AirVape Legacy Pro

Deano

I took a few 1/2" stainless mesh screen bowls and covered them with a 16mm screen and it worked incredibly well. The vapor production and flavor was highly improved over the standard capsules.

Of course there's no actual lid but I did take a pair of snips and cut down 2 sides of the mesh filter so I could wrap the screen over top of it slightly.

I was able to use on-demand mode at 370* and blew out large tasty clouds compared to the other capsules needing to be around 415* to produce the same result.
PXL-20230108-185656742.jpg
PXL-20230108-185731763.jpg
PXL-20230108-185803361.jpg
PXL-20230108-185822851.jpg

Ariwe

Update on the DCs –
I can get single hit extraction with a 1-2 minute pre-heat at max temp. (Its annoying you have to tap the button to cancel the auto shut off...)

Fully roasted:

I am going to try a direct draw without the pre-heat next.

Ariwe,

Bazinga

First I want to thank Airvape for replacing my defective dosing capsules !! They have been wonderful to work with.

While I am waiting for them to arrive, and for grins and giggles, I used needle nose pliers to remove the screen on the top of the capsules. I looked inside the capsule and noticed that there was no seam on the inside circumference that matched the seam on the outside. Inside was as smooth as a baby's tookis. Put in another words, the inside capsule walls were solid (at least to my old eyes). This, it appears, is why the capsules cannot be opened.

I would like to order additional batteries. Any thoughts on these:

LG MH1 INR 18650 3200mAh 3.67V High-Drain 10A Lithium Ion (Li-ion) Unprotected Flat Top Battery $6.25 each.

Spin0620

First I want to thank Airvape for replacing my defective dosing capsules !! They have been wonderful to work with.

While I am waiting for them to arrive, and for grins and giggles, I used needle nose pliers to remove the screen on the top of the capsules. I looked inside the capsule and noticed that there was no seam on the inside circumference that matched the seam on the outside. Inside was as smooth as a baby's tookis. Put in another words, the inside capsule walls were solid (at least to my old eyes). This, it appears, is why the capsules cannot be opened.

LG MH1 INR 18650 3200mAh 3.67V High-Drain 10A Lithium Ion (Li-ion) Unprotected Flat Top Battery $6.25 each.

They haven't told me yet if they are gonna send me new ones 🙄

Spin0620,

Okla68

The Threads on the DC are on the Outside rim of the bottom, not inside !

Gary-Airvape

Manufacturer
Capsule update!

We finally saw the mistake that the manufacturer made! They put the lid upside down in the bottom part with no screw! That is why it is not opening...

The bottom part has a screw, and the top goes on from the outside, and a little wall should be there to improve the grip.

If you have one, not opening, sorry for the inconvenience; we will replace those!

We did not expect such a mistake between the prototype and mass production...
We apologize for this, and we will make things right!

Best,

Last edited:

RxPlorer

Capsule update!

We finally saw the mistake that the manufacturer made! They put the lid upside down in the bottom part with no screw! That is why it is not opening... Here are the right ones should look like:

https://www.reddit.com/r/AirVape/comments/w7skmu
c3pekzrfmqd91.jpg
The bottom part has a screw, and the top goes on from the outside, with a flat surface on the top.

If you have one looks like the top part is upside down; sorry for the inconvenience; we will replace those!

Best,
Thank you @Gary-Airvape! I definitely have the wrong ones with a recessed top and it's very good news that you're responsively replacing them. Thanks for the fantastic customer service!

Dr. G

Old Resident
Capsule update!

We finally saw the mistake that the manufacturer made! They put the lid upside down in the bottom part with no screw! That is why it is not opening... Here are the right ones should look like:

c3pekzrfmqd91.jpg
The bottom part has a screw, and the top goes on from the outside, with a flat surface on the top.

If you have one looks like the top part is upside down; sorry for the inconvenience; we will replace those!

Best,
Wow...even I have the wrong ones. So, how are you going to do this?

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Capsule update!

c3pekzrfmqd91.jpg

Best,
Well I guess this explains why the DC volume seems smaller than it should be. Is the microdosing wheel necessary when using the capsules?

OrsonWhales

I can still get plenty of vapor with the dosing capsules at 340-360F. I don’t notice a change in flavor either. It’s the same material as the existing bowl and the microdosing disc functioned similarly to the lid. A completely packed bowl should be no different than a packed capsule. The materials are the same and the contact points are the same. I think there’s a lot of negative placebo going on.

On another note, another vendor is selling dimpled glass airway replacements with and without rubies that fit the ALP. It’s already very cool, but may be worth a try.
What vendor?

Deano

I can still get plenty of vapor with the dosing capsules at 340-360F. I don’t notice a change in flavor either. It’s the same material as the existing bowl and the microdosing disc functioned similarly to the lid. A completely packed bowl should be no different than a packed capsule. The materials are the same and the contact points are the same. I think there’s a lot of negative placebo going on.

On another note, another vendor is selling dimpled glass airway replacements with and without rubies that fit the ALP. It’s already very cool, but may be worth a try.
An additional bowl is basically being added which absorbs a lot of the heat itself.

There is a notable difference with and without the DC in terms of vapor quality, production, and the temps that perform.

On-demand mode at lower temps (350-370) is where I've witnessed this the most.

felvapes

Yea very disappointed with the dosing caps
I only use it in on demand at full temp, and the loss in performance is night and day
The floor and lid need to have mesh screen with the solid walls they have now against the oven walls to create the air tunnel (in particular the bottom needs to be more open to let the hot air in and flow over the weed) - I mentioned this when they were designing them
Even a more open cross/hatch style would be better than the current design
This would give us better airflow and performance + clouds

Tastes nice but the vapour production and performance is lacking big time in comparison to without caps

kapows

Greetings, I think they are speaking about VGOODIES...because I purchased the ruby tubes last week. I am allowed to say that? I am not sure I will get in trouble. I am sorry if so.
Pretty sure its fine. Got a pic and hows it perform?

kapows,

vandalizedbythelotus

Sorry, the wall has been raised, so not the flat surface is the right way, the fact that it's not open is!
Please email your order number and a picture of the wrong capsule to cs@airvapeusa.com.
seems to me the raised wall is restricting airflow considering it closes the gap around the microdosing disk. possibly impairing the side orifices in the disk as well.

vandalizedbythelotus,

MrBaked.co

Recommended vape supplies also sells the different tubes for the airvape.
They are based in the UK. I bought the a tube with Ruby balls in it when I got my vape from them..

I've never actually used the device as standard..

MrBaked.co,
Top Bottom