5 DT by Herbaltherm - Wand-heated Ball-blaster

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Ok so here are a few thoughts after a couple of bowls.

It's very easy to get vapor. I heated for about 15s. Wait about 20s for a heat soak. Then I heat for about 7s and start testing for vapor. Once it starts flowing I continue heating 2-3s more then remove the Wand.

I can usually get one huge and one average cloud per heat cycle. Once the 5DT is warm though each heat cycle is only about 7s.

I placed it in my 18mm DHGate dimpled sherlock and it was tasty and airy with a wide open draw. Pure convection power. Using the Wand to re-heat definitely feels like re-lighting a pipe. Adding and removing the Wand to alter the temperature of the metal, and in turn the hot air, similarly feels like bringing a match closer to or farther from a pipe. It's a cool dynamic that I feel will be fun to master to get the hits I want.

The bowl is huge. Ryan claims you need about 0.25g just to have it function correctly and efficiently. So far I've tried two bowls around this size and yeah, it worked great but it's a lot 😂. Maybe I'll try smaller bowls to see what happens but I could see this guy being great for sharing.

On the other hand, it is all glass and given that your cooling solution is likely glass too... gotta be careful. Not just for breakage but once the 5DT is up to temp, the outer glass top is raging hot and exposed. The glass handle is appropriately long for a reason. This thing dumped so much heat into my sherlock that it was hard to hold at one point. Quite the beast.

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
I have had a few goes. It feels well made with thick glass.

My first go was on a mason jar bong that i made. To be honest it was kinda disappointing, low temp wispy hits. Did my water piece have a leak? However i was already quite battered when i attempted this, not a good test.

My 2nd go was on a Jhook. The jhook had a 14mm female, so i had to use a glass bowl with a 14mm male and 18mm female on top, held together with a metal glass clip.

I had also seen Ryans video on you tube. I did a full heat cycle on the wand as a preheat. Then heated again and starting hitting the jhook half way through. Wow. After one massive hit, i got one medium sized hit after and it was done. The clouds produced by the 5DT rival my Stunner but are more tasty.

The flavour produced by the 5DT is top tier. The bowl is massive, i have only filled it half way. It eats through weed because of this.

To recap, massive clouds and amazing flavour. So it should be my number 1 vape? I am afraid its failing my reach test.

For my usage situation, its just a bit awkward to use. I have to vape outside and i am left with a red hot piece of glass i have to leave to cool down. Also two heat cycles on the wand means its not quick.

This is definitely a home portable. Not something you can walk down the street using.

I thought maybe it would be difficult to clean, no. The top screen by the heater does not really seem to get dirty. You just have to wipe out the bowl and clean the bottom screen. This is in fact not a concern anymore.

More testing to be done.

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
I was thinking about who the 5DT would be best suited for?

If you already have a wand, and you want a ball vape like experience on the cheap, the 5DT would be a winner.

oddjobold,
Reactions: Vapenvy
Top Bottom