• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Adding Terpenes Back Into Oil?

btka

The only terpenes I have seen in Canada were from Horatio Delbert Concentrates. If I am remembering correctly they were God's Green Crack and were $180 per vial. Honestly not really sold on the idea of isolating all the active ingredients (the clear, cbn, etc) and then combining them together again yourself at least at these current prices. Can just get terpy shatter or wax and don't really feel like it needs anything really. Maybe I can see if you have strict medical needs, but any reputable extraction company should probably be able to make shatter/wax that's safe enough for most users.

Edit: fixed price/strain.

http://blueriverextracts.ca

btka,

waywardpine

Hello i just stumbled acrossed the most amazin compnay www.goldleafscientific.org they do Distillation classes and cover your airfare and hotel stay and dabd and food lol but they have a terpene class and they have a shit load of real cannabis terps from running the class so they can sell for 80$ml with terps101 10% off order they teach you how to mix your terps the right way and have customer support plus here terps come in a cool glass syringe
real super dank terps makes my vapes taste like moxies live resin ahaha

waywardpine,

Bubba

I have been tempted to get some terpenes for my ecig juice, but that would attract attention. I was thinking about a touch of limonene at in the amounts in cannabis (1-2% at most), but I don't know about that or if it would be safe. Something lemon and something lime. That might be what is in my lemonade flavor I use and like.

I believe most cannabis has ~2% terpenes plus or minus and that's it. So a gram of terpenes could make many (50?) grams of extract. I would rather extract some tasty herb myself though and use the less tasty stuff for edibles personally. Good buds, shake or trim, good extraction, good evaporation/purge to preserve terpenes = good concentrate. If you see a club with a bunch of shake in their jars and they don't sell concentrate or in house edibles ask what they want for it. Some might be a bit decarbed though.
Make my own vape juice. Pretty good success potency wise. I add WAX to my final product for flavor (1-1) Love the banana kush. Can I also add terpenes.

Bubba,

Canadianguy

The only terpenes I have seen in Canada were from Horatio Delbert Concentrates. If I am remembering correctly they were God's Green Crack and were $180 per vial. Honestly not really sold on the idea of isolating all the active ingredients (the clear, cbn, etc) and then combining them together again yourself at least at these current prices. Can just get terpy shatter or wax and don't really feel like it needs anything really. Maybe I can see if you have strict medical needs, but any reputable extraction company should probably be able to make shatter/wax that's safe enough for most users.

Edit: fixed price/strain.

You could try Fusion Flavours...in Canada, fast shipping. i just purchased from there..

Canadianguy,

Canadianguy

Here is my recent experience. I had a really light tasting Jack and since I'm not the one who makes it, I can't influence changes without a month or more delay, so what did I do? I ordered some jack herer blended terpenes online! They smell perfect! They are naturally derived, nothing but terpenes, no PG, PEG, Coco, bullshit! I got a syringe and the cart and dropped three tiny droplets from the syringe into the cart. BAM! Just like cooking! These bad dogs just got a whole lot tastier! The taste went through the roof! So good, that now all I want to do is suck on that thing! I am very impressed! Unless you are buying some crap, a good blend of naturally derived terpenes will kick up any extract! Heck, you could get some ok herb and buy these terpenes online in that strain, and put a few drops in the bag and that shit will make the herb POP! I want to put this stuff on everything. In my car as air freshener it smells so good!

hi just noticed this post. Your saying you put 2 or 3 drops into a already pre filled cart, are your carts already pre mixed? Wasn't it to strong?

I'm new and trying to learn..

Thanks

Canadianguy,

SirTittyTickler

Trim from any grow makes THC. People are wasting money using nug runs to produce extract. The difference in yield isn't enough to cover the huge cost difference. If someone buys a pound of final trim for $200 versus a pound of bud for $1600-3200, the actual yield isn't worth the increased cost you have to charge for your carts. If a batch of 10 pounds of trim yields 500 grams of sap, 10 pounds of nugs does not yield 10x as much. So $2000 for trim, versus 10,000-20,000 for nugs is a huge difference. There's no difference in amount of terpenes remaining after processing either, it all smells pretty bland once your done refining it to liquid gold. Even if I doubled my sap with nugs versus trim, that would still have been possible with 10 more pounds of trim, another $2000. That nug is still a long ways away from making sense. In the end, we can refine it to be 100% THC...nothing else. It would be thick and hard to vape, so you have to dilute it with something. This is where terpenes come in. They act like alcohol and they thin the product just enough. The more terpenes you add, the lower your THC goes (by volume).

Based on my own personal experience using the rosin press method, I have been able to consistently get at least 1g of THC oil concentrate from 6g of actual bud which is about 4.5g of concentrate per ounce not including terpene potion solution which of course is going to dilute it. So if I was to do this to a single pound of dense sticky bud that’s about 70g of concentrate per pound. Tho it may be time consuming, I enjoy the grind.

SirTittyTickler,
Reactions: stp
Top Bottom