Adding terpenes to edibles

shredder

Since my filling cart experiment is just going so so I have terpenes available to use for edibles. They do expire so I want to use them, and I store them in the fridge. I read to use them within 6 months and they can go longer if stored cold. I have used them in edibles 4 times now. Once in a mct oil infusion that I used rejected cart oil full of terpenes, and 3 times in ground mj capsules. The capsules are blue dream with a blue dream terpene blend, columbian gold with a sativa blend terpene, and a cpl (aka capleton, an indica) with a tangle blend terpene.

I'm becoming a believer in adding terpenes. There isn't much information on this subject, at least I haven't found much, except it is being done commercially, and in general there is some conflicting anecdotal information. I feel they add a lot to a medible.

I'm not sure of an ideal amount. On capsules ive made I used 5 drops for 60 capsules. The mct oil infusion has more because I used cart oil I made and has about 2 drops per gram of rosin/feco. The infused oil is 5 mg per drop but idk how much terpenes per dose. I do have a little terpy aftertaste using the oil infusion but none with the capsules.

Now for the good stuff, the effects. The sativa blend added to columbian gold capsules (35mg) make the effects quite a bit stronger than they would be without and the buzz is a definite sativa type buzz. Energetic and a little racy. About a 5 hour ride for a real nice day time edible.

The blue dream capsules (40mg) with a blue dream blend terpene mix is a typical blue dream buzz but a bit stronger and more sedating than without. Very relaxing almost an indica buzz.

The mct oil infusion has 5 different terpene blends since it came mostly from carts, but it's generally uplifting. And it does have a weed taste but not unpleasant, if that makes sense. I used it in coffee and it's good for 4 hours after a half hour lift off at a dose of 25-30mg.

The cpl capsules (60mg) I made for a patient that has epilepsy. He has a high tolerance. Cpl is supposed to be good for seizures. It's only been a few days but, the patient said so far, so good. I did not sample any and the patient didn't report much else, but cpl is new to both of us. Wait and see I guess.

I have added sweet orange oil to edibles for a while now. It goes really nice with medicated chocolate bars. I use it partly because it has limonene, a energetic terpene, and partly to hide any weed taste. I think the terpene blends I bought work better for effects, although the sweet orange oil works.

There you have it, anyone else adding terpenes to edibles?

Top Bottom