A.P.E. Vape Desktop

PaperClouds

From the website...
"The Absolute Pure Extraction Vaporizer, or A.P.E. Vape for short, is a revolutionary vaporization device that employs the use of a traditional water pipe as a filtration and delivery system. Most vaporizer manufacturers have ignored the time-tested cooling properties of a water pipe, and leaving the user with an inefficient bag or tube for inhalation."

The website:
http://www.apevape.com/index.html

Apparently the heating is controlled by a computer and is made to be used with a GonG attachment.

Ape-Vape.jpg

PaperClouds,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
The nano version looks interesting, but I would like to know the actual materials used in and around the heating element.

aesthyrian,

al bundy

Vaporist
check this link
http://www.apevape.com/tech/tech.html
APE Vape Technology
All APE Vape Vaporizers utilize our unique heating unit technology. The heating unit of APE Vape Vaporizers heats the air used for the vaporization process. As a user inhales through the system, air is drawn into the heating unit. This air is then forced past a halogen light that warms it like an oven would. After passing the halogen light, the air is drawn through a series of diffusers that mix it to ensure its temperature is the same throughout. Just before the air is drawn down onto the substance being vaporized, an accurate temperature reading is taken with an accurate temperature sensor.

By utilizing an advanced 20Mhz microprocessor, APE Vape Vaporizers are able to take thousands of air temperature measurements each second. These microprocessors are running intelligent software able to analyze the temperature readings, and in response adjust the temperature of the air thousands of times per second. This ensures that the temperature of the air being used to vaporize a substance stays consistant throughout the entire process. In order to ensure absolutely pure vapors are extracted in the most efficient and desirable manner possible, the temperature of the air must maintain this level of accuracy.

Many inexpensive vaporizers have no way of adjusting the temperature of airflow in real time without the user constantly fiddling with knobs or buttons. The temperature of air flowing through these other vaporizers changes significantly during usage. This means that the vaporizer is consistently too cold and not extracting efficiently, or too hot and producing or extracting unwanted substances. APE Vape Vaporizers automatically detect when the system is in use, and utilize their split-second reaction time to quickly raise the temperature of the air, and maintain that desired temperature within a very small range as a user inhales vapors.

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Yep, this one's been around for a while. It has been mentioned here a bunch of times and there is a Herborizer & Ape Vape Reviews thread. Can't find a dedicated thread, so let's make this thread it.

Here are some pics and quick impressions from the previously mentioned thread:
Hey everybody sorry it took me so long to get around to it, but I have just been really busy. I have had an APE vape for a couple of months now, and have been loving it. This thing has been getting me sooo ripped everyday, and I have been loving vaporizing. I had a Vapor Brothers unit like four years ago, but it just didn't work that well so I had gone back to smoking. Some of my friends had Volcanoes and swore by them, but I just hated using the plastic bag. I have some beautiful glass work that I could not stop using so I decided to get an APE and convert them to Vapor bongs.

Pros: This unit seems to have very accurate temperature regulation, and produces very dense and consistent clouds of vapor. It tastes awesome, and doesn't get that burnt popcorn taste I remember from my vapor brothers unit. I love the large bowl size because I can either do tiny bowls around 0.1 or huge ones with several Gs.

Cons: The all metal cable is a little too heavy duty, and sometimes moves the computer around. Also, when using with a large group of people you have to be careful not to get the cable twisted up when passing it around a circle. The unit is also a little pricey, but well worth it in my opinion.

Overall, I am very happy with my system, and I always looking forward to using it. I would highly recommend it to anyone that is fed up with using bags and tubes to inhale through.

I posted a video on youtube of the system during use. Here is a link

Sorry the quality is not the best. I was filming myself with a cell phone camera. Here are a few close-up pictures to help you get a better idea of what it looks like.

vtac,
Top Bottom