $100 off
I can't in good conscience trust that may any changes to the device. Your frustration is familiar as hell to me and I don't want another vape I have to tolerate instead of use.
All cosmetic bullshit as far as I can see, no real changes. I don't trust them to actually plant any trees. Interestingly, did anyone notice in the email that they're saying you'll get your money back if they don't ship by the end of March? Then you'll find out that they meant March 2022.

lauri melissa

Happy Fairy
All of you are right. I had problems with the company and I am not totally estastic about the Legacy. This probably is not going to take too much mulling over. Thanks for reminding me, everyone. Peace and love.

warren0728

Crazy proven idea: I placed the gold bottom screen (plate) tabs facing top lid over the vapor diffuser disc! I bent the three prongs inward to hold it in place. This surface does not collect resin. one fast wipe with an iso- swab every 6 bowls, no longer cleaning continuously.
how did you bend the tabs in to hold the screen on ... i'm not having any luck getting the screen to stay on the diffuser disk ...

warren0728,

VaporBull

All cosmetic bullshit as far as I can see, no real changes. I don't trust them to actually plant any trees. Interestingly, did anyone notice in the email that they're saying you'll get your money back if they don't ship by the end of March? Then you'll find out that they meant March 2022.
Based on my previous interactions with them and this discussion I'd say they simply rebranded the old vapes with new paint.

mulciber

Based on my previous interactions with them and this discussion I'd say they simply rebranded the old vapes with new paint.
I don't think they ever claimed that this was anything but that. This is just the same device in a nice color, with a commitment to plant trees. IOW, I think the Legacy has been a reasonably good seller (good news) and they're just putting more variations into the market.

lauri melissa

Happy Fairy
Well, the decision is made. I am going to save my money and not purchase the “new” Legacy. I have the original and I will try to work out all the kinks with my fellow FCer’s always great advice and testing. I just could not justify getting another vape at this moment. I don’t have VAS this year. I am sure in the future, I will have interest in a new vape. But, not today. I hope they plant a bunch of trees. And I mean that sincerely. I really do like their vapes and have two of them. So let me be clear, this is not affront to their company. Who knows what the Legacy successor will be, in the future?

jbm

This is just the same device in a nice color, with a commitment to plant trees.
I’d much rather have seen them putting the tree money into covering the shipping for the chamber components and upgraded basket to the paying and unpaid testers, whoops I mean “pre-order customers.” Instead of empty, unverifiable gestures towards ‘greenness.’ What will they “commit” to if they bring out a model in brown?

Breaking Bud

I’d much rather have seen them putting the tree money into covering the shipping for the chamber components and upgraded basket to the paying and unpaid testers, whoops I mean “pre-order customers.” Instead of empty, unverifiable gestures towards ‘greenness.’ What will they “commit” to if they bring out a model in brown?
The tree stuff is simply good will marketing. Nothing wrong with that but it seems hollow in this case. I'm liking my device these days but there's a lot of room for improvement, imo. It's too heavy and thick and their screens get "gunked up" too easily, which is the case with most of their devices. They all do look good, which lures us in but then they fail to fully deliver in terms of functionality. One thing I've noticed with my replacement is the diffuser disk gets lose and that affects the cover closure. It's not obvious but if anyone has an air leak that may be the reason. Simply tighten the disk and it may make a difference.

mulciber

how did you bend the tabs in to hold the screen on ... i'm not having any luck getting the screen to stay on the diffuser disk ...

I keep going back and forth with the screen over the diffuser disk. It does keep things much cleaner overall, and the draw is very even, but I considered the fact that it was adding another level of filtration to the vapor, and so it may work somewhat at cross-purposes to what we wish to achieve. I'll probably end up using the screen permanently, however, as, to date, I haven't seen much practical difference.

In any case, a pair of forceps is part of my tool kit to maintain the Legacy, and that's also the easiest way to adjust the tabs so that the screen stays on firmly. Use them like pliers [ https://tinyurl.com/y2a9tao4 ] (very inexpensive on Amazon). The tool is also helpful in cleaning and manipulating the mini screen next to the chamber.

Okla68

I keep going back and forth with the screen over the diffuser disk. It does keep things much cleaner overall, and the draw is very even, but I considered the fact that it was adding another level of filtration to the vapor, and so it may work somewhat at cross-purposes to what we wish to achieve. I'll probably end up using the screen permanently, however, as, to date, I haven't seen much practical difference.

In any case, a pair of forceps is part of my tool kit to maintain the Legacy, and that's also the easiest way to adjust the tabs so that the screen stays on firmly. Use them like pliers [ https://tinyurl.com/y2a9tao4 ] (very inexpensive on Amazon). The tool is also helpful in cleaning and manipulating the mini screen next to the chamber.
The "Screen" is designed to fit in the Bowl.....provides an additional Air Pocket for a more Even Extraction in the bowl.
Am I Misunderstanding that you are Crimping the Disc to the Diffuser Disk attached to the lid ? Or am I that medicated. But, Both times Ive read it the past day or so ?
Just got mine today and after 1st trying to attach the screen/Diffuser disc by pinching the tabs as you described to no avail, did further read theText in their sales spiel. Talks of the Enhanced Hot Air Chamber creating a more Even Extraction across the whole bowl.
On another note.....
After placing the disc in the bottom of the bowl, filling it lightly tamped full of White Hot Guava ground with a medium Herp Ripper texture, when I go to empty, open the lid, the Entire bowl full is attached to the Diffuser disc. The Bowl is Clean !!! This has happened the past 4 bowls full.
ANYONE ?
This pic is of a bowl that Wasnt Finished. The previous 3-4 came out completely clean(the bowl, excuse the rest of the mess((still works good)).
20210211_233457.jpg

Last edited:

mulciber

The "Screen" is designed to fit in the Bowl.....provides an additional Air Pocket for a more Even Extraction in the bowl.
Am I Misunderstanding that you are Crimping the Disc to the Diffuser Disk attached to the lid ? Or am I that medicated. But, Both times Ive read it the past day or so ?
Just got mine today and after 1st trying to attach the screen/Diffuser disc by pinching the tabs as you described to no avail, did further read theText in their sales spiel. Talks of the Enhanced Hot Air Chamber creating a more Even Extraction across the whole bowl.
On another note.....
After placing the disc in the bottom of the bowl, filling it lightly tamped full of White Hot Guava ground with a medium Herp Ripper texture, when I go to empty, open the lid, the Entire bowl full is attached to the Diffuser disc. The Bowl is Clean !!! This has happened the past 4 bowls full.
ANYONE ?
This pic is of a bowl that Wasnt Finished. The previous 3-4 came out completely clean(the bowl, excuse the rest of the mess((still works good)).
View attachment 5833

The problem of material sticking to the diffuser disk is a strange one, and I can't seem to attach a specific cause to it. I've tried different sorts of packing and what not. But what I can tell you is that using the "chamber piece", what we're calling the "screen", on top of the diffuser disk makes cleaning a lot easier. If material sticks to it you can simply remove it and scrape the material off. You can even continue to use that material if it's still viable, which is handy. I also think it improves air flow. [ https://tinyurl.com/y2tzudjl ] Incidentally, in the photograph I'm attaching you can see that the battery cover piece looks mottled. Unlike the metal surfaces, the plastic is painted with something that comes off with isopropyl alcohol. Looks bad, makes no difference.

Last edited:

Okla68

The problem of material sticking to the diffuser disk is a strange one, and I can't seem to attach a specific cause to it. I've tried different sorts of packing and what not. But what I can tell you is that using the "chamber piece", what we're calling the "screen", on top of the diffuser disk makes cleaning a lot easier. If material sticks to it you can simply remove it and scrape the material off. You can even continue to use that material if it's still viable, which is handy. I also think it improves air flow. [ https://tinyurl.com/y2tzudjl ] Incidentally, in the photograph I'm attaching you can see that the battery cover piece looks mottled. Unlike the metal surfaces, the plastic is painted with something that comes off with isopropyl alcohol. Looks bad, makes no difference.
Havent noticed any Mottling on mine. But, I use Everclear as opposed to Iso.
I see you are using Both of the Discs, one on the Diffuser disc the other In the bowl.

mulciber

Havent noticed any Mottling on mine. But, I use Everclear as opposed to Iso.
I see you are using Both of the Discs, one on the Diffuser disc the other In the bowl.
Yes, and importantly (to me) the one in the bowl is inserted tab side down.

mulciber,
Top Bottom