5DD (all-glass torch-powered)

Vapouristo

Vapouristo Extraordinaire IG: @Vapouristo
Company Rep
The 5DD is a portable glass "vapcap-like" herbal warmer with a large load size, adjustable hybrid heating, high flow, and 14 mm compatibility. Heat it for 10-20 seconds (depending on your torch), let the heat soak in for a couple of seconds and take a massive rip through this all-glass beast! Check out @ryan_rastabuddhatao on Instagram!!!!

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
Ryan produced some of the best convection vapes on the market. I have no bad blood with Ryan, and I hope he is successful in all he does.

This vape is a dimpled glass tube with a glass cap.

I am afraid I can't get excited about this. To me it feels like the only vape he can produce in his situation. Ryan lives in a trailer (nothing wrong with that) and does not have access to a workshop. He can fit some glass working gear in the back of his pickup. It just feels like a bit of a cash cow.

An anvil or vapcap does the same thing but is not breakable.

Please try and convince me I am wrong.

Edit: what @Unklmark68 is producing these days is really exciting. I wish Ryan would mass produce some of @Unklmark68 ideas and ship them internationally.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Ryan produced some of the best convection vapes on the market. I have no bad blood with Ryan, and I hope he is successful in all he does.

This vape is a dimpled glass tube with a glass cap.

I am afraid I can't get excited about this. To me it feels like the only vape he can produce in his situation. Ryan lives in a trailer (nothing wrong with that) and does not have access to a workshop. He can fit some glass working gear in the back of his pickup. It just feels like a bit of a cash cow.

An anvil or vapcap does the same thing but is not breakable.

Please try and convince me I am wrong.

Edit: what @Unklmark68 is producing these days is really exciting. I wish Ryan would mass produce some of @Unklmark68 ideas and ship them internationally.
Is it like this one :D :D :D
btw I am not sure if one can fit a glass kiln in a trailer and power it . Skipping the annealing phase is dangerous,maybe he uses a third party for the process.

Last edited:

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
btw I am not sure if one can fit a glass kiln in a trailer and power it . Skipping the annealing phase is dangerous,maybe he uses a third party for the process.
No kiln involved, just a big blow torch. The starting product is glass tubing.

oddjobold,
Reactions: BigJr48

Abysmal Vapor

No kiln involved, just a big blow torch. The starting product is glass tubing.
Let's hope it is not the case.You can ask any glass blower this is dangerous for the user. Any melting of glass and bending induces stress,which can result of it cracking while in use at any point. Annealing is a must !
Inadequately annealed glass is likely to crack or shatter when subjected to relatively small temperature changes or to mechanical shock or stress. It even may fail spontaneously.

Last edited:

gingerbier

Space Ranger
Ryan has a kiln nearby that he's renting for annealing, per his IG stream. He detailed the process of moving the pieces in a heated blanket, but did not demonstrate.

Abysmal Vapor

Ryan has a kiln nearby that he's renting for annealing, per his IG stream. He detailed the process of moving the pieces in a heated blanket, but did not demonstrate.
Yeah ,it sounded really strange, couldnt imagine someone doing it without kiln,he is kind of doing the same thing that i do .. Even with a kiln you got be careful to calculate annealing time,i am too much of a noob,so i leave it to the pros at a university glass studio to handle it :).
Do you have any pics of the concept ? Is it like the one from TRWW,i posted above ?

gingerbier

Space Ranger
Yeah ,it sounded really strange, couldnt imagine someone doing it without kiln,he is kind of doing the same thing that i do .. Even with a kiln you got be careful to calculate annealing time,i am too much of a noob,so i leave it to the pros at a university glass studio to handle it :).
Do you have any pics of the concept ? Is it like the one from TRWW,i posted above ?

It is very similar to the TRWW device, but the glass on this looks thicker to me. Here's a vid of me going through a round.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

Screenshot-20220502-155510.png

It is very similar to the TRWW device, but the glass on this looks thicker to me. Here's a vid of me going through a round.

Nice, thank you for sharing! (and btw it is me who corrects everyone who calls the cooling indentations nipples, they can be referred to as dimples or spikes or indents, but the term nipples is just totally inaccurate to describe them imo and not only that when you search nothing comes up that way, so it is not the accurate standard term and I think everyone who uses it is technically mistaken):2c:;):mental:

Abysmal Vapor

Screenshot-20220502-155510.png

Nice, thank you for sharing! (and btw it is me who corrects everyone who calls the cooling indentations nipples, they can be referred to as dimples or spikes or indents, but the term nipples is just totally inaccurate to describe them imo and not only that when you search nothing comes up that way, so it is not the accurate standard term and I think everyone who uses it is technically mistaken):2c:;):mental:
Looks a bit beta to me ,TRWW work is much cleaner,and also the handles looks super cool too .BTW I also consider them dimples, bit imagine you are inside the stem and they are instantly turned to nipples/ mini boobs ,lol.

Shit Snacks

Looks a bit beta to me ,TRWW work is much cleaner,and also the handles looks super cool too

Well, it is, these are prototype units he sent to beta testers? I don't know about final product or potential changes, there is also something to heat up with an enail sandcastle style?? Rogue has more experience with these glass vapes now I think, and he has a more proper setup working space I believe, so that certainly makes sense... No competition really:rofl:

BTW I also consider them dimples, bit imagine you are inside the stem and they are instantly turned to nipples/ mini boobs ,lol.

Hahaha yes, but turned to spikes then, as nipples are porous, you could call a certain mouthpiece itself nippled if it has a taper like that, but the cooling stems are incorporating indented dimples by definition of course :tup:

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Looks a bit beta to me ,TRWW work is much cleaner,and also the handles looks super cool too .
Probably off topic for this thread but I find the handle crucial for using the TRWW glass cap. You can spin the cap easily and keep the lower chamber fixed. So you can use it simply on a hook or water piece, even clipped in. I should probably go post my thoughts over in that thread anyway.😃

Abysmal Vapor

here is also something to heat up with an enail sandcastle style??
Yeah it has been done with a banger cup and a male to male joint. It works for sure and deliver nice hits. I am enjoying something similar for a couple of years. I called it the Quartzonic,it is basicly like TRWW version, 14mm stem with a quartz test tube,doesnt really even require flame work,lol.
IMO dimples are excessive when you use water filtration,so i havent bothered.

Arawfish

Green Thumb
So is the estimated retail on these going to be $150usd? If so it’s not worth even looking at. Compared to what trww is charging for a similar (but clearly a bit different) vape I think the choice is clear.

Shit Snacks

So is the estimated retail on these going to be $150usd? If so it’s not worth even looking at. Compared to what trww is charging for a similar (but clearly a bit different) vape I think the choice is clear.

I don't think there was ever a choice, they were different, and this was sold sort of pre-order to people that were interested following on Instagram, seems like it's already over due to the lack of demand...

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: BigJr48

Arawfish

Green Thumb
I don't think there was ever a choice, they were different, and this was sold sort of pre-order to people that were interested following on Instagram, seems like it's already over due to the lack of demand...
Yeah I thought about getting in on that preorder when it was like 100 bucks. I like the aesthetic a lot though and I’ve seen it perform very nicely too. Price is just a little bit wild

Shit Snacks

Yeah I thought about getting in on that preorder when it was like 100 bucks. I like the aesthetic a lot though and I’ve seen it perform very nicely too. Price is just a little bit wild

Yeah I don't know, I was really never interested in this type of vape, so even a low price didn't really make it appealing to me

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
Yes, this is EXACTLY like mine because it is my design. I showed it to Ryan prior to and then on his live feed and a week later he was making one. This ended our friendship.

Here is the first video I posted

https://www.reddit.com/r/vaporents/comments/u2w9vd
I sent him the link and here was his response:

20220425-141420.jpg

Screenshot-20220425-141104-Instagram.jpg

No mention of, "oh, Im making a very similar device"

@Abysmal Vapor I'm definitely not saying I invented anything new. I just thought of a glass Vapcap and a Vaponic. Its funny that you mentioned Quartz test tubes. I have an order of them coming, lol. I'm going to offer both the Glass Cap and Quartz Cap with the stem for around $30
To me it feels like the only vape he can produce in his situation. Ryan lives in a trailer (nothing wrong with that) and does not have access to a workshop. He can fit some glass working gear in the back of his pickup. It just feels like a bit of a cash cow.

You hit the nail on the head!!

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
Yes, this is EXACTLY like mine because it is my design. I showed it to Ryan prior to and then on his live feed and a week later he was making one. This ended our friendship.

Here is the first video I posted

https://www.reddit.com/r/vaporents/comments/u2w9vd
I sent him the link and here was his response:

20220425-141420.jpg

Screenshot-20220425-141104-Instagram.jpg

No mention of, "oh, Im making a very similar device"

@Abysmal Vapor I'm definitely not saying I invented anything new. I just thought of a glass Vapcap and a Vaponic. Its funny that you mentioned Quartz test tubes. I have an order of them coming, lol. I'm going to offer both the Glass Cap and Quartz Cap with the stem for around $30

You hit the nail on the head!!

And for $150?? One drop and it's all over. No way.

The only way this would be worth trying is if it was dirt cheap.

This is from the man that produced some of the best convection vapes on the market. Such a shame. I miss those days.

If he continued making the kinda vapes @Unklmark68 does but mass produced, and international he would be on to a winner.

At least he did not end up stealing money and making tables.

Abysmal Vapor

@RogueGuy Yeah quartz test tubes FTW,mine are long enough just to rotate the testube with fingers and not get burned :).
Actually just used it . I like the simplicity of it, and because it doesnt require any cutting or flame work, just install a screen and it works ,lol.. costs about 12$
Dont waste your time in negative emoitions is my advice. You are mainly offened cause you have considered him friend and it is twice as bitter. If the guy that invented the testube had bothered with such feeling he would probably never would invented it in the first place,lol..
I am not making sense,too stoned.. Peace !

Abysmal Vapor

@Abysmal Vapor im thinking of adding a dimple but otherwise I will leave them unchanged.

Totally agree on not wasting energy on being mad. It was definitely that I thought we had a friendship and trust
Btw there were some guys from Israel that were knocking off the vapbong at the time of 2009.. It had side port on the glass some of your iterations.
15177.jpg

Top Bottom