5DD (all-glass torch-powered)

Glorg

The last I’ve seen on this being posted on the “herbaltherm” Instagram was about it being cancelled and no plans of future vapes but the posts are removed now so I don’t know the status. Weird stuff all around imo. Dude seems to have a ton of random accounts and some private so not 100% but it was up the other day.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
@Abysmal Vapor lol, the outer glass is identical. Where did you get that picture?

@Glorg I was blocked from all the accounts
Wayback machine makes wonders if you have some info from your head to feed into it .. I am very suprised myself, at times i feel like a vaporizer encylopedia ,lol.

Last edited:

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
Ah Bosem thanks for years of friendship and months of testing the glass gap heater technology starting with the 1MT at the start of the year.

Yep, the cap has a twist and pull lock that helps prevent hot cap accidents. Initial concepts utilized a "kegg clip" type method to secure the parts and I just felt this to look kinda clunky and I really wanted to catch a vapcap vibe thus the flat top. The lock features are sensitive to small changes in size so caps and stems are sorted and then each cap is hand fit to a stem. Hopefully the TRollWW will stay quite and the owners of the initial 5DDs like Bosem can speak to the crisp, clean herbal infusions that the 5DD is capable of with proper technique. This glass gap heater technology really has some promise imo so I am excited to get them into more hands.

Anyway hoping to ignite a flame in this pile of wet leaves that now is this industry over the next few weeks so stay tuned to the www and IG for the official HT chatter and sign-up for the news letter on HT.com.

There are some admittedly bad videos of the 5DD on the HerbalTherm YouTube ... overview vid below

...and I am flattered by anyone what is inspired by the twist lock or any of my creations in the past life as RBT :) Ideas are free and the work is in the making so support all us makers! Jah bless all that utilize their gifts to create things for the world. In fact, if you want to be a maker there might even be maker videos on the old RBT LubeTube if ya feel froggy... jump! My experience working with Unklmark and KGwoodcrafts over the years proved to me that collaborative synergy serves the community better than adversity so let talkers talk while the walkers walk.

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
I also just got two 5DD's, one with a cooling stem and one with a straight stem. Can't help but support Ryan, as others have said, he has put out some of the best convection vapes to ever hit the market. The dude has always taken good care of me.

Have not had a ton of time to test yet and although i really need to dial things in, first impression is huge heavy signature rips off a tiny load.

this isn't my first dance with a predominately or all glass torch powered vape that combines mostly conduction extraction with some level of convection and radiant heating.... Clear Dome Flame Filter, Peace, Vaponic, i think i may be missing one. The concept itself certainly has been around for some time in the industry. Sure as hell no one on this thread invented the concept...

This one does feels a little different. It feels artisan. The glass is extremally thick, i think it would survive a short fall. The cap lock system is not perfect, but works as intended. I have been getting extremally deep extraction, with no need to stir. Can get terp hit with low temp, or one hit DEEP extraction. Still trying to dial in, but i can certainly say already the 5DD has the capability of being a really versatile and fun to use vape...

cheers all. i need to torch another few loads.

gingerbier

Space Ranger
Still using my beta daily, about four months. It's my preferred taste test/flavor device, which is becoming more important with the expansion of the local market. Survived a couple drops, nothing like what Ryan was doing in the testing, but I've seen things break from lesser falls. Other similar devices all look cheap and unlikely to survive similar drops.

I've been using the same technique with the same torch, a Blazer Firefox, for a while. 50 seconds of heat followed by waiting ten to let it even out. I use a dab timer app to simplify the process. One big draw or two smaller ones. Leaves me with dark brown ABV. Basically, the performance of an Anvil with better flavor and an adjustable bowl.

The thing I keep coming back to is the flavor. There's no portable on par with it, maybe only halogen desktops are close IMO.

shizoman

Looks interesting. I'd like to try one, but there are no shipping options to EU.

shizoman,

J.R. Bob Dobbs

Hey @Unklmark68 how is the 5dd/Wand combo working? Did you disassemble one of the useless ispire flower buckets to make this or just use some metal you had laying around? How much time does the wand need to heat up the 5dd?

J.R. Bob Dobbs,
Top Bottom