Adjusting to Mighty from Smoking – Need Tips!

paranoid_ndroid

Hey everyone,

I recently switched to using the Mighty vaporizer after years of smoking joints (5 a day). I've been smoke-free from cigarettes for a while now, which feels great, but I'm struggling to find the same satisfaction with the vaporizer that I used to get from smoking. I understand that vaporizers like the Mighty are supposed to offer a cleaner and more efficient experience, but I'm missing the "kick" that comes from direct smoking.

I've tried playing around with the temperature settings, aiming for higher temperatures for a more intense effect, but it's still not quite hitting the spot. The device itself is easy to use and I appreciate the healthier approach it provides, but I'm curious if there are specific techniques or settings that long-time users have found effective.

Do you have tips on how to maximize the effectiveness of the Mighty? Maybe certain packing methods, draw techniques, or even specific temperature settings that mimic the harshness or immediacy of smoking? Any advice on transitioning from smoking joints to solely using a vaporizer would be hugely appreciated!

Thanks in advance for your help!

paranoid_ndroid,

186°

Hi,
the Mighty isn't designed for very strong, smoke-like, hits. But there are ways to tweak it a little bit. If you want a strong hit, I would
- use very strong weed,
- tamper the weed a little bit,
- let the Mighty pre-heat before putting capsule in (or don't use a capsule...),
- use high temperatures (although the Mighty doesn't get very hot),
- keep waiting a little bit (30 sec),
- take a looong hit (and drawing very very slowly).

With the right weed this should actually do the trick (and let beginners cough as well).

But there are other vaporizers that are much better for what you are looking for. I'm very happy with my Vapman for example. While it is actually a very soft experience that is nothing like smoking, the whole ritual is giving me a lot. And if I really want a strong hit, I just take the water-piece-adapter, use my torch a bit more aggressively and take a strong hit through my tiny bong.

I'm sure you can get a ton of suggestions here for vaporizers that can give you really strong hits and big clouds (much better than smoking), if that's what you are looking for.

PS: Welcome, I guess you got yourself a new hobby now!

186°,

chlorophyll_man

AVB Inspector
Hiya, if at all possible in your situation, I would recommend taking a 5 day break from weed before resuming with just the Mighty (no smoking). Could be a tough 5 days but it's a great long-term investment in transitioning to purely vaping.

chlorophyll_man,

Cdwhit

I agree that a break might help.

Also, the Mighty+ does better with a looser pack. You can tamp it, but tamp LIGHTLY, you need good airflow through the herb.

Increase the temperature. The maximum temp on the Mighty plus is 410. I personally prefer the lower vaping range, but you will get more kick at 410. If it’s too hot at 410, use a waterpiece or bubbler.

I think they recommend a course grind, but I haven’t found the grind makes that much difference in smoking. The course grind does seem to keep the device cleaner.

If you can take edibles, try taking a low dose (10mg) edible before smoking. This will give the smoked herb a little more kick while you are getting adjusted to it.

A great vape is crap with crap weed. Use good flower.

Don’t mix other herbs, tobacco, etc in the pot. I suggest not even putting Keef in it until you can get satisfied from the device. You’ll waste your keef and gunk up the vape.

I love the capsules for the cleanliness and convenience, but you get more vape smoking direct from the bowl.

Cdwhit,
Top Bottom