Advice on keeping the smell down...

houstoned

Hi everyone i'm new to the community but i've been a long time lurker...

I'm a college student that smokes before i go to bed every night. After doing some research on this forum i purchased an MFLB and i'm overall happy with the product but it still gives off a smell that I'm worried about. I live on campus and I'm scared of getting caught...

I've been looking into odor eliminating devices and a hall mate of mine suggested Sploofy www.sploofybrand.com and was wondering if anyone has experience with them?

Last edited:

subway13029

Yeah there is a thread around here about the Various smell reducing devices. There is the spoofs and the smoke buddy..and the hello neighbor that is a Chapstick types..

6079Smith

I'm a college student that smokes before i go to bed every night. After doing some research on this forum i purchased an MFLB and i'm overall happy with the product but it still gives off a smell that I'm worried about. I live on campus and I'm scared of getting caught...

I've been looking into odor eliminating devices and a hall mate of mine suggested Sploofy www.sploofybrand.com and was wondering if anyone has experience with them?

I have experience with both Sploofy and Smokebuddy. I repurchased the Smokebuddy several times, the Sploofy was really disappointing in all aspects other than a superior mouthpiece.

They both work well but the Sploofy did not have near the useful lifespan and it cost twice as much, IIRC

Welcome to FC!

Maitri

Deadhead, Low-Temp Dabber, Mahayana Buddhist

I would much rather go with something like this, which in addition to eliminating the odors coming out of you, it also eliminates the odors coming from your source as well as any other unpleasant odors in the room - whether flower related or not.

Esmeralda

I just got a Sploofy. It works pretty well and there doesn't seem to really be anything that could break, etc.

Esmeralda,

virtualpurple

A sploofy should work fine for your needs, or you could go a little overboard and buy a small carbon scrubber to run in the background.

virtualpurple,

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Always grind outside if possible! Store ground bud in doob tubes. Keep a cashmere woods automatic air freshner running. Have some ozium just in case. Make those regular smells in your session area.

Burt

In my experience the biggest factor is the specific strain you're vaping. I've had strains that you could use in a small room 20 seconds before a cop walked in, and others that would get you busted in a vast and windy wilderness.

Lots of good info in the seed catalogues of breeders, who often have produced strains designed for clandestine grow ops.

Burt,
Reactions: j-bug

Squiby

Not that I have any direct personal experience, but I have read that water curing your flowers effectively minimizes the smell of your stash and the smell of the vapor.

Squiby,
Reactions: lookhigh

houstoned

I have experience with both Sploofy and Smokebuddy. I repurchased the Smokebuddy several times, the Sploofy was really disappointing in all aspects other than a superior mouthpiece.

They both work well but the Sploofy did not have near the useful lifespan and it cost twice as much, IIRC

Welcome to FC!

Thanks for the input. I just purchased a Sploofy because there was a good deal on their three packs. I hope to buy a smokebuddy and compare them both.

I would much rather go with something like this, which in addition to eliminating the odors coming out of you, it also eliminates the odors coming from your source as well as any other unpleasant odors in the room - whether flower related or not.

The aroma would probably escape the room if smoke is blown into the air.

I just got a Sploofy. It works pretty well and there doesn't seem to really be anything that could break, etc.

Looking forward to mine, thanks!

houstoned,

fågel

᚛ᚓᚐᚅ᚜
i have had great success with smoke buddies. i've hit my vape and exhaled through the smoke buddy 15 seconds before my mom came into my room and she didn't notice anything. ozium spray helps too.

grinding outside if possible is important! if that's not possible, the linked thread has a good post on getting the air pressure in your room to work in your favor. i don't know if anyone here has info/experience with ona gel. i haven't really tested it myself but that might help as well with any residual odor.

if i'm going to be around family/people who don't know i consume, i make sure i keep my stash in the smallest gonzo bag: http://www.gonzobags.com
these are great to keep your backpack from smelling like your herb :tup:

VAPEHUNTER

I was always a big believer in the concept if you wanted to keep the smell down you have to get the smell out.
I've posted this set-up a couple times throughout this forum and it may be a little over kill or may not work at all for the OP but maybe it will inspire someone to try something different.

Having a family I was never really big on "hot boxing" the garage and I hate leaving the garage cracked open so it can air out.
So with about $12.00 in materials this is what I came up with.

This is the side of my garage where most of my Vaping is done. I hide all my toys on shelves behind a few tapestries.

VTP35rk.jpg

When the tapestries are pulled up it looks like this.
96kbNaa.jpg

What you want to pay close attention to is this box of rags.
xyzkE7B.jpg

Underneath the trap door is the fan.
uRFKNrM.jpg

Here is what the back looks like.
zXMvw4D.jpg

Here is a little video showing the path of my exhaust duct from the box of rags to a vent leading outside my garage.

Here are two videos of it in action.

Last edited:

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I've mentioned this before.
Food smells cover the cannabis essence pretty well. It might be easier to pop some popcorn or fry some bacon or both.:2c:
I miss the popcorn avatar. Where did it go?

Last edited:
Top Bottom