AirVape Legacy Pro

felvapes

Are the dosing caps going to be full sized for the bowl?
That pic looked a little small? Almost half
I was hoping for full sized caps

StringTheorista

Sounds pretty good! I need to ask basic questions.

Why do you prefer a screen to the disk?

Why does a capsule allow loading less than a screen?
I tried out the screen just to keep stuff more contained. I got this just before travelling, and knew it’d be using it outside mostly. i don’t think I pack the bowl enough for it to form that puck on the disc, and I just wanted it not to get everywhere if I was loading or unloading away from home. I’m seeing it as just temporary fix until I get the capsules.

I’m assuming, based on my experience with capsules in my V3, that similarly, since the capsule takes up space in the oven, i can load it with less but still have enough coverage to get a decent hit. Still finding what my home usage will be; here i just wanted to load it once a day, but at home I will try smaller loads so I can vape the same amount but get more of those amazing tasting first and second hits

Crescendo

@Gary-Airvape Good afternoon Gary. Quick question, is the battery indicator on the legacy pro suppose to show 1 blinking bar to represent a full charge? I charged my new legacy pro last night for 3 hours and it was still blinking 1 bar like it wasn't fully charged (say 80% charged). Put the extra battery in to make sure it was fully charged and it did the same thing.

Also, is it okay to use any usb c charger like a rapid charger or just plug it into a normal non rapid charger?

Thanks.

Gary-Airvape

Manufacturer
@Gary-Airvape Good afternoon Gary. Quick question, is the battery indicator on the legacy pro suppose to show 1 blinking bar to represent a full charge? I charged my new legacy pro last night for 3 hours and it was still blinking 1 bar like it wasn't fully charged (say 80% charged). Put the extra battery in to make sure it was fully charged and it did the same thing.

Also, is it okay to use any usb c charger like a rapid charger or just plug it into a normal non rapid charger?

Thanks.
a full battery is a filled-up battery sign. The rapid charger can sometimes be bad for the battery. I use normal charger.

Can be a battery problem, just email to cs@airvapeusa.com, we will send you a new battery just in case

Are we expecting a Black Friday deal for the AVLP? Doing my best to hold out on purchasing until the next best deal is available..
yes, We will do Deals ;)

1973PortlandToker

Remove the small gold screen

Mighty mesh screen on weed to keep it all clean.
Screen on bowl keeps everything clean and you can remove the small screen.

Do you put the flower in the main chamber first, then put the screen on top? Or put the screen in first, then the flower on the screen?

As to removing the small gold screen, you mean the long, narrow screen right next to the main oven? (Referred to in the user manual as an airpath filter.)

vandalizedbythelotus

i'm one of those maniacs who wants the possibility of cleaning the whole entire vape-path. and i'm used to just soaking stems/parts in ISO for glass/metal, cleaning with acetone for wood. ez pz.

after reading through the whole thing here, the only thing holding me back from getting the ALP are the 2 plastic/silicone sphincters at both ends of the glass tube, between glass and oven/mp.

how nasty are those 2 plastic/silicone segments to get clean of resin buildup? and how can one clean those like new? are they more like the impossible to clean pax satan's anus?

seedy53

i'm one of those maniacs who wants the possibility of cleaning the whole entire vape-path. and i'm used to just soaking stems/parts in ISO for glass/metal, cleaning with acetone for wood. ez pz.

after reading through the whole thing here, the only thing holding me back from getting the ALP are the 2 plastic/silicone sphincters at both ends of the glass tube, between glass and oven/mp.

how nasty are those 2 plastic/silicone segments to get clean of resin buildup? and how can one clean those like new? are they more like the impossible to clean pax satan's anus?
Just clean them in a iso scrubbing bath, using a wide-angle Gum brush. Pour 91% alcohol in shot glass, then stick you gum brush into the iso and enter the 2 rubber glass tube holder and move brush back-n-forth and rotate.
pull out brush each time and wash the brush clean and repeat until there is no more gunk or color coming out of the gum brush.
With the same technique clean out the other difficult air paths by cleaning both ends of both air passes. once a week is my deep cleaning schedule

Okla68

Thanks.
IME the USBC charging is Sloth Slow in comparison to Wireless charging.

JustAnotherCritic

It's certainly more work than just throwing it into some iso, but what I do is use a pipe cleaner dipped in iso. The pipe cleaner can't make the bend, but by going in from both sides you can clean it all out pretty easily. I'd say it takes me 2 minutes per bend for like 5 minutes total cleaning, but the top one by the mouthpiece rarely needs to be cleaned like the lower one.

It's not that bad, but I do wish the bend was a bit bigger or more rounded so the pipe cleaner could make it through. It can't get through just because it's such a sharp angle. But you can just stick it in over and over until it comes out clean.

I'll have to remember to take pictures or a video next time I give it a clean. I'll also try to take pics of the 15mm screen and how I load and keep my device clean since it seems to be a common question for people.

MagnumMafia05

Dumb question but I always rinsed off my 3 dynavaps with water after cleaning with iso. So if I clean using iso (I know this stuff evaporates) on those 2 bends, do I have to do anything after cleaning it with iso? Usually when I clean I'm hitting them right after and I don't want to inhale iso.

JustAnotherCritic

Dumb question but I always rinsed off my 3 dynavaps with water after cleaning with iso. So if I clean using iso (I know this stuff evaporates) on those 2 bends, do I have to do anything after cleaning it with iso? Usually when I clean I'm hitting them right after and I don't want to inhale iso.

I'd just set it up so you clean it at the end of a session instead of the start. After cleaning you just let it evaporate, no water or anything like that. It only takes a few minutes, or even faster if you run a heating cycle with it empty after you clean it. You can also use a q-tip to wipe it clean after cleaning, but if you have cheap ones the cotton may fall off. Just use tweezers to pull it out if it gets stuck.

Here's how I load my Legacy Pro while I wait for the dosing caps. I got the funnel and spoon combo from my comment back on Page 35 #866

I trimmed the funnel to size and it's been working perfectly. When I'm done I just open it and tip it into my vaped weed jar and fish the screen out, no mess.

StringTheorista

@Crescendo i had that issue trying to charge an induction heater with my iPhone small block (5Amp iirc). It just didn’t have enough power to fully charge the battery. Switching to the bigger block (10 amp, maybe?) solved the issue. So check what your cable is plugged into, that may be the problem

StringTheorista,

felvapes

Do you put the flower in the main chamber first, then put the screen on top? Or put the screen in first, then the flower on the screen?

As to removing the small gold screen, you mean the long, narrow screen right next to the main oven? (Referred to in the user manual as an airpath filter.)
Yes remove the oval gold screen next to the bowl

Put the mighty screen on top of the weed to keep the vape clean

Easy to clean
Glass out
Two holes - iso dipped qtip in and wipe
Then a mouth or water moistened qtip to wipe the iso out
Clean and done no wuckers

One of the easiest to maintain vapes I've owned

Okla68

I dont know Why people use Iso...its Toxic. Although you are Not Recommended to inhale any Alcohol vapors, Id Much rather use Everclear....95% Ethanol. And its Not Poisonous.
I clean with it, Ive made many an extraction with it and never worry about inadvertently poisoning myself. And it doesn't seem to be as hard on rubber/silicone parts.

seedy53

ISO cleans much better than grain alcohol. Do a water rinse with q-tip after it drys and/or do a 2 min high Temp burn-off. Presto! all good. No issues, i promise. I know others use grain alcohol so do what you want to use but iso is safe when you do what i suggested, really.

vandalizedbythelotus

I dont know Why people use Iso...its Toxic. Although you are Not Recommended to inhale any Alcohol vapors, Id Much rather use Everclear....95% Ethanol. And its Not Poisonous.
I clean with it, Ive made many an extraction with it and never worry about inadvertently poisoning myself. And it doesn't seem to be as hard on rubber/silicone parts.
99.9% ISO > 95% ethanol
unless you plan on directly ingesting ISO (metabolizes to acetone in liver) it's not toxic.
ISO evaporates faster and is a much better solvent/cleaning agent.
ethanol is obviously safer for tinctures.

thank you to everyone who replied with cleaning solutions for the plastic bits.
*waits for capsules and BF discount*

kokolokokolokon

I think it may work regardless of the size cap
The small load loose pack or full load pack both work currently
I'll be removing the disc all together once a full sized cap is released
Both kind of loads work. But not the same, by far. If i want to reduce the chamber i use the waxpad and full unscrew the disk.
Even when a device is convection, it is good not to put the herb too loose, you need to tight it a little to force the hot air to pass through the herb.
A good example of this with (and without) capsules is the v3pro. If you use the capsule ar half of his capacity you can get just a few light hits, if you use the full capsule you get more and better hits with an even abv.
Anyway seems like the new disks will solve this, not the cleaning but the microdosing :razz: (or buy some waxpads with the caps and put them inside the caps xddd)

1973PortlandToker

I've had my Legacy Pro for about a week now, and there really is only one issue. Apparently you can't hold a temp in on demand mode. I hope I'm wrong.

When you select on demand mode, you increase the temperature by holding the power button down. When it reaches the temp you want, if you take your finger off the power button, the temp will immediately drop to about 100F. IF you continue to hold the power button, it will reach 464.

Customer service suggested you can take a quick hit when it reaches your temp, then repeat the process. But apparently the unit takes 15 seconds to heat up, at which point it will vibrate. The drop to 100 or so is immediate, so that's not enough time to heat up to your desired temp.

I repeated this process several times last night, and the unit eventually vibrated. But did it vibrate because it reached 370 (my original desired temp) or 104? Or somewhere in between?

Perhaps the solution is to go to session mode, and immediately turn it off after my first draw. Then turn it back on and repeat for each hit.

Last edited:
1973PortlandToker,

MagnumMafia05

I've had my Legacy Pro for about a week now, and there really is only one issue. Apparently you can't hold a temp in on demand mode. I hope I'm wrong.

When you select on demand mode, you increase the temperature by holding the power button down. When it reaches the temp you want, if you take your finger off the power button, the temp will immediately drop to about 100F. IF you continue to hold the power button, it will reach 464.

Customer service suggested you can take a quick hit when it reaches your temp, then repeat the process. But apparently the unit takes 15 seconds to heat up, at which point it will vibrate. The drop to 100 or so is immediate, so that's not enough time to heat up to your desired temp.

I repeated this process several times last night, and the unit eventually vibrated. But did it vibrate because it reached 370 (my original desired temp) or 104? Or somewhere in between?

Perhaps the solution is to go to session mode, and immediately turn it off after my first draw. Then turn it back on and repeat for each hit.
That is how on demand works. Heats up when pressed. Turns off the heat when not pressed.

Pukka

I just confirmed that this works using my ALP:

In O-D mode set desired temp with arrow buttons and then press and hold the circular botton. Temp rises to set temp and device notifies you. Continuing to the circular button take your hit. Device stays at set temp until either run clock expires or circular button is released. As stated above this is pretty much the definition of On-Demand vaping.

1973PortlandToker

In O-D mode set desired temp with arrow buttons and then press and hold the circular botton. Temp rises to set temp and device notifies you. Continuing to the circular button take your hit. Device stays at set temp until either run clock expires or circular button is released.

Okay. So you press the arrows first to the temp you want, then the power button to heat. I was pressing the power button first, which also raises the temp but with no control.

I'll give it a try.

Top Bottom