Accidental Smell-Free Cannibutter!

YourPalHal

THC Exploiter
Hello Everyone! A few days ago I posted in the ABV Coffee thread saying that I would try making some and would post the results. . . Well not everything worked the way I had hoped, but instead, I discovered a great way to make cannabutter if you live somewhere where you can't have your house smelling like cannabis

What we ended up doing was making the coffee ahead of time using a regular drip-style brewer. Since the end product was going to be used by me and my buddy, we poured about two servings of the coffee into an electric kettle that would be used for the THC extraction.

After doing this, we ran into our first hiccup. . . unfortunately, we had forgotten to get cream like we had planned, so at this point we were thinking about our options. We could just drink the coffee and wait until the next day to try and make our "infused" drink, but being quite vaked already, we decided that this was not an option. Now, I have read and heard about people doing some DESPERATE things when making edibles (for some reason, the person who used peanut butter in their ABV Ramen rings a bell :p) so we didn't think that using butter instead of cream would be too bad. So before you know it, we've got a disgusting mix of coffee and partially-melted butter swirling around in our electric kettle.

Next we stirred in the ABV that we were using (only about three or four grams. . . the result of vaping about a half ounce) and began the waiting game. We simmered it for about an hour, and then realized that the liquid that we were left with was in no way fit for human consumption. . . It was the most horrifying looking kettle full of liquid I had ever seen, and I made it clear that something had to be done before we ate this stuff.

It is right here that the direction of our little project turned. Instead of making a THC infused drink, we had discovered a way to make cannabutter without making our entire building smell like a skunk petting zoo! My place was filled with the rich aroma of coffee, which made me very happy, and all we had left to do was put the coffee mixture into the refrigerator and wait!

A point worth noting if anyone decides to try this is to strain the ABV out of your mixture before the butter solidifies on the coffee. It will just make the process a little easier down the line! We unfortunately didn't think of this, but it all worked out in the end.

I let the mixture sit in the refrigerator for a couple of days just to make sure that all of the butter was in it's solid form. Next, I just strained all of the butter out of the coffee, melted it down, and strained the butter itself to get all of the particles of ABV out of it. What I was left with was a deliciously green tinted cannabutter that was just BEGGING to be eaten. We then got some bread, and enjoyed dipping it into our freshly made creation.

The results? Oh my goodness. There was a slight coffee taste to the butter, but it was actually very enjoyable! The high crept up on us over the period of about an hour, and it lasted for far longer than I thought it would. If I could remember when we ate it, I would be able to give a better estimate, but we were consistently stoned for about 5 hours (my buddy was on the edge of being TOO high for the majority of the experience :lol:)

Overall, I can say that this experience was INCREDIBLE! I would highly recommend this method for making cannabutter if anyone lives in a place that the smell of marijuana could be problematic. I can't wait to be able to make some actual ABV coffee, but I'd say that our impatience and vaked ingenuity actually paid off this time.

Cheers and happy vaping to all!

YourPalHal,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
Wow thank you for sharing! That is pretty funny how your butter turned out to be an experimental thang from the lack of cream haha. May have to try this someday! :)

Elluzion,

AgentofChaos

Serial Vapist
After it solidified and you melted it down to strain, was there an odor then? The last time I made butter my landlord received a few complaints and my place reeked for over a week.

AgentofChaos,

YourPalHal

THC Exploiter
AgentofChaos said:
After it solidified and you melted it down to strain, was there an odor then? The last time I made butter my landlord received a few complaints and my place reeked for over a week.

No, not at all. I think that the trick is that you have to heat it very slowly when you're melting the butter. The less heat there is, the less smell there is. But even so, the most we smelled was a bit of coffee. It was great!

YourPalHal,

djonkoman

great find
altough I would've drank it, everytime I made weedcoffee vI made it with butter, the reason is simple.... I don't like coffee with milk(tastes too weak, just like tea) so I always drink my coffee black, so infusing the weed/avb in milk or cream would produce coffee that I wouldn't like
so instead I just first make a cup of coffee, then add a piece of butter and let it melt, then add weed or avb(with unvaped weed it tastes great, usually coffee gets disgusting if it cools down too much but weedcoffee is still delicious if it has cooled down)
for not getting weed in my coffee I just use such a holder for loose tea, so I don't have to filter it afterwards
then to keepo it warm longer I put the cup of coffee inside a pan wich I fill with boiling water after about 10 min., then after another 15-20 minutes I drink it
effect never has been that strong tough

edit: has anyone ever tried making irish weed coffee with weed avb?
maybe that could give a delicious result too, weed could be infused in both the cream and the whiskey(or whisky? I always forget wich one aplies to wichcountry...)

djonkoman,

YourPalHal

THC Exploiter
@djonkoman

Yeah, I drink it black as well. I had every intention of just downing it, but if you had seen the contents of that kettle you would have understood! Haha. Next time I'll be sure to take pictures.

As for your effects not being too strong, I would suggest that you cook it a while longer and maybe use slightly more butter. . .

And as for the ABV Irish Coffee, that would probably be really good! I'm not a drinker myself, but I've got a few buddies that would love to try that! I'll see what they think.

YourPalHal,

djonkoman

I made butter today using this, I myself didn't smell anything(but I also don't smell it using water, and most of the time I don't taste anything when vaping, my sense of smell isn't that good)
but some people that came in later, about an hour or so after I was done making butter, still smelled it even while I had left a window(a small high window close to the entrance of the kitchen, creates a good airflow for the kitchenfan so usually we open that window during cooking also) open and the kitchenfan on for half an hour after making the butter
not that it was really a problem in my case, but for others that really can't have the smell in their house for some reason it coud be a problem

djonkoman,
Top Bottom