• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

AirVape legacy

Okla68

I did that as well yesterday while trying out a CBD distillate. I had forgotten that I had taken off the rubber seal and I set the vape to the highest temp. I was wondering why it took a while for it to fully kick in and it was messy in a whole lot of areas. Needless to say, I had to do some Legacy cleaning today before work. lol

I'm still messing around with temperatures and how I'm packing the bowls.
Sometimes I get whispy vapor and other times I get fuller vapor. I can't complain because I'm still feeling the effects quite nicely even if it's whispy.
Thats the way I feel about my DynaVap 2020M....after using it and feeling Unsatisfied, but, too high to figure out what about it I don't like !

Okla68,

Breaking Bud

So as some people have written, the Legacy is temperamental. It does not have the right balance with temperature control. If you take a decent draw you will likely burn your flower. You have to passively inhale at all temp settings. Adding a screen does help mitigate flower scorching. So if you are very careful you can probably avoid toasting your herb but you really do have to pay attention. It also seems that as you approach 3 minutes the unit starts to get slightly hot which again puts you in the burn zone. All of this adds up to an annoying experience.

As far as the build, it's very solid but I feel like i's too heavy. The good news is that unit won't likely break easily if dropped. Battery life is phenomenal and seemingly a breakthrough for the category. The device is good looking but definitely bulky. I'd love to see Apollo slim it down and make at least a half inch shorter. Taste for me now may be tainted because of too many burning episodes and the unit is not easy to clean (I'm talking about you, tiny screen), not to mention it's messy (you have to be careful when loading it). It's also messy after you're done vaping. There's debris and resin that quickly clogs the disc. The surrounding area on the oven and the seal by the bowl and above it on the oven are also subject to accumulate flower mess. I'd say taste is probably neutral when herbs aren't burned. Clouds can happen but the stars must be very properly aligned. I also wish the stem was retractable or could be covered in some way. It can easily come off in your pocket if you're not careful. Smell is also not fully contained and I haven't even attempted to modify the useless micro-dose basket .

So overall, while I'm clearly not impressed with the Legacy, it's a decent, well - built device with some design flaws that I imagine they'll improve upon. You just shouldn't have to be so careful with it. Its quirks don't make it as enjoyable a vaping experience as it should be. At $250, this would be way overpriced. I got mine at $99 and I'd take a Miqro any day at the same price. It's also ridiculous to compare this to a Crafty. They're not in the same league. The Crafty is much better in terms of draw and taste. It's like pitting up a Subaru to a BMW.

I'm going to keep using the Legacy for a while and see if my feelings change. I was a pretty harsh critic of the Miqro in the beginning and now I'm a fan. But I definitely see the potential for the Legacy to move out of my rotation quickly and join my Arizer Air in storage.

I hope you found this long- winded diatribe helpful.

Breaking Bud

Upon further review, I stand behind much of what I wrote above. However,I am happy to report that in my latest session, when I started at 325 degrees and moved up to 337, I was able to see clouds and enjoy good taste. Now that I see it can be done, I may actually start to appreciate this heavy brick :clap:.

I think a combination of placing a screen in the bowl, filling it to the top with coarsely ground but not densely packed flower, setting unusually low temps, and taking a light (ish) and sustained draw will make this unit work nicely. The lighter hit also disturbs the flower less so there's not as much debris as a normal draw causes with this vape.

More of a learning curve than I've ever had but tolerable.

Thanks to everyone who made suggestions (including CS at Airvape). They were really helpful and on target. Happy vaping!

caseball2051

Don't own a legacy but if you pack a convection vape too full and disrupt the airflow of the draw, you'll see combustion in my experience.

Are some people having issues here because they're packing too tightly?

Just an anecdotal thing from a passerby that I haven't seen mentioned here. The image of a bowl on the last couple of pages reminded me of a pax pack and that just wouldn't be appropriate in a device like this would it?

Last edited:
caseball2051,

Complexity

Upon further review, I stand behind much of what I wrote above. However,I am happy to report that in my latest session, when I started at 325 degrees and moved up to 337, I was able to see clouds and enjoy good taste. Now that I see it can be done, I may actually start to appreciate this heavy brick :clap:.

I think a combination of placing a screen in the bowl, filling it to the top with coarsely ground but not densely packed flower, setting unusually low temps, and taking a light (ish) and sustained draw will make this unit work nicely. The lighter hit also disturbs the flower less so there's not as much debris as a normal draw causes with this vape.

More of a learning curve than I've ever had but tolerable.

Thanks to everyone who made suggestions (including CS at Airvape). They were really helpful and on target. Happy vaping!

I just switched to the more coarser plate in my Stona grinder. Hopefully it helps with less little bits when cleaning out. It's a PITA at times to clean out...
Can't wait to try it out and I will be putting some good use to some screens that were supposed to be for a combustion pipe I had bought for my partner. Need to go get scissors to cut it to fit inside the Legacy bowl, though.

So far I am still digging it but I have noticed that there is less flavor with higher temperatures whereas with my Ghost it really isn't an issue. I want to do a direct comparison by vaping at the same temperatures. I might add the Ghost back into rotation if I want to enjoy more tasty hits.
I mean I do get tasty hits off the Legacy but the temperature has to be in the low 300s but with much less vapor.

Elmer Budd

It seems like at least some Legacy units temp sensor may not be properly calibrated. I ignore the temps im "used to" and instead just go by feel with the Legacy (to me, it seems like 285° is equivalent to most other Vapes at 350°, with 330° closer to 375-400°). I remain very happy with my unit. Low low temps give great flavor and very even AVB, while high temps allow me to kill a bowl in just a couple draws.

Dayton

I havent combusted a single load since adding the screen and im actually enjoying it more than my X now. For anyone curious, I got under the disk and this is what it looks like
20200904_141913.jpg

I had a thick layer of resin before cleaning that was restricting airflow a bit. I used a T4 magnetized bit to remove the screw. I would love to be able to bond the screw and disk, so i could just spin the disk off when i want to clean it. Would have to be an epoxy or adhesive that can withstand higher temps and does not off gas. if anyone has suggestions, let me know.

Okla68

I havent combusted a single load since adding the screen and im actually enjoying it more than my X now. For anyone curious, I got under the disk and this is what it looks like
20200904_141913.jpg

I had a thick layer of resin before cleaning that was restricting airflow a bit. I used a T4 magnetized bit to remove the screw. I would love to be able to bond the screw and disk, so i could just spin the disk off when i want to clean it. Would have to be an epoxy or adhesive that can withstand higher temps and does not off gas. if anyone has suggestions, let me know.
Kool, I spun mine loose the other day using a pipe cleaner dipped in Everclear. Was turning it counter clockwise (duh). Was afraid to take it further! Damn Small screw !
I had a brain ding after 9+ minutes of a session at 343°F. I was runniing it with the heater Up...the "Faux Leather " serves 2 purpose s. .not only for Looks, but, if that surface didnt have the covering...itd get HOT, it already gets pretty warm !

Okla68,

Complexity

I waited a couple of days before I made any conclusions, but I have been enjoying this vape more.

The addition of the screen has definitely proved beneficial on my end as well. Since placing the screen I have had no charred taste hits until of course nearer to the time the flower has been completely spent. Still getting some flavor from the flower even if it's almost spent.

Also, as stated in my last post I switched to a more coarser grind and it has been wonderful. I mean, more wonderful to clean out if that makes any sense.
No problems here with extraction even in coarser grind.

I really need to buy that specific screw driver for the disk though so I can properly get under there and clean it!

Kimosabe

Educator/Cannabis Evangelist
The bottom screen is a game changer and performs a function identical to my re-formed basket - with one important exception: side wall heating.
Similar to S^B portable vapes, conduction cylinder and convection heat exchanger seems to be the best, in my experience.
As previously stated, the temp needs to be extremely high to achieve vaporization if the supplied re-formed screen is used. It soaks too much heat, presumably from the side walls. No scorching below about 380F. AVB quite spent at that temp.

Thanks to Dayton for the CAD file on Thingaverse for the Legacy flower funnel. Works great! Love the fit around the chamber race. Mine preinted a bit tight, requiring some mod with a Dremmel.

Legacy = my fav vape right now. Using course bottom screen from S&B Crafty and top fine screen for Volcano.

R1ng0

The bottom screen is a game changer and performs a function identical to my re-formed basket - with one important exception: side wall heating.
Similar to S^B portable vapes, conduction cylinder and convection heat exchanger seems to be the best, in my experience.
As previously stated, the temp needs to be extremely high to achieve vaporization if the supplied re-formed screen is used. It soaks too much heat, presumably from the side walls. No scorching below about 380F. AVB quite spent at that temp.

Thanks to Dayton for the CAD file on Thingaverse for the Legacy flower funnel. Works great! Love the fit around the chamber race. Mine preinted a bit tight, requiring some mod with a Dremmel.

Legacy = my fav vape right now. Using course bottom screen from S&B Crafty and top fine screen for Volcano.

Yep thats like mine works, except as previously mentioned I use a hip flask funnel to fill it

Okla68

20200904_141913.jpg

There is Absolutely No Way a T4 will fit the screw in my diffuser disc ! A T3 will Not work either...looks to be a T1 or T2, seriously ! Ordered a set of MicroTorx for Cell/Electronic repairs....will be nice to have around, but, Not to remove that Legacy screw !! The T5 Will fit the screws Top & Bottom of the "X" tho.
Equipment/Manufacturing Change maybe ?
And Of Course, seeing you used a T4, the kit I ordered went from T3-T10....ARG !!!!
Today ordered individual T1 & T2 !

Last edited:
Okla68,

lauri melissa

Happy Fairy
Well, after almost a month with the Legacy..... I love it!! My only complaint is the messy loading step. Otherwise, this has become my daily driver. The folks that were expecting volumes of vapor, this is a convection vape. Most convection vaporizers do not emit lots of vapor. There is one other flaw.....the oven calibration. I usually vape at low temps to catch all those great terpenes. But, it seems to me that you do not have to go to 390F for a great session. I usually start at 345F and work my way up to 375F, to finish. No combustion or scorching. I use a screen on the bottom and one on top to keep the particles from clogging up the disc. This thing is a beast!! Great battery power and easy to maintain. Oh, by the way, Apollo made good on my power bank. Very happy camper at this point.

R1ng0

IMHO Its not as good as the FF2 or the Ghost and the fact we have all had to mod ours to work speaks volumes for the design but it does work , very steep learning curve very gentle prolonged pull longer then 15 secs and you can taste charring but its very dependent on the pull strength, i never go above 192C and with the top and bottom screens in place it works. However used as designed it does not there are several design flaws,
i can get clouds out of the ghost and FF2 maybe this one day to when i get it precisely right. I still feel the oven temp calibration is way too high the screen to cover the air flow path being concave is also a no brainer i flip it over so its convex. Use a small hip flask funnel to load it no 3D printer required. It drops in just right 3/4 full medium course grind and im going to try lower temps to see if the terps last better. Update puufect for me is start at 182 have 3 or 4 tokes, move 185 have a another 2 or then move it to 189 and finish the bowl that way you keep all the flav and decent vapour clouds and its deffo werkz ;) I have been thinking about why the screens are such a game changer, could it be that the majority of the units shipped are not sealing as their meant to, so air is ecscaping hence temp flucts and ppl complaining about lack of vapour, adding the screen on the bottom and top is producing a correct seal and thus we are all having better results...

Last edited:

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Hi, I have convection vapes which produces a ton of vapor! So I made a test since I believe this vape get a lot of potential, luckily I have a home made wood stem which fits perfectly the bowl but reducing the diameter where the load sits, I loaded that stem and started a session with the open lid and my stem stuck in the bowl..... and it's night and day, I get pretty thicker hits, no charring (load is in the stem) and still very tasty vapor!

So I'm thinking a bowl reducer would be great in order to get a wideless bowl and to keep the load far enough of the heater and I think there is some air leaks which are diluting hits. For now I will continue to use it with my stem but not outdoors!

I like the Legacy but it definitly needs to be refined. Good luck and thank you to Airvape to take a risk, to release a full convection vaporizer is risky cause every convection based vaporizer get a "learning curve" and this is may be tricky although the Legacy get a powerfull heater!
Have fun!

Okla68

I do not need a screen for mine to work great.
Same here.....its All in the Draw Technique, IMO. Tried it both ways for several days at a time. The addition of screens definitely changes the dynamics of the unit. Personally, I prefer to live on the edge and control vapor production with Draw Technique. Less Draw Restriction and Lower temps, i.e. 320-340°F Without screens. Due to COPD, addition of the screens Increases Draw Resistance. Screens Definitely make cleaning easier after cashing the bowl, but, Ill take the added cleanup to get better vapor with Less Suction required.

Xclerk

The Universe is our endless supply
If I were to order my Legacy today, when do you guys think I can expect it?
Shouldnt be anywhere as long as the preorders as the units are in the US now. Figure they should have shipped al the preorders by now

Xclerk,
Reactions: Okla68

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Hi, I have convection vapes which produces a ton of vapor! So I made a test since I believe this vape get a lot of potential, luckily I have a home made wood stem which fits perfectly the bowl but reducing the diameter where the load sits, I loaded that stem and started a session with the open lid and my stem stuck in the bowl..... and it's night and day, I get pretty thicker hits, no charring (load is in the stem) and still very tasty vapor!

So I'm thinking a bowl reducer would be great in order to get a wideless bowl and to keep the load far enough of the heater and I think there is some air leaks which are diluting hits. For now I will continue to use it with my stem but not outdoors!

I like the Legacy but it definitly needs to be refined. Good luck and thank you to Airvape to take a risk, to release a full convection vaporizer is risky cause every convection based vaporizer get a "learning curve" and this is may be tricky although the Legacy get a powerfull heater!
Have fun!
Hi, I quote myself cause after the test mentionned above I was convinced the heater is performing well and there was a tiny issue with air leaks, so now I can use mine like intended but I have to apply pressure on the top lid in order to seal the heater and the top lid well it's a bit tricky but I'm rewarded by clouds and efficient heat, abv comes out fully brown without to stir. Less hot spots, no more if I add a screen on the bottom.

I believe the leaks is coming from the left corner, bowl side and the mp pointing to my face, the corner with magnet. I need a lot of pressure cause an elastic band didn't worked although I'll try with another one which fits tighter.

This is explain the difference in performances peoples are encountering, please, if you have one which is wispy, try my trick and report please. For me it works very well and I get big clouds on the first draw with the temp set at 190°C.

I will finally be able to use that bad boy on the go, very happy now!

edit: I forgotten to add... I found the vapor harsher (terpy in fact!) now so I filled with glass beads the inner glass tube which sits close of the battery, I added a screen also (folded in 2 and inserted in both ends of the tube ). It seems to help.

LabPong

Well, after almost a month with the Legacy..... I love it!! My only complaint is the messy loading step. Otherwise, this has become my daily driver. The folks that were expecting volumes of vapor, this is a convection vape. Most convection vaporizers do not emit lots of vapor. There is one other flaw.....the oven calibration. I usually vape at low temps to catch all those great terpenes. But, it seems to me that you do not have to go to 390F for a great session. I usually start at 345F and work my way up to 375F, to finish. No combustion or scorching. I use a screen on the bottom and one on top to keep the particles from clogging up the disc. This thing is a beast!! Great battery power and easy to maintain. Oh, by the way, Apollo made good on my power bank. Very happy camper at this point.

Many convection vapes put out full thick vapor clouds....maybe you have not tried those yet? Tinymight, RBT Splinter Z, P80, G43, Elev8r......Flowerpot......etc

lauri melissa

Happy Fairy
I have tried some convection vapes. The ones I have tried are: mivape, fury 2 and V-tower. The V-Tower is a beast and emits voluminous clouds. The mivape was a bust. The fury 2 is great with the water attachment. All of my other vapes: airvape X, haze 3, vapir NO2 and Vapium summit. All are great vapes.....but I truly enjoy the Airvape vapirizers and the V-Tower. As I have gotten older, I really enjoy the terpenes. I guess I’m not a cloud chaser. It is just my own personal thing. Also, for me, I need to get the medicine in me.....most importantly. I suffer with chronic pain (spine) and PTSD, so the clouds are not as important as the meds. By the way, I love interacting with everyone on FC. Sometimes it is hard for some people to understand the reason I medicate with herb instead of taking opioids. I don’t need to defend or explain myself here. Thank you all for all the great advice and interaction. Namaste ❤️

arb

Semi shaved ape
I have tried some convection vapes. The ones I have tried are: mivape, fury 2 and V-tower. The V-Tower is a beast and emits voluminous clouds. The mivape was a bust. The fury 2 is great with the water attachment. All of my other vapes: airvape X, haze 3, vapir NO2 and Vapium summit. All are great vapes.....but I truly enjoy the Airvape vapirizers and the V-Tower. As I have gotten older, I really enjoy the terpenes. I guess I’m not a cloud chaser. It is just my own personal thing. Also, for me, I need to get the medicine in me.....most importantly. I suffer with chronic pain (spine) and PTSD, so the clouds are not as important as the meds. By the way, I love interacting with everyone on FC. Sometimes it is hard for some people to understand the reason I medicate with herb instead of taking opioids. I don’t need to defend or explain myself here. Thank you all for all the great advice and interaction. Namaste ❤
Weird how puking,passed out and pissed off from opiates seems so fucking desirable to the mainstream.
😾

arb,
Reactions: Okla68

lauri melissa

Happy Fairy
Weird how puking,passed out and pissed off from opiates seems so fucking desirable to the mainstream.
😾
I know!! It makes no sense to me. I can’t even go to the bathroom with that poison. And what kind of high Is that? You’re out of it, no control and your skin itches like crazy. I’ll stick to Mother Nature.

lauri melissa,
Reactions: arb
Top Bottom