AirVape legacy

TakoyakiFreeride

Shady Character
I sent an email as well, and got a very polite, noncommittal reply. So, it'll ship whenever it ships. Luckily I got in in the $99 deal, and this is a low priority for me, other than just wanting to try it out.

jbm

Where I will fault them is not sending an email to everyone who pre-ordered with an announcement of, and explanation for, the further delay. June 25 came and went and no Legacy and no notice. You really shouldn't have to contact them. Even the response is vague (and likely copied and pasted,) shipping to the first 50 pre-orders and who knows when for the rest.

junny89

Where I will fault them is not sending an email to everyone who pre-ordered with an announcement of, and explanation for, the further delay. June 25 came and went and no Legacy and no notice. You really shouldn't have to contact them. Even the response is vague (and likely copied and pasted,) shipping to the first 50 pre-orders and who knows when for the rest.
That’s so true. Regardless they should have let the customers know. Even the info on the product page was incorrect at one point stating April as the shipping date! However I think they don’t really know what’s going on either at this point and focusing on getting them first 50 out.
would be interested to know if anyone on this forum got in the top 50, so they can do a quick first impression or not.

junny89

I sent an email as well, and got a very polite, noncommittal reply. So, it'll ship whenever it ships. Luckily I got in in the $99 deal, and this is a low priority for me, other than just wanting to try it out.
What $99 deal? As far as I saw only the $100 off deal was in which I got. With international shipping was $168 in total.

junny89,

jbm

What $99 deal? As far as I saw only the $100 off deal was in which I got. With international shipping was $168 in total.
There was a pre-order coupon floating around here where you could get it for 99 dollars. IIRC, the first 50 pre-orders also get some wireless charging mat as well.

jbm,

junny89

There was a pre-order coupon floating around here where you could get it for 99 dollars. IIRC, the first 50 pre-orders also get some wireless charging mat as well.
Ahh missed it! I only got the $100 off one once you complete a quick survey. It’s a wireless power bank and I got that also from the survey thing.
just grabbed a water piece attachment as a accessory. Will wait to see if they get more accessories later on as they can’t ship with my device sadly.

junny89,

warren0728

so airvape only has the following specs listed on their website for the battery "Removable 18650, 3600 mAh Legacy Battery" ... doesn't mention amps, etc. ... i wonder if my LG HG2 18650 3000mAh 20A Battery ... or one with similar specs will work. it looks like i'll need to find higher mAh batteries?

warren0728,

Saltysusej69

Stoner engineer at Raucous Tech
so airvape only has the following specs listed on their website for the battery "Removable 18650, 3600 mAh Legacy Battery" ... doesn't mention amps, etc. ... i wonder if my LG HG2 18650 3000mAh 20A Battery ... or one with similar specs will work. it looks like i'll need to find higher mAh batteries?

All that should really matter regarding if the battery works is the amperage rating. Higher/lower mAh will just give you longer/shorter battery life.

Saltysusej69,
Reactions: Kimosabe

warren0728

All that should really matter regarding if the battery works is the amperage rating. Higher/lower mAh will just give you longer/shorter battery life.
i emailed airvape to ask for more battery specs earlier today ... no response so far

warren0728,

junny89

Pretty sure you can use any 18650 battery. But 3600 is quite high and usual ones are Samsung 25r 2000mah or 30q 3000mah.
Just make sure the amp rating matches otherwise you won’t get full performance.

junny89,
Reactions: Kimosabe

warren0728

Pretty sure you can use any 18650 battery. But 3600 is quite high and usual ones are Samsung 25r 2000mah or 30q 3000mah.
Just make sure the amp rating matches otherwise you won’t get full performance.
yeah they don't show the amp rating on their website ... hopefully they'll get back to me with more specs

warren0728,

junny89

yeah they don't show the amp rating on their website ... hopefully they'll get back to me with more specs
Do let us all know what they say :)
When I asked for accessories Bernadette did say there is quite few planned but not priority as the legacy unit it self is. So other than what’s there now the few little accessories guess there will be more.

Kimosabe

Educator/Cannabis Evangelist
They say 50 have left for the first 50 pre-orders. Who knows where where they stand? Amy received yet? Someone should have received a unit by now if they shipped on 6/25 - but no one knows where the stand in line! Credibility sinking fast....

junny89

They say 50 have left for the first 50 pre-orders. Who knows where where they stand? Amy received yet? Someone should have received a unit by now if they shipped on 6/25 - but no one knows where the stand in line! Credibility sinking fast....
When I emailed her, she said if you are the first 50 you will have had a tracking number by now.
You can pop a email with the order number to the support team to clarify and they will let you know

junny89,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
So these finally started shipping? Are they still available for only $100 or that deal is long gone I assume now lol

Shit Snacks,

warren0728

Do let us all know what they say :)
When I asked for accessories Bernadette did say there is quite few planned but not priority as the legacy unit it self is. So other than what’s there now the few little accessories guess there will be more.
ok here we go ... bernadette said the batteries are 3000mAh 30amp ... i then asked why the website said 3600mAh ... she said that's an error and they are gonna update it ... so who really knows what the battery specs are but 300mAh sounds more normal than 3600mAh!

warren0728,

jbm

Got an email from Airvape. Big July 4th sale. 25% off the Legacy. Went to their site. Legacy page has an “Add to Cart” button. Not “Pre-Order.” Important update on that page: “Due to the recent global outbreak of COVID-19, the manufacturing and shipping facilities have encountered an unavoidable delay. As a result, the shipping of all Airvape Legacy has started shipping from 25th of June.” Not first 50 pre-orders. All. This may be my last purchase from them.

Pur3inity

Got an email from Airvape. Big July 4th sale. 25% off the Legacy. Went to their site. Legacy page has an “Add to Cart” button. Not “Pre-Order.” Important update on that page: “Due to the recent global outbreak of COVID-19, the manufacturing and shipping facilities have encountered an unavoidable delay. As a result, the shipping of all Airvape Legacy has started shipping from 25th of June.” Not first 50 pre-orders. All. This may be my last purchase from them.
hi jbm,
there might be some leeway with their wording here. started shipping 'from' buys them time vs started shipping 'on' 25th... then again i could be wrong as im not a lawyer but then again i kinda know the law & order tv series sound but never watched an entire episode.

Pur3inity,

jbm

hi jbm,
there might be some leeway with their wording here. started shipping 'from' buys them time vs started shipping 'on' 25th... then again i could be wrong as im not a lawyer but then again i kinda know the law & order tv series sound but never watched an entire episode.
I might be inclined to cut them slack if they had notified the pre-orders on June 25, the day they had told us they would be shipping (having already slipped the original release date,) that they only had stock to fulfill the first 50 pre-orders. Instead we heard nothing. June 25 was over a week ago. And today they send me an email saying that they’re taking orders for the Legacy. And still the pre-orders, people whose money they’ve had for months, hear nothing. Don’t start offering it to the public until all the pre-orders are filled. I get that it’s a difficult time, but that difficulty necessitates more transparency and communication than Airvape is providing.

Pur3inity

I might be inclined to cut them slack if they had notified the pre-orders on June 25, the day they had told us they would be shipping (having already slipped the original release date,) that they only had stock to fulfill the first 50 pre-orders. Instead we heard nothing. June 25 was over a week ago. And today they send me an email saying that they’re taking orders for the Legacy. And still the pre-orders, people whose money they’ve had for months, hear nothing. Don’t start offering it to the public until all the pre-orders are filled. I get that it’s a difficult time, but that difficulty necessitates more transparency and communication than Airvape is providing.
agreed

Okla68

I "Pre-Ordered" March the 6th, Hopefully Imbin the first 50, SIGH....But, have Not received an EMail saying its On Its Way !

Okla68,

Saltysusej69

Stoner engineer at Raucous Tech
2nd in preorder list...nothing!

You are confirmed 2nd on list? If that's true, that means they were flat out lying about shipping the first 50 units.. I emailed for an update on Thursday and haven't heard back.

Saltysusej69,
Reactions: Mixio

lauri melissa

Happy Fairy
I ordered my Legacy in February 29, 2020. I have not heard from Airvape since May 22, 2020. Then, I received a notice of their July 4th sale. I wish they would communicate with their loyal customers as to what is going on. Just a friendly note. Namaste

Mixio

TheVaporOne
As described here

the orders numbers from 20813098 to 20813146 has power bank included (Then they are the first 50...I'm the second in the list!)

Mixio,
Top Bottom