Aahaa; got busted by my sister

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
I think it's funny because she's been aware for 3-4 years that I use pot. She's been dropping by my house every day to make sure that it's clean (I'm sellling it, and I'm the older brother fuckup :D who can't be relied upon to do smart things :cool: ).

She's very anti pot and says 'You smoke that in the house and you can tell for a month'.

So she comes by today to make sure that I and the dogs have not descended into anarchy (I'm on holidays for a month and she probably doesn't think that I can be trusted :uhoh: ). She's checking through the house and says 'This room smells like a skunk'. Uh-oh; I wasn't quite fast enough to stop her from going into another room and she found an oz of some kind of Diesel sitting on a desk.

She really disapproves, so there was a tense moment. But, because I am the older brother fuckup it was ignored. I've never been one to get upset by stuff like this, so I just told my sis that I'm smoking/vaping in the garage, and not the house.

Tom

(eh; by my own admission I daydream a lot....thats about it)

tdavie,

Vaporisateur

Senior Marijuanist
Do you think she believe you when you said only in the garage? lol Anyway, it's your house, can't you just do whatever you want in it?

Vaporisateur,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
:lol: What I think is the funniest about this is that no matter what age we are, we still get uptight when we are "busted" by people who disapprove. I have one friend that doesn't know. One. And it puts me into a total panic if she stops by unannounced. I'm running around putting things away and spraying shit into the air......

You'd think at my age I'd just say fuck it. :rolleyes:

momofthegoons,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
ROFL! I'm with Mom! Same damn thing. I hate having to hide or lie...would be nice to just come out of the closet so to speak :)

Meh Tom! It is nice that she checks up on you and all but I feel your pain. Like having a babysitter lol.

Lo,

VWFringe

Naruto Fan
that's a lot of family dynamic to share with the group, lol
thanks, tom,
i don't feel so all alone somehow, haha

VWFringe,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
Vaporisateur said:
Do you think she believe you when you said only in the garage? lol Anyway, it's your house, can't you just do whatever you want in it?

Yep, it's my house and I can do whatever I want in it, but it has gone on the market for sale, and she does mean well....probably thinks it's going to depress the value of the house.

Tom

tdavie,

Vaporisateur

Senior Marijuanist
tdavie said:
Vaporisateur said:

Yep, it's my house and I can do whatever I want in it, but it has gone on the market for sale, and she does mean well....probably thinks it's going to depress the value of the house.

Tom

Oh well, in that sense yeah.

Vaporisateur,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
VWFringe said:
that's a lot of family dynamic to share with the group, lol
thanks, tom,
i don't feel so all alone somehow, haha

Nah man, the secrecy abounds. My sis pretends that her daughter doesn't smoke, my brother in law ignores it and I certainly don't tell. And any pot usage is hidden from surviving parents, uncles and aunts :rolleyes:

Tom

tdavie,

VWFringe

Naruto Fan
we can dream of a day when it's thought of like wine, but it's not gonna happen until our kids time i'm afraid

until then we're junkies to some, and so shrouded in suspicion to all...your poor sister. haha

VWFringe,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
It should be thought of as better, safer, and healthier than wine. That's the most annoying part. Even asking for that makes certain people crazy..

aesthyrian,

weedemon

enthusiast
Sorry to hear that man, It is funny to hear that you members with more seniority than I still do the mad cleanup when company is coming over and gotta keep it in the closet. With the laws the way they are though I can totally understand.

my younger sister doesn't approve either, but i vape in front of her. she is just glad that i vape only and quit smoking.

i also get the gears when i go home to my folks to visit, and it stink up the basement by opening up my jars to bust and step outside to have a session.

overall she has become much more tolerant. I remember about 8-9 years ago i showed her my hand pipe and tried to explain pot to her and she ended up in tears. (she is a god fearing christian and was worried i'm going to hell haha)

im really glad to see she has toned religion down a lot and become a lot more tolerant.

weedemon,

Raf007

Retailer
I am lobbying my circles since I am 16, I am 30 now, and since I am in my twenties I can toke within the familly circle. He took me some sweat and lots of talks but I did it.

I think it really is a matter of educating them, and we are all partly responsible for the people wrong education about pot.
For example in my family they all tought it was dangerous 15 years ago, now they are all convinced that is not harmfull but that the danger comes from the end user as with any product.

ImHo it is OUR duty to promote our love. Therefore unless I could loose much (like my job or something like that) I am always advocating MJ in public and never ever hide my beautiful habbit :) Moreover hiding is letting them think that they are right about it and that we are so shamefull that we do not stand our grounds.

Raf007,

crawdad

floatin
Raf007 said:
ImHo it is OUR duty to promote our love. Therefore unless I could loose much (like my job or something like that) I am always advocating MJ in public and never ever hide my beautiful habbit :) Moreover hiding is letting them think that they are right about it and that we are so shamefull that we do not stand our grounds.

vape on!

crawdad,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
@Raf007;

I try and educate people when and as the situation allows. Sometimes there is resistance (my federally elected member of parliament supports mandatory minimum sentencing for growing as few as 5 marijuana plants ), and sometimes people are surprisingly receptive (the five closest family members to me have no problem with me using....all of them have used....and one of them currently uses more than I)

The worst problem I encounter is just sheer misinformation; thats the overwhelming part to deal with.

But yeah Raf, I try.

Tom

tdavie,

Raf007

Retailer
Do or do not....there is no try :D

Joke aside, the misinformation is also what I encounter most of the time, and people think you're a lyer or that you've been like "manipulated" by the plant ^^ And it IS overwhelming and exhausting some time.

Raf007,

crawdad

floatin
what is worse is that if you do take the plunge and attempt to educate you might end up with a problem, that fact alone is what typically keeps me from saying much, but i do on occasion anyhow.

i believe the people who are receptive to hearing about it are not the ones we should be opening up to...honestly, change will happen once everyone takes a toke for themselves and makes up their own mind....to a point, without that all we are doing is propaganda. its really hard for someone to just be TOLD about this, experiencing it will remove any doubt.

Raf, id say the plant does manipulate your mind, so they are right to say that. to attempt to invalidate that point would make you seem less believable. we all should remain open, them, us...the others? lol

bottom line for me is this....its a plant, a natural living thing, its so messed up how our society has chosen lines of social acceptance for us. sorry, im likely way OT here.

i love this quote from Aldous Huxley, seems somewhat fitting to me so here it is :

"If we could sniff or swallow something that would, for five or six hours each day, abolish our solitude as individuals, atone us with our fellows in a glowing exaltation of affection and make life in all its aspects seem not only worth living, but divinely beautiful and significant, and if this heavenly, world-transfiguring drug were of such a kind that we could wake up next morning with a clear head and an undamaged constitution-then, it seems to me, all our problems (and not merely the one small problem of discovering a novel pleasure) would be wholly solved and earth would become paradise."

so, with that....they need to toke up, then we can talk.

rzxE0.gif

crawdad,

Raf007

Retailer
Crawdad, I guess it really is a matter of perspective.
From my angle of our prism of reality this plant does not manipulate my mind. It certainly may do/enhance some things, but that's it. I do agree about remaining open though, and it's what should lead people to see the non real danger of that plant.
Also wanted to add that it's sometime possible to open up ones non receptive mind. It takes more time but I saw it happen several times... So let's keep doing it ;)

Nice quote from Aldous, but would it be possible that he only saw part of the reality by failing to see it?
Because isn't the goal of spirituality to open your mind so you can grasp the beauty of the world without having to swallow or sniff anything ?

I guess the substances that exist today (not the imaginary one he is talking about) give you only a glance of what one could feel if they choose the hard and long path of spirituality.

Raf007,

crawdad

floatin
no matter what you sniff, ingest, inhale or experience...its always your mind, i agree. i think it can be altered (a view changed, and sometimes those views remain out of session) but, its always still just your mind. so, i think we agree but perhaps saying it in different ways. or...maybe not...lol.

he was not referring to an imaginary substance, read doors of perception...in that line i believe he was speaking from a hope that could one day be realized. its clearly one mans perspective on a trip of the mind, viewing the world from a new angle, but its an enlightening read imho.

\\//

crawdad,

Raf007

Retailer
Yes I think we kind of agree. It was really just the word 'manipulate' that pushed me.

Yes, it is always enlightening in a way to read that kind of stuff. I really look forward for more R&D on these substances. Eventhow they may be dangerous for some (but that's another subject ;) ).

Raf007,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
I got an offer on the house, accepted it. It then had to pass a government mandated inspection (in Canada we have something called CMHC to help first time buyers/lower income buyers. You get certain % rates on your mortgage, have to deal with certain banks, etc). You avoid CMHC if you put down 20% of the value of the house. The reason you have to have an inspection is because if the government is 'helping' with your mortgage, they want proof thast the house is in good condition.

So after passing the inspection (that was nervewracking because I had to move my entire stash and set of gear into the trunk of my car), I just waited for the buyer's financing to line up (thats another th9ing about buying a house in Canada; you can have a mortgage pre approved for a certain amount, but before the bank signs off on any prospective sale they have the right to compare what they are lending .vs. what is being purchased), and my house is sold.

So I'm celebrating by declaring MJ to be legal inside of my house from now until I move.

Come to think of it, I declare MJ to be legal in my new house in perpetuity.

Tom

tdavie,
Top Bottom