About those auto flush toilets.

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
How does it KNOW when to flush? Is the water color coded? Is there a team underground monitoring the proceedings to flush at the proper time?
However it's set up they always seem to get it right; I think this is amazing.

jeffp,

wowthisisrandom

Glass/Vape Enthusiast
Yeah! I want to be able to check my progress before I flush! The fact that they take that liberty away from me is just wrong. :lol:

wowthisisrandom,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
wowthisisrandom said:
Yeah! I want to be able to check my progress before I flush! The fact that they take that liberty away from me is just wrong. :lol:

Another reason I'm boycotting the airlines.

jeffp,

Purple-Days

Motion sensing flushes don't work. I hate to be another Hank Hill, but this is bullshit... Went into Lowe's the other day, had to sit down and two of the three stalls were 'loaded'... I took the third and as I was hand washing, one of the Lowe's men cam in and had to wave his hand in front of the sensors. Obviously a routine job for some poor fucker... And what ever happened to your ability to give yourself, and others, a 'Courtesy Flush' ?

Purple-Days,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
The bathrooms at my company have a manual flush option which is nice. Let's say there's a power outage.
I'm sure some of us can remember pay toilets - pay as you go, so to speak.
And doing the "limbo" dance under the door to save a quarter.

jeffp,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
wowthisisrandom said:

Simple solution; climb up on the toilet, make like you're a back catcher at a ball game and uh, let er rip :lol:

I assure you that you will be able to monitor your progress.

Tom

tdavie,

PhishCactus

Lvl. 420 Vaporist
when I stand up to wipe they flush before I can throw the paper in the toilet. :/ NOT HAPPY ABOUT THIS TECHNOLOGICAL ADVANCEMENT.

PhishCactus,

wowthisisrandom

Glass/Vape Enthusiast
PhishCactus said:
when I stand up to wipe they flush before I can throw the paper in the toilet. :/ NOT HAPPY ABOUT THIS TECHNOLOGICAL ADVANCEMENT.

To stand or to sit? That is the question.

wowthisisrandom,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
wowthisisrandom said:
PhishCactus said:

To stand or to sit? That is the question.

Do you realize that this spurious advancement is due to miscreants not flushing? For this to exist there must be so many who do this.
At the least, kick flush, if it's a sanitary concern. I always do.
Building technologies around assholism is truly decadent and extremely fucked up!

jeffp,

djonkoman

I think it's a lightsensor, not a motion sensor
as you stand before it(or sit on it in the case of a toilet and not a urinoir) you cast your shadow on the sensor, if you move away the sensor detects increased light and flushes

altough I've also seen some that were just timed, once every so much time all urinoirs flushed at once

djonkoman,

SmokingElectricity

its worse when they go off while your still sitting down...

trying to enjoy a LB trench on your coffee break :/

SmokingElectricity,

steiner666

Serial vapist
djonkoman said:
I think it's a lightsensor, not a motion sensor
as you stand before it(or sit on it in the case of a toilet and not a urinoir) you cast your shadow on the sensor, if you move away the sensor detects increased light and flushes

altough I've also seen some that were just timed, once every so much time all urinoirs flushed at once

i think youre right on this, and the placement of lighting in the room can make it harder for them to be able to detect the change in light, which is why some of them you have to wave your hand in front of/over top of to create the shadow, and the others that flush randomly while youre still doing your paperwork probably catch the edge of your shadow and youre moving around, getting trigger multiple times.

steiner666,

crawdad

floatin
most that ive seen usually have a button you can push to force it to flush, ive always used my foot for commode and elbow for urinal so my hands need not touch it (or just walk away depending on current state), as the day goes on a public restroom can be quite gross.

i still prefer the woods, the original auto flush.

crawdad,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
I never sit down on public toilets; I traditionally wait til I get home. But it wasn't always this way.
I have noticed after having conducted a personal experiment that after stepping back the flush occurs.
This doesn't necessarily refute my suspicion of an underground monitoring team of experts.
If this happens underground at all - why not the next room or perhaps outsourced to India.

jeffp,
Maybe it's just my paranoia but I feel like there's just a motion sensor in the men's room but a camera in the women's.

I, honestly, never you public toilets unless I'm too far from home to swing by and use my own; it almost never happens because I live in town. I feel like 99% of public restrooms aren't fit for even wild animals to use.

Rip Van Winkle,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
I'm more concerned about Republicans in the rest room than anything else.

jeffp,

Vaporisateur

Senior Marijuanist
Google rules the world, man. I think it's the same team as this.

tisp_diagram.gif

Vaporisateur,

Nosferatu

They dont work, at my job I'm standing to take a piss as it repeatadly flushes and flushes over and over. Fucken things. Then when I'm done it wont flush anymore..

Nosferatu,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Nosferatu said:
They dont work, at my job I'm standing to take a piss as it repeatadly flushes and flushes over and over. Fucken things. Then when I'm done it wont flush anymore..

The trick is to keep pissing.

jeffp,
Top Bottom