510 vape

Antrim50

I would really like to find a small 510 vape that fits the following criteria:

- diameter of the body at its widest is max. 22mm (I want it to fit a side by side or cage mod
- works well for micro dosing, small hits
- doesn't hot spot or need stirring after each draw.
-ideally not wood

Does such a thing exist? I feel like the mistvape imp ticked some these boxes (wood aside)
Divine tribe seem to tick some boxes but have seen many mixed reviews.

I have a dreamwood glow 14 but not a fan for various reasons.

Feels a bit like the newer on demand convection vapes are putting paid to the 510 vapes

Antrim50,

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Welcome to FC. Yeah, your 510 wishlist is a great argument for the Tinymight. The smallest 510 devices are made of wood and only fit your preferred diameter if they don't have glass.

My favorite performer in the affordable 510 category is the Splinter V2 (now discontinued) and its not nearly as slim as you're imagining. A Splinter only fits in a side by side config on a rather brute force adapter that's likely not the tidy, portable build you're looking for.

You might try an iHeat on an Eleaf iStick Rim C. Again it's an all wood body with no glass to heat soak. I haven't used a glow but you can imagine something similar without a rebuildable coil.

The Divine Tribe 510s aren't great for flower from what I've read and the Herbie never amounted to much either by the looks of things.

The side by side as a holy grail is kind of a bullshit quest when you can get a new Tinymight for $259 shipped that brings all the power, versatility, and portability you envision without the Frankenstein improvisation required to make a 510 heater sit in a side-by-side config.

The other obvious candidate is a Tetra P80. It's the only elegant 510 side-by-side invention but sadly they cost around $350 and are only available by batch drops every few months that sell out in five minutes.

Antrim50

Welcome to FC. Yeah, your 510 wishlist is a great argument for the Tinymight. The smallest 510 devices are made of wood and only fit your preferred diameter if they don't have glass.

My favorite performer in the affordable 510 category is the Splinter V2 (now discontinued) and its not nearly as slim as you're imagining. A Splinter only fits in a side by side config on a rather brute force adapter that's likely not the tidy, portable build you're looking for.

You might try an iHeat on an Eleaf iStick Rim C. Again it's an all wood body with no glass to heat soak. I haven't used a glow but you can imagine something similar without a rebuildable coil.

The Divine Tribe 510s aren't great for flower from what I've read and the Herbie never amounted to much either by the looks of things.

The side by side as a holy grail is kind of a bullshit quest when you can get a new Tinymight for $259 shipped that brings all the power, versatility, and portability you envision without the Frankenstein improvisation required to make a 510 heater sit in a side-by-side config.

The other obvious candidate is a Tetra P80. It's the only elegant 510 side-by-side invention but sadly they cost around $350 and are only available by batch drops every few months that sell out in five minutes.
Reading this, I just know you're right. I spent so bloody long trying to make it work - with a succession of 510mods and other inferior vapes, and have now spent the same that I would have done had I just bought the TM.. ! I had my name down for a toad / nomad. But eventually gave up on that.

Thanks for clarifying it for me. I think I need to sit tight and get the TM at some point

Duba

Accessory Maker
I have a dreamwood glow 14 but not a fan for various reasons.
It would be interesting to know the reasons why you don't like the Glow 14 to guide you in a wise choice.
My Glow 18 is an integral part of my daily rotation and gives me excellent results (after a reasonable amount of time to adjust my technique).
Its performance helps me keep my VAS in check and curbs a compulsive purchase of the Tinymight. I prefer to wait for the Fw8.

Antrim50

It would be interesting to know the reasons why you don't like the Glow 14 to guide you in a wise choice.
My Glow 18 is an integral part of my daily rotation and gives me excellent results (after a reasonable amount of time to adjust my technique).
Its performance helps me keep my VAS in check and curbs a compulsive purchase of the Tinymight. I prefer to wait for the Fw8.
Thanks, that's a good question. Part of it is me being fussy.. I wanted something portable and discrete-ish. I can't help admitting the the form plays a part in the appeal for me. And the glow + stem + mod felt like a really odd Lego stack that didn't flow (stupid, but there it is). I wouldn't have minded this but I couldn't get it dialed in. No matter what combination of wattage / draw speed / air port I tried with advice from people, the results were mixed. Slow draw I nearly combusted, fast draw was like molten vapour. I'd get 1 good hit for every 6.

I didn't like the taste of the wooden stem, but i did like the glass.. but having to put o-rings on that would then come off each time I took out the stem was annoying.. as was the very uneven and big hotspots in the abv.

I wanted the same on demand taste and vapour production I can get from my Dynavap but in a portable, convenient, nice looking package.

Antrim50,
Reactions: bossman

Razhumikin

Thanks, that's a good question. Part of it is me being fussy.. I wanted something portable and discrete-ish. I can't help admitting the the form plays a part in the appeal for me. And the glow + stem + mod felt like a really odd Lego stack that didn't flow (stupid, but there it is). I wouldn't have minded this but I couldn't get it dialed in. No matter what combination of wattage / draw speed / air port I tried with advice from people, the results were mixed. Slow draw I nearly combusted, fast draw was like molten vapour. I'd get 1 good hit for every 6.

I didn't like the taste of the wooden stem, but i did like the glass.. but having to put o-rings on that would then come off each time I took out the stem was annoying.. as was the very uneven and big hotspots in the abv.

I wanted the same on demand taste and vapour production I can get from my Dynavap but in a portable, convenient, nice looking package.
That sounds honestly like you just need a more attractive mod and better 510 unit. On the mod front if you can find a p80, thats the most attractive af-capable mod imo, but the cb80 is nice looking too and easily accesible. As for 510s, my favorite is the iheat, which is wood construction but its tiny, glassless (good for durability), and it has an incredible heater. When using a glass stem i have no wood taste with it either.

Last edited:

Antrim50

That sounds honestly like you just need a more attractive mod and better 510 unit. On the mod front if you can find a p80, thats the most attractive af-capable mod imo, but the cb80 is nice looking too and easily accesible. As for 510s, my favorite is the iheat, which is wood construction but its tiny, glassless (good for durability), and it has an incredible heater. When using a glass stem i have no wood taste with it either.
This makes sense. Where can you find the i-heat?

Just been reading up on the firewood. This maybe more what I'm after. But I've been put off by the hassle of buying.

Antrim50,

Antrim50

Information on the iheat and how to order is available at the toasty-top website
Thank you. 👍🏻

This is not a convection vape but hybrid with much more conduction. It is a beast, on demand, easy to use, very discreet and versatile. I recommend it if you can get one
Understood. And looking at the site and reviews, it sounds like you need hybrid to get the full roast and avoid hot spots.

Antrim50,

Hippie

If you have a few bits n pieces to mix n match with, you might find some inspiration to piece your own together in the DiY section.
These 2 are a good place to start
The Bulli
The Project

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Understood. And looking at the site and reviews, it sounds like you need hybrid to get the full roast and avoid hot spots.

The iHeat doesn't address your (or at least my) portability preference: like the Splinter, Tetra, and Glow it's gonna be a stack of mod, heater, and stem where the stem isn't connected and ideally gets carried separately until you're ready to use it.

The Firewood7 on the other hand is even more portable than the TM and a terrific performer. You have to be on point to catch a Sunday drop but it's not as much of an ordeal as the Tetra drops (and again the Tetra isn't something you load and just throw in your pocket since the ground glass joint makes it much more fragile).

I always say get the TM first because you can just buy it. The TM's dial makes it more versatile than the single button on the FW7 (at least the three presets are adjustable). Whenever you manage to buy a FW7 you can sell either or both for the same price as new in less than a few hours on reddit or a few days in the classifieds.

Oh and I'd disregard all comments about waiting for a FW8: by definition it's only someone who doesn't own a FW7 saying that and there is zero chance any Firewood7 owners experience regrets or fomo for any feetures or performance changes. To a person everyone is just happy they got one because the results are so impressive and consistent.

The FW7's retractable hula stem is a better native solution than the stainless cooling unit in the TM short stem. I still use my TM much more because the convection vapor is what I like while the FW7's added conduction is more stony and toasted. If I had to carry one in skinny jeans all day it'd be the FW7 but my use is mostly at home with a j-hook where the TM gets the nod.

They are the definition of a safe bet in 2021; you can't go wrong.

PXL_20211113_203400885.jpg

Shoutout RBT and the Splinter Z wizard wand of wonder
PXL_20211113_203150818~2.jpg

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
The iHeat does fit the requirement of being narrow enough, for some side by side mods, email Alan to see what he has in stock... I think it is 25mm? Impcognito is no more, you can hunt around they pop up on EntExchange sometimes, sometimes with the side by side mod... However if you hit up Uncle Mark on Instagram, he is putting splinter heaters inside Imp bodies now and can probably make you one!

Otherwise yeah TM and FW7 are my absolute favorite portables anyway!

Duba

Accessory Maker
Not necessary. I like my conduction vapes (Fw7 & Dynavap) for their strong extraction's capacity but convection vapes can give you same results (full roast without hotspot). Maybe they need more technique and patience but for example, My Runt is a heavy hitter, and as i said my Glow18 too!

Firewood is the answer

in picture

Attachments

• ATo2IfZ - Imgur.jpg
    ATo2IfZ - Imgur.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 14
Last edited:

Summer

Long Island, NY
View attachment 14309

Who sells this stem @bossman?

@Antrim50, here's the iHeat thread:

Last edited:

Antrim50

The iHeat doesn't address your (or at least my) portability preference: like the Splinter, Tetra, and Glow it's gonna be a stack of mod, heater, and stem where the stem isn't connected and ideally gets carried separately until you're ready to use it.

The Firewood7 on the other hand is even more portable than the TM and a terrific performer. You have to be on point to catch a Sunday drop but it's not as much of an ordeal as the Tetra drops (and again the Tetra isn't something you load and just throw in your pocket since the ground glass joint makes it much more fragile).

I always say get the TM first because you can just buy it. The TM's dial makes it more versatile than the single button on the FW7 (at least the three presets are adjustable). Whenever you manage to buy a FW7 you can sell either or both for the same price as new in less than a few hours on reddit or a few days in the classifieds.

Oh and I'd disregard all comments about waiting for a FW8: by definition it's only someone who doesn't own a FW7 saying that and there is zero chance any Firewood7 owners experience regrets or fomo for any feetures or performance changes. To a person everyone is just happy they got one because the results are so impressive and consistent.

The FW7's retractable hula stem is a better native solution than the stainless cooling unit in the TM short stem. I still use my TM much more because the convection vapor is what I like while the FW7's added conduction is more stony and toasted. If I had to carry one in skinny jeans all day it'd be the FW7 but my use is mostly at home with a j-hook where the TM gets the nod.

They are the definition of a safe bet in 2021; you can't go wrong.

View attachment 14308

View attachment 14309

Tough call. The FW drops at 2am each Monday in the UK so not sure I will manage to get a new one that way! Maybe i lack dedication 😉 The TM is more accessible.

Antrim50

Yeah for a UK shopper I think the TM is even more of an obvious choice. It's so easy and consistent and the dial is super handy for temp stepping. There's just no guesswork or ghost hits at all with the Tinymight
Thanks. I think I'm heavily leaning towards this now. The option of a 510 is always there but nice to have something I don't have to tinker with to get consistency.

Cheers for your help with this

Top Bottom