About old FC & NewFC: we're not sure where we're going but we're working on it

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
The way everyone is talking, would it be even a possibility to, after finishing with the FC rejuvenation, to turn NFC into the cultivation-focussed site, and FC for everything else? That way they are separate?

Ramahs,
Reactions: Jill NYC

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
I don't feel knowledgeable enough to comment on a grow forum and the possibility that it could cause a member to be found and "hurt". I haven't done the homework on bots, laws in other countries, etc. and if there is one thing I've learned because of the virus it is that I gotta do my own homework. I feel pretty comfortable leaving this aspect to the FC/NFC powers that be because they have proven themselves to be some of the most considerate folks I've ever met. I believe they will do the right thing.

I think the majority of us have at one time or another felt the "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get me." feels. The wife and I haven't been using legally very long but we've been using for decades. Just before the wife and I became legal I met up with a friend over some glass and other legal vape related stuff. Even though we met at a neutral location and weren't carrying we both couldn't shake the paranoia. I didn't want to meet at my home because I had cannabis there. I think we can all relate to being worried about using and getting caught. Will I lose my job, get arrested, lose my car, have my children taken away? My fears were based on the US legalities. If I lived in a country where the punishment was way more severe than the US, my concerns would go up exponentially and it would be way more uncomfortable. I can relate.

As @Abysmal Vapor mentioned....I would like to hear more about the laws in other countries and the experience non-US citizens can speak to.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
If I lived in a really draconian state or country I would be very uncomfortable being here at all. I only started posting in here in 2014, after decriminalization began in my neck of the woods. It is only this year, after legalization, that I really became completely comfortable and safe talking about anything I want in this regard. I certainly understand the concern of @KeroZen and @Abysmal Vapor and others who feel that contributing puts them at legal risk, and that more direct discussion of "production" may put them at greater risk. Everyone must determine their own level of risk. I would hate to lose members due to this, not only because we lose their valuable input, but because this may be a place that they consider home and I consider them family members.
I don't doubt that my view is colored by the fact that I don't grow and am not likely to, so keeping these discussions elsewhere doesn't effect me as it might otherwise, but we are talking about making a change to a community that already exists, not starting a new one like the other place did. When you start a new community, rules and directions can be whatever you want them to be without driving away members already in the fold.

That being said, this is not a democracy, this is a private server and completely and (in my view) appropriately in control of its owners and mods and they can do whatever makes the most sense to them to satisfy their goals. We are all their guests. While the idea of using NewFC as a separate entity that could include topics missing here may be attractive to us, it would be a lot of effort and additional cost to @vtac and the mods and is probably asking too much. But they will likely have my support whatever they decide.

Would using a VPN solve the problems for the people who do not want to be traced? Back in the day, I used anon proxies to hide. I believe VPN's are the same thing. Perhaps not.
I used to feel the same way about coming to pot forums. I used a proxy ALWAYS when I visited ANY forum to do with pot. Now days, I figure the cops have bigger fish to fry than to see who's posting in internet forums. At least here, in the US.

His_Highness

Would using a VPN solve the problems for the people who do not want to be traced? Back in the day, I used anon proxies to hide. I believe VPN's are the same thing. Perhaps not.
I used to feel the same way about coming to pot forums. I used a proxy ALWAYS when I visited ANY forum to do with pot. Now days, I figure the cops have bigger fish to fry than to see who's posting in internet forums. At least here, in the US.

Using a VPN would solve the problem as long as the country you're in doesn't ban them. My understanding is that China bans the use of non-approved VPNs and if it's approved it's because they can monitor and/or control it.

I don't know where the concerned non-US members are located but a VPN sounds like a possible solution. I'd want a premium VPN so there would be some cost involved.

His_Highness,
Reactions: Summer

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
A VPN should work if they can get away with it. The problem is that the use of a VPN signals that there is a reason to hide, and that may be all that is necessary to get further and more direct scrutiny. One may have a legal privacy argument to make here, but in other places not so much...

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Practically every post ever made on a grow forum in the last 20 years occurred in an area under major prohibition. These risks have always existed.

Things have only just recently started changing with the influx of state recreational and medical legalization, which in America is still federally illegal since cannabis “has no medicinal value.”
Hey,man ! I am sure you would agree that internet is not the place it once was. I admit that it once felt safer and also i was less careful,but with the things i know now,i cannot lay rest with that. Also robots are getting smarter and cheaper,you can see a few atm cataloguing the forum content https://fuckcombustion.com/online/ . Things are only getting better in the US because you grow in numbers and it is not wise to stigmatize such a large group of people. Prohibition serves the interest of a few people as a bat against competition. You will rarely see big hits,they prefer to boost their statistic the easier and safer way.Salaries are pretty shitty in all sectors,so i can hardly imagine someone to go against the equivalent of ""Yakudza"" for that money,lol.
@Hackerman hit the nail on the head with the phrase "having bigger fish to fry",there is a lot of fish on your side of the ocean.Here we are a minority ,which is vastly stigmatized not only by government but also a society.
@C No Ego You wont even believe the nonsence happening here. There are saliva drug tests for drivers that can detect usage up to 5 days after consumption(DrugcheckXXXX). Of course a debate appeared if the driver is actually under the influence 5 day after use ,so they decided to deal with it by changing the text from "under the influence" to ""after use "".The tests are so sensitive that you can get in trouble if you kiss a girl that has used recently,lol...The penalty is up to 2 years prison,5000 euro and 5 years without licence and you will have to pass 5 random blood tests during that time in order to get it back,also confiscation of the vehicle ,even if it is a company car or someone else's,the person who provided the car also gets prosecuted for it. The prohibition is there to serve the people who benefit from the black market,and CBD licenses are given only to chosen few and you have to be a millionaire/corporation and very well connected . I can go on about how grim things are here,but the tendency is that it is getting only worse. There are a lot of fatal traffic incidents with people that test positive for drugs and there is a debate to further increase penalties,it is a mystery how many of those were actually under the influence.Also there is a certain pharmacetical used for corona and malaria - chlorochin that can give a false positive for forbidden substances.
@His_Highness I agree VPNs are somewhat good idea,but only paid ones are good enough and as @cybrguy mentions nothing is bulletproof.
Do you know that Russia has all the internet traffic bypassed trough goverment servers ?Which means they monitor everything..,i heard it is the same in China... I hope that isnt the future for the rest of the World.. It is not a wonder blockchains and encryption software rea becomming more and more popular..,as did proxies and vpn's back in the days.. It almost feels that one day everyone's privacy will rely on his virtual enigma device, like those used by the Nazi's. It is already becomming a standart in some fields of the industry/corporations.
Enigma_%28crittografia%29_-_Museo_scienza_e_tecnologia_Milano.jpg

Last edited:

Baron23

I guess I'm a bit confused. I get it that in some countries (didn't someone mention Romania???) growing is VERY illegal and so may be one's presence on a site that includes grow information.

But isn't extraction also VERY illegal in those countries and so may be one's presence on a site that includes extraction discussion?

And, isn't paraphernalia also VERY illegal in those countries and so may be one's presence on a site that includes discussion of vapes, grinders, dab tools, etc, etc, etc.

I'm sure I'm not fully understanding but it seems like in such countries, people are at risk for almost any FC content.

C No Ego

Not even sure why I posted here = I fuckckinghate that shit of an idea that peole can be incarcaerated for touching nature ... back to understanding biology and the endocannabinoid system .. fuck politics and stupid controling people willing to ruin you life because pl;ants are involved ,,,. What in the fucking worlds

C No Ego,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Edited.: NVM i wasted a lot of words again.
... I advise to look at the facts and google stuff before you make assumptions of what is ok where and for who..,you are right that you are confused on the subject.There were things covered in previous posts,but stuff about laws is also easy to find on wikipedia. I was thinking here were are trying to figure out a format that works if not for everyone ,then for most people. Are you trying to say that cause we are fucked by the law system ,we shouldnt mind entering a much hier tier of danger?
We have expressed our concerns and if they dont see legit to you,it is because you are not on this side of the pond neither informed of things around here.
This is my last contribution to this debate. From this point it is up to the mods to decide,they are well aware already of all sides of the problem.
Here is the aromed booklet ,which describes beneficial botanicals you can use with it. Vaporizers are meant for phytoinhalation.

Last edited:
Abysmal Vapor,

ginolicious

I guess I'm a bit confused. I get it that in some countries (didn't someone mention Romania???) growing is VERY illegal and so may be one's presence on a site that includes grow information.

But isn't extraction also VERY illegal in those countries and so may be one's presence on a site that includes extraction discussion?

And, isn't paraphernalia also VERY illegal in those countries and so may be one's presence on a site that includes discussion of vapes, grinders, dab tools, etc, etc, etc.

I'm sure I'm not fully understanding but it seems like in such countries, people are at risk for almost any FC content.

I completely agree with everything said there. Any one from any country can be at risk depending on what is very illegal dabs. Pot. Bongs. Growing. It’s all different country by country.

ginolicious,
Reactions: CarolKing

His_Highness

There doesn't seem to be a question that there are members who are in risky countries. Hell....the US is still a risky country for some. It's the severity of the punishment and the effort the risky geographical location is willing to expend to locate users that is at the heart of all this. The following questions might shed some light on how big the problem really is in terms of FC members but....... this is all up to the mods to decide and we all agreed "Public discussions of staff decisions are not permitted on the site". Get it while it's hot folks......

How big is the affected population?

How many members are in risky countries?

Of those in risky countries how many have laws that would be considered severe?

How many members that are in risky countries ARE frequenting NFC?

How many members that are in risky countries CEASED frequenting NFC when they became aware of the cultivation forum?

Baron23

Edited.: NVM i wasted a lot of words again.
... I advise to look at the facts and google stuff before you make assumptions of what is ok where and for who..,you are right that you are confused on the subject.There were things covered in previous posts,but stuff about laws is also easy to find on wikipedia. I was thinking here were are trying to figure out a format that works if not for everyone ,then for most people. Are you trying to say that cause we are fucked by the law system ,we shouldnt mind entering a much hier tier of danger?
We have expressed our concerns and if they dont see legit to you,it is because you are not on this side of the pond neither informed of things around here.
This is my last contribution to this debate. From this point it is up to the mods to decide,they are well aware already of all sides of the problem.
Here is the aromed booklet ,which describes beneficial botanicals you can use with it. Vaporizers are meant for phytoinhalation.
Oh FFS, get over yourself. There was nothing at all assertive or aggressive in my post at all nor did it contain any of the words you tried to put in my mouth....unlike your aggressive and assertive post, above.

I said what I said, it was worded politely and if I wanted to say ANY of the things you read into my post, I would have fucking typed it in plain damn English as I have some degree of mastery of that language and I'm not fearful of using it.

Goodby.

Baron23

Just to be clear.... @Abysmal Vapor and I are on great terms and what the hell, we all have a bad moment now and then and it seems like more now with all of the anxiety and fraught things going on in the world today (and certainly in my country).

Just wanted to close off any potential further discussion of this little dust up...just a little tempest in a tea pot, he and I have great "bro love" (LOL), and all is good.

Cheer

Baron23,
Reactions: Ramahs

djurodjakovic

I stil didn't receive the confirmation email on newFC so I can't browse the forum there.
If anyone can give some info about this...

djurodjakovic,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I stil didn't receive the confirmation email on newFC so I can't browse the forum there.
If anyone can give some info about this...
You should be able to browse the forum, just not post to it until you can log in.

cybrguy,

.brew

I don't understand why it's part of the new forum. It doesn't have any specific linkage to our forum's topics of discussion other than being tangentially related. It's the same relationship people who vape have with cars--some of us use both vapes and cars. That wouldn't create a need for a sub-forum of in-depth discussion of our vehicles.

I've lived through prohibition and we still had copious amounts of that kind of information on content-specific sites. Those sites still exist and I don't understand the appeal of trying to recreate the corpus of literature and discussions regarding that here. I think we should remain the best at what we do and leave others to remain best at what they do.

Top Bottom