• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Advanced THC e-Juice / mods / tanks / coils / builds / recipes

Budwiser

Help! I accidentally burnt my holy terp while mixing it with my concentrate and I get a burnt taste. Can I fix this by adding VG so that it can make it taste better and rid or reduce the burnt throat feeling?

I use a .8 sub ohm kanger tech coil

Budwiser,

dagald

I just signed up to post in this thread. Totally new to e-cig stuff and just spent a couple days reading about all this. I have an Innokin Endura T18 in the mail along with some Puff Majic, but I'm already thinking of the next step before it even got here, lol.

From what I read, VG seems like the most natural/least gross thing to be inhaling. I don't have any experience with any of these chemicals but it seems a lot better than PEG400. The thing is, the BHO won't dissolve in it in a stable way. D-limonene seems like a good way to go but would probably be harsh to vape straight. So I was thinking something like a gram of shatter with .1-.2 gram of d-limonene and then once it's dissolved, adding 1-3 gram of VG to dilute it. Does this seem reasonable? It looks like a lifetime supply of d-limonene and VG is like $30. The material sheets I was reading about d-limonene says it is used as a wetting and dispersing agent, it's been a minute since I took chemistry but I think that's exactly what I want to keep the BHO stable in the VG? Maybe I'm missing something but I don't think I've seen anyone else do it this way. I'm new to e-cigs in general so let me know what might be a downside of this technique.

dagald,

illmatik

I put together my first mixture for use with a Sub Ohm tank. I have the eLeaf Melo 2 setup.

My mixture:

.5g sour diesel pull n snap
50 drops (1g) of Holy Terp Philosopher
10 drops of Connoisseur Concentrate The Solution
15 drops of LorAnn Kiwi-Strawberry

After daily driving this mixture for about a week I'm convinced we're all on the right track. Although this is a heavily diluted mixture, it does not seem low potency when combined with the sub ohm clouds. 3-5 good rips is all I need for a head change.

I still need to work on the flavor as I'm not 100% happy with it. But the quality of the rips are spot on. No harsh or burnt tastes that I get with a normal tank. I just got some HT Couch Lock in the mail so I'm going to try some new mixtures soon.

j-bug

I put together my first mixture for use with a Sub Ohm tank. I have the eLeaf Melo 2 setup.

My mixture:

.5g sour diesel pull n snap
50 drops (1g) of Holy Terp Philosopher
10 drops of Connoisseur Concentrate The Solution
15 drops of LorAnn Kiwi-Strawberry

After daily driving this mixture for about a week I'm convinced we're all on the right track. Although this is a heavily diluted mixture, it does not seem low potency when combined with the sub ohm clouds. 3-5 good rips is all I need for a head change.

I still need to work on the flavor as I'm not 100% happy with it. But the quality of the rips are spot on. No harsh or burnt tastes that I get with a normal tank. I just got some HT Couch Lock in the mail so I'm going to try some new mixtures soon.
Based on how Nic users generally go to lower concentrations of nicotine as they move to sub ohm tanks it makes sense to me that for our uses we may only need lower concentrations to get where we want to be with THC e-juice.

Justpassedu

@getsoutalive I agree, doesn't seem like much PEG is needed. Thanks for the updates. I'm curious if the mix that had too much VG in it and separated would have mixed again with just a tiny bit of PEG.

----------------------------------------

So I just mixed up another batch with the last 1/2 g I had lying around. It's steeping now. Alien OG, this shatter is really strong, dark colored, and pungent smelling! I went between 4:1 and 5:1 this time. I find I end up adding more mix half way through the tank anyway, so might as well start higher.

pixlr_20160205171630687.jpg

Recipe (the flavor drops are ~ half the size of the mixer drops):
1/2g Alien OG shatter
38 drops HT (philosopher)
38 drops HT (couch lock)
5 drops pineapple (FA)
5 drops lemon sicily (FA)
5 drops mandarin
I just made a separate thread about this before I found this thread. I am needing your help. I came across some wax and have that same kanger tank as you. I'd like to make something for on the go as I am not in a legal state. Can I take some wax and mix it in a shot glass with some eliguid I have laying around and if so how much should be used to get me feeling nice ? I'll be using this on my mod , I have .2 & .5 ohm coils. Wondering if it actually fucks you up and how many watts I should vape it at ? actually any info to make this easy would be great . Thanks

Justpassedu,

getsoutalive

If what you have on hand has any VG in it, then no. If you have straight PG liquid then you can use it, but it will separate over time. Best is PEG or one of the premade PEG/PG blends mentioned above. With sub ohm coils you want a 3 to one or higher dilution rate as they put out clouds and drink down the juice. Power levels will depend on many things including your gear, viscosity of the juice and personal preference.

Deleted Member 1643

A year of experimentation and yet to create the ideal experience. Lots of ideas in this thread. Might have to try the Aspire tank with ceramic coils.

My next RBA build will be some pre-wrapped kanthal clapton wire, with a stainless steel mesh wick (kept VERY short

How did this work? Biggest problem with RDAs is wicking, loss of potency. Lots of juice left in even short wicks when "dry" (have vaped cotton wicks in Herbalizer). Favorite set-up so far: single, titanium coil, Koh Gen Do cotton wick, 0.1 - 0.2 ohms, 35J, 420F. Like Yihi SX Mini M Class, but might consider a mod with variable voltage option. Read it might work better with ceramics.

Settled on unflavored VE for dilution. Any progress on DIY proportions? Any VG at all always ruined preps, so curious how VE does it. Also curious about strong VG tinctures. From the solubility, seems like it will never work, but people swear by it.

Tried vape pens with ceramic donut atomizers. Very pure flavor, even better than e-juice, but only for the first few hits, followed by messy gunk. Curious about Up Tech's Hercules atomizer, awaiting update.

Taking a break from e-juice and low-temp dabbing. Don't like the fuss or the flavor.

Deleted Member 1643,
Reactions: randomtoker

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
I gave up (for the moment) on RBA's as I was using SS wick which was slightly problematic to get right without shorting.
I had enough success to settle on flavourless VE with a 1 to 5 (1 gram - 4ml VE, 0.5ml VG, 0.5ml aqueous glycerine with around 8 drops flavoring) ratio, but I now use an aspire tank with Vaporesso cCell ceramic coils (kanthal) 0.9 Ohm.

I'm fairly lightweight, and this setup gets me where I want to be for a couple of hours in only 4 to 5 three second pulls (22watts).

Pro's:
No leaking, no fuss, minimal maintenance, super stealth.

Con's:
Needs more flavour.

Quite thick still, might go thinner/weaker still next mix.

Odour not quite total stealth (not bad though) will add more flavour next time.

Deleted Member 1643

What's the difference between VG and aqueous glycerine?

The Clieto tank? Any loss of potency over time? How much waste with Vapresso coils?

Does the terpene kit really enhance effects?

Deleted Member 1643,

Copacetic

Aqueous glycerine is much thinner than regular glycerine (VG), but I only used a tiny amount as I doubt it would dissolve/homogenize like the PEG in the Vapeur Extract

Atlantis not Clieto

I used Flavor Art flavoring, not terp' kit, so I don't know.

Copacetic,

grnmtnvaper

So after about a year and a half lurking in the shadows I will share my experiences:

Originally found a tech online that described making an e liquid by grinding and decarbing flowers and then adding a mix of pg/vg 50/50. Put this in a mason jar in a hot water bath and cook away. After it turned a nice green color strain and load into carts. No buzz to speak of.

I tried decarbing flowers and also not decarbing then adding everclear reducing this until it was dry and then adding the 50/50 pg/vg mix. It wouldn't stay in suspension for very long. Didn't taste very good and looked even worse. The high wasn't there either.

At this time I was using cheap plastic carts bottom wick hole. Some were string and some had full cotton cartomizer style. I never had an issue with leaking but I only used them at home but the person I would give them to would always complain about leaking the entire contents of juice or falling apart completely. Maybe some of this was caused by the everclear eating away at the glue in the cheap carts.

Feeling discouraged I turned to the answer machine (google) with a search term of marijuana e liquid black globs or something like that and I found the other thread on this site. There was already a lot of info so while I was reading through it I picked up EJ mix and a sabatuer tank from gentlemans vape whose v2 oil burner I use and really like. I had also ordered a kanger protank I think 3 for the same reason as the GV one is that I knew I was going to need glass and stainless moving forward. I was using a cheap ego battery and a Tesla IPV mod.

I also decided to just use CO2 oil since it eliminated a whole extra process. I get a good quality snap and pull/shatter depending on the temp in my house and it lasts me months so all tests were done with the same base material anytime I use oil. I wasn't too happy with the flavor of the EJ mix and while I was thinking about adding natural flavors there was talk on here about PM. The ran a deal at the time buy 2 get 1 free so I scooped up chocolate brownie, majic bears and original. I added a Kbox mini and because both of my other tanks would leak a nautilus mini with both 1.6 and 1.8 coils. I really enjoy the PM. OG the best followed by chocolate and magic bears. Consistency was good and I would use 1:1 ratio. By the end of the tanks the juice would get dark and usually pretty thick. Sometimes when I would really chief on it I would get horrible burnt dry hits. Pulling on it without firing would sometimes help but not always. If I left it in a hot car or sometimes on its side pressed up against some fabric or something absorbent it would leak. Occasionally would get a flooded wick which sometimes goes away and sometimes doesn't. Usually would fire at 8W because the kbox had a 8W or 13W option and 13 wouldn't allow you to fire for very long. Clouds weren't too big but I wasn't really looking for that anyway. High was ok. I couldn't get "stoned" on it but I felt medicated. I always had to go and dab or puff/vape flowers or eat edibles if I really wanted to be on another level.

By this time there wasn't a lot of new info getting posted and I was at least satisfied with what I had and I continued on. I left my Nautilus behind on a trip so I order a new one and added the stainless tank to the order. When it arrived I noticed the SS tank only needed a few extra parts to be a complete tank. I ordered them so I would now have two nautilus minis. I would start my mix with PM OG then when it got thick I would drain it out with a syringe and put it in the protank or saboteur with some new chocolate or bears and finish it off. At some point while ordering coils and batteries I picked up a bottle of Cuttwood Big boss reserve because I wanted to eat the description. If I could get my juice to taste like this I would be in heaven. I tried mixing it in with the PM and all kinds of times but it always separated. I stopped using it.

A few weeks ago I was finished my PM OG and after ordering some more decided to see if there was any new info on here. WOW! I had over 20 pages to catch up on. I got started and quickly felt like I must have some CC right now! I certainly wasn't going to finish reading to the end of the thread there wasn't time for that! I got the 10 pack with all the natural flavors sour diesel (I got 2 of these I was so stoked about it) skywalker g rilla and cheese and a few others - with no burners. As soon as I got them I was off to the kitchen and mixed. Up until now I was using a shot glass in a water bath. Add the oil and the PM (never matter which one was first) and after less than a minute in just less than boiling water I mix with a small 2.5ml blunt syringe. I stir for a bit then start sucking the mix and oil up into it. When I squeeze it back out I push the tip into the bottom of the shot glass to help it homogenize. Stir and suck. At this time I check the volume. I start with a gram and eyeball less then a ml of PM. When I draw up the liquid if I am not at 2ml I add more PM. I read 1g of oil is 1ml and I have found this to be true. I have started with exactly 1ml of liquid and have always ended up with 2ml total after adding the 1g. While waiting for the CC solutions to arrive I kept reading. Someone mentioned them being very reactive to plastic including syringes. I started to worry. The kit came with a dropper so I used that and because I planned to start with 1g and .3g of CC I thought the shot glass would be to big because I would only be getting a total of 1.3ml final volume. It also came with a small glass vial so I used that as well. .3 sour diesel in the vial add the oil and begin frustration. Sticky mess. Horrible strong smell. Dropper was hard to work with. Vial was small. Had to add the other .3 just to get it to all disolve. In the end I got .8 of finish juice in my tank. I always start every tank with a fresh coil. I have noticed no real difference between 1.6 and 1.8 ohm. After waiting about 10 minutes I puff on what I was hoping to be 'game changer' it was hailed to be.

YUK!!! They extracted pine needles and sold it to me for $7 a vial. I opened and smelled a lot of them and they pretty much smell smiliar so I am expecting an equally horrible taste. Great! Who can I unload 9 vials of this shite to and what am I going to do with the .8ml of crap I wasted a g of oil on? I took some (about .3ml) out of that atomizer and put it in the other one with about 1.5ml of the boss reserve. Tolerable. It seemed that the two stayed mixed so I thought maybe some terps in the mix will help the VG stay suspended.

I was also reading some stuff on here about sub ohm and temp control so felt I needed some more new gear. Being really happy with Aspire I got a good deal on the odyssey mini. When that arrived I took .2g of oil .5 of OG PM 3 drops of the other SD cc and about 1ml of boss reserve. First I disolved the oil and cc in the shot glass. Went better this time since I was using familiar equipment. Added the PM. Everything mixed good. I added the boss reserve. Split. Boooo! I stirred and sucked. Heated and mixed. Gave up and loaded the new triton mini with the .27 temp control coil. The oil came right to the top. Oh well. I waited about 10 min and with the air holes wide open took a huge deep breathe. Now that is a 'game changer'. Other that the horrible cc taste I blew these huge clouds. In less than 24 hours I puffed away all but the oil that was now thick on the bottom. I was nervous that while this thing may hit like a champ it will burn through juice like one too. I was going through a 2ml tank every 1.5-2 weeks in the nautilus mini. I took a few thick hits of the thick oil but didn't want to burn anything in case it didn't wick fast enough. Up until now I had not had a dry hit although the pine flavor makes me sick and I get an irritated throat. Back to the kitchen. .5g oil 1.5ml of pm and the oil on the bottom of the triton. It was pretty thick and my syringe couldn't get to the bottom I got about .3ml out with about .2 still stuck in there. I decided not to change the coil. After it was nice and warm I added it back to the tank and mixed it around. No separation and the oil left in the tank was now swirling with the rest. For the first time I got stoned on an e cig. Very stoned. I know this because for two days I have not had the need to puff flowers or dab. Forget need. No desire. I was there. Where else was I trying to go? So that is where I am right now. 2/3 of the way through that tank. It is getting thick and even gives a slight dry hit if I pull too hard. I have the temp set to 370. If I pull up to that temp it is ok. I let off the button but if I fire it again too quick in order to get a double hit it gets burnt.

So my goals moving forward is to make flavored pg liquids that I can add to give me a better variety of flavors. The chocolate brownie and bears from PM get old. Evidence there being I have gone through a bottle and a half of OG and still have a lot left of the others. I wanted to try the blueberry and orange dream but after a more in depth look at the flavors they are artificial. I usually don't care for those and since OG was all natural I stuck with that. It is the one that I find enhances the oil while the others masked it. Thats good when the oil is thick and doesn't taste as good.

My next triton tank I will start with a new coil. Might try the clapton 1.8 option to see what that does. The mix is going to be 1.5 PM OG and .5g of oil and maybe 1 drop of the SD.

The remaining .3ml of the original CC mix I did evaporated and dried in the tank. I warm .3 Puff Majic and added it. It softened it up so I got everything out of the tank. I put it back in and added 1ml of boss reserve. I also put two drops right on the coil to help get rid of the horrible pine flavor. It separated as expected.

Copacetic

Welcome @grnmtnvaper, nice writeup.
It's interesting that your experiences with CC seems to differ from other reports here.

My own mix doesn't taste of much, and I was thinking of getting some terps to improve things, but I'm in two minds now.
I think I'll just stick to adding some more FlavourArt for the next mix as I'm fairly happy already, as I can get great clouds, and effect, and the taste is mild but not bad.

Terps are so expensive too, and I want to be able to make a more dilute juice than most seem to want.
I get the impression that the proper terp mixers are better at providing a strong product rather than a mild one that I can puff away at for a couple hours and have satisfying clouds without falling into a couch coma!

Edit:
That pine flavour sounds bad BTW,
I'd be afraid that it would taste like chewing on an air freshener :puke:

Deleted Member 1643

Leaning toward Vapeston Ceramikas for next round of juice experiments. Need work on low-temp dabs for flavor.

Juice from QWET extract of freeze-dried tasted like huffing lysol at first, but simmered down quickly. That was evaporated with no heat and dissolved in unflavored VE. Terpenes aren't to be trifled with and should be identified. At least with PG and PEG, the toxicity data are easy to find.

Planning glycerin extract of spent QWET material with MB2e. Sequentially extract with fresh spent material until maxed out. Even if it's still too weak to vape, it's two cups of killer tincture.

That reminds me. Cleaned oil evap dish with one ml VE. Drew off most of it, then licked the dish. Figured it's not decarboxylated, what the hell? Came on instantly, like a truck. That was a good night.

Last edited:

waxdab23

That was evaporated with no heat and dissolved in unflavored VE. Terpenes aren't to be trifled with and should be identified. At least with PG and PEG, the toxicity data are easy to find.

Could you please elaborate on this? Terpenes shouldn't be trifled with and the toxicity data.

Telling you guys, not sure if I'm misinterpreting, but lately I've been reading nothing but fear mongering posts on FC and Reddit. And although I've got the brains to understand combustion is likely much much more detrimental to health - there's all this talk about unsafe wires, and the unknown of what this all causes has me concerned.

waxdab23,

seaofgreens

My Mind Is Free
Well, from what I have gathered, you have a .2-.01% chance of experiencing coma or death from terpene toxicity. I tried to get some further information from a couple folks, who essentially told me to jerk off though. So I agree, there seems to be a lack of data surrounding the dangers of terpene ingestion.

It is clear that in larger doses, they cause discomfort at least, and you can certainly overdo it.

getsoutalive

I have been making juice these last few weeks in batches with about 6gm of product. I have found that one ml of PEG is enough to keep the suspension from breaking as long as it is thinned out the rest of the way with PG only. Have had no separation problems at any viscosity as long as no VG is used. I have not been adding any flavorings and only tried a few drops of terps once so far to no real affect. Flavor is a bit antiseptic but not bad and certainly not enough to warrant candy type flavorings. Have not been able to spend the effort to try getting VG into the mix yet, but it is on my list.

grnmtnvaper

My last batch I mixed:

.5g of some lovely butter glass shatter
1 ml of OG puff majic
.5 ml of Gentlemans Vape CBD oil

Mixed all together and heated. Total finished volume was 2ml.

Loaded into the aspire odyssey mini with a .16 ohm temp control coil. Da da da da da I'm lovin' it!

Just mixed another batch with the same recipe. Added 1ml to the tank without changing the coil since it was still hitting real nice.

Does anyone know of any 100% PG 0% Nic e juice?

How about flavourart flavors that I should get. Maybe the top 5-7 most useful flavors? Do they make a sample pack that includes some good ones?

zor

Well color me confused...

I made another batch using 0.85g of concentrate and enough puffmajic to bring it up to 2mL total final volume. 2 days later this mix is vaping fine in the kanger subvodmodtodbodwhatever subohm vape, no sputtering, no leaking. Decently good flavor except if I fire for too long, then it tastes burnt.

Before this I was using CO2 extracts to make my oil so now I'm wondering, based on what others have mentioned before, whether viscosity is also an important factor to consider. This last mix is extremely viscous, so I'm guessing that has an effect on the ease of wicking and therefore a direct impact on how much flooding/sputtering/leaking that can happen.

If that's the case, ok, great, but that leaves me to wonder how I can establish a base minimum of viscosity to target for future mixes. Hmmmm

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
Forgive me for not reading before asking as this is probably covered and even seems to be mentioned in your post @zor but can I just mix co2 oil (I believe I am getting the ones made by flavrx) and straight up wax or rosin to make my co2 oil stronger? If so is the process as simple as just adding the two together and heating them in a glass vial like seen on the Connoisseur Concentrates video? I was just thinking about this on my way in this morning and had to ask since I just don't have time to read up right now.

zor

That's a good question....I'm not sure, @nosmoking. The extracts I use are from Alpine:
Our Alpine cartridges are formulated from 80%+ THC (yes, really!) solvent free concentrate stabilized in a blend of propylene glycol (PG) and polyethylene glycol.
http://www.alpinevapor.com/products/cartridges/

You may need to play around with the resulting concentrations of PG/PEG to get the desired consistency at the end, if that indeed does play a role in preventing leaking or flooding. I also have no idea how saturated the extracts are, nor what their capacity to accept more concentrate is.

Deleted Member 1643

Could you please elaborate on this? Terpenes shouldn't be trifled with and the toxicity data.

No need to search further than Wikipedia:

Terpenes (/ˈtɜːrpiːn/) are a large and diverse class of organic compounds, produced by a variety of plants... They may protect the plants that produce them by deterring herbivores...The name "terpene" is derived from the word "turpentine".​

Safer than PG and PEG? Maybe, depends on which terpenes. If the manufacturers let us know, we can look them up and decide for ourselves. If you trust them to do the work for you, that's fine - don't want to start a flame war.

I have been making juice these last few weeks in batches with about 6gm of product. I have found that one ml of PEG is enough to keep the suspension from breaking as long as it is thinned out the rest of the way with PG only.

Thank you! PEG400? How much PG?

Deleted Member 1643,
Reactions: tennisguru1

Orestes

Magus Septimus
here's a nice shitty picture for y'all. This is a buddy's reduced ethanol (non quick) extract, diluted 1:2 with vapeur extract.

It's quite effective. I'm going to do a QWET run myself and aim for a nice amber sub-ohm tank-friendly mix. But the aspire atlantis is fairly simple and has small coils, i think it might hold up. Only running at 20 watts (1.8 ohms) so no massive clouds, which is good at 1:2 dilution. nice and efficient

CvdL0o7.jpg

getsoutalive

Thank you! PEG400? How much PG?

Yes I have PEG400 from texlabsupply. PG to taste, by which I mean, enough to thin appropriately to your gear and personal tastes. I have been diluting 6 grams of product into a final juice volume of 16 ml. Just the 1ml of PE400 and PG, no flavors or terpenes needed.

I mix in glass jar in an ultrasonic jewelry cleaner with a heated bath.

Top Bottom