• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

AerTouch-TC - Custom PID controller

strictly vapor

Very nice piece of equipment! Hexnail definitely catches my attention and appears to be a little cheaper, I wonder how the 2 would compare. They both seem to be of very high quality.

Since joining FC disposable income has become but a distant memory, a thing of the past!!

OC513

Dabaholic
Yeah I saw this on Reddit today as well. Not sure why it is that much more than the HexNail. Will be following this to see where it goes.

OC513,

damm

I just found this controller and it appears to be a similar version to the Hexnail?
Definitely not as polished or classy looking.

https://aerifydigital.com/product/aertouch-tc-v1-1/

They also make some neat temp control boards for the Raspberry Pi;
https://aerifydigital.com/product/aerpid-v1-1/

https://aerifydigital.com/product/aerpid-v1-0/

I wouldn't be shocked if the boards and the final product are Rasberry Pi.

But I wouldn't compare it to Hex-Nail it's likely a disservice to hex-nail as it's a lot more polished on the ui.

skaav

Yeah I saw this on Reddit today as well. Not sure why it is that much more than the HexNail. Will be following this to see where it goes.

If im understanding their store page correctly, the thing has a built in back up battery.
That will be one Aspect, also the Hexnail can probably just be produced cheaper due to higher demand.

Edit: Scratch that, batteries are not included

skaav,

lazylathe

Almost there...
@damm

Note I said similar, not comparable.
Similar in that they both have a digital display with touch screen and come in a custom enclosure.

There is no comparison in my mind since HexNail has gone out of their way to work with our community to fine tune their specifications.

I think it is all Rapsbwrry Pi boards in the same AerTouch....

Marihuana

Iso Tensei
I love how it can be ran off of an 18650. My concerns are the lack of inbuilt wifi and UI. I realize they offer DIY options, but when you break into the end user market, nobody is going to want to run an ethernet cable through their house just to access the network functionality. One can solve that problem with a USB device, but I think it's a little far fetched to require the average person to treat it more like a computer than a consumer device. The Hex Nail, on the other hand, has a much more user-friendly interface and is a full-fledged computer as well. Regardless, I think it has a lot of potential.

Marihuana,
Reactions: lazylathe

PoopMachine

I love how it can be ran off of an 18650. My concerns are the lack of inbuilt wifi and UI. I realize they offer DIY options, but when you break into the end user market, nobody is going to want to run an ethernet cable through their house just to access the network functionality. One can solve that problem with a USB device, but I think it's a little far fetched to require the average person to treat it more like a computer than a consumer device. The Hex Nail, on the other hand, has a much more user-friendly interface and is a full-fledged computer as well. Regardless, I think it has a lot of potential.

Especially since the Pi has built in wifi.

PoopMachine,
Reactions: lazylathe

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Compared to the HexNail it looks like a military controlling unit from the 50ies combined with a display design from the 80ties. Real vintage.....but with much less sex appeal than the HexNail.

bodhi_naut

Compared to the HexNail it looks like a military controlling unit from the 50ies combined with a display design from the 80ties. Real vintage.....but with much less sex appeal than the HexNail.
If they had actually captured a retro computer look it could be super cool. This, IMHO, is hideous. The only place I would ever use this would be if I was forced to use it in the garage.

bodhi_naut,
Reactions: Marihuana

Justpassedu

This can be run off 18650 Batteries ? Any more info ?

Edit * found it :
Battery Backup and Management System (Battery NOT Included)
  • Dual-Source 5.1 volt Power Regulation to CPU
  • Integrated Uninterruptible Power Supply
  • Built-in Intelligent Battery Charger
  • Monitor Battery and System voltage
  • Uses a single 18650 Battery

Justpassedu,

ichibaneye

Vapriot, Traveler & Vaporizer/ing lover!
I highly doubt it "runs" powers the coil for actual use. It is there for backup purposes only. As in system backups and such.

ichibaneye,
Top Bottom