5 DT by Herbaltherm - Wand-heated Ball-blaster

vapefritz

Looks really cool! For everyone who already got a wand and likes glass, this seems perfect.

popitup

I get it, we all go through tough times, and circumstances sound tough currently. What's up with communication though?

He took pre-orders starting back in February, and he's missed the anticipated drop date of March 21st.

He didn't communicate in the forums, or email, and now he's on a cross country road trip for a month that he communicated on Instagram[0] after taking more pre-orders? Bro, just blast out an update, you're already holding people's money for other projects, proactive communication helps people feel more at ease.

Taking pre-orders 2 weeks ago [2] with the "drop" estimated on the 21st [3] is confusing without clarity. Maybe I'm an outlier and he missed my package, or it was lost in shipping, but as someone that has "invested", it just feels shitty to not get an email.

Best of luck to you on your journey, maybe I'll have one show up in June.

[0] https://www.picuki.com/media/3330884339615270544
[1] https://www.picuki.com/media/3328779012876431492
[2] https://herbaltherm.com/products/5dt-does-this-pre-order-buy-it-before-you-can-see-it-drop-on-3-21

Last edited:

unlessFudlic

From what I understand he isn't allowed on the forum. His lack of communication, believe it or not, is often better than what he chooses to communicate. These are not times of great clarity or easy reflection for anyone, by my estimation. Grief can also be a beast, iykyk. You can communicate with him directly, I think as easily as you posted this.
ETA I like your Tempest/3TM combo!

Vapor Mainline

Vapor (Ent)husiast
I’ve had one for a few days now. Been putting it through its paces. There wasn’t really much that’s been said as far as technique goes but I know to run the wand at its highest temp and let it soak for about 15 seconds. It can milk up my 19mm globe nicely. Funny enough I kind of get a similar roast to that of my Milaana devices but that’s just my experience. After you start getting vapor you can keep heating at 10 second intervals or and stir in between hits (you can shake to stir throughout the session as your herb gets less sticky). I only put a few scoops from an old mighty dosing cap in and that doesn’t fill half of the chamber…:ko: :2c:

popitup

I meant herbal therm forums, he was last active March 2nd.

To give him the benefit of the doubt, my preorder was purchased in February with a 3TM intercooler that did ship. I just haven't received the other half of my order concerning the 5DT...

unlessFudlic

I meant herbal therm forums, he was last active March 2nd.

To give him the benefit of the doubt, my preorder was purchased in February with a 3TM intercooler that did ship. I just haven't received the other half of my order concerning the 5DT...
I find it all hard to follow, so I try to think of him as a roving nomad merchant rather than a Mr. Business Store. For the record, I haven't received my 5DT either.

unlessFudlic,
  • Sad
Reactions: dimmusp

popitup

I'm not sure what you are saying is hard to follow, but we can stay on topic on this thread.

Looking forward to eventually maybe getting one of these.

popitup,

dimmusp

Did you guys eventually get your 5DT? If so, how is it?

I’ve had one for a few days now. Been putting it through its paces. There wasn’t really much that’s been said as far as technique goes but I know to run the wand at its highest temp and let it soak for about 15 seconds. It can milk up my 19mm globe nicely. Funny enough I kind of get a similar roast to that of my Milaana devices but that’s just my experience. After you start getting vapor you can keep heating at 10 second intervals or and stir in between hits (you can shake to stir throughout the session as your herb gets less sticky). I only put a few scoops from an old mighty dosing cap in and that doesn’t fill half of the chamber…:ko: :2c:
Does the air go through the metal mesh? Or does the outer glass curve in and go down the middle, isolating the air from the mesh?

Pcloudy

Thanks for the photos!

Oh man, it would have been awesome if the glass was double-walled, with the mesh fully enclosed within the walls. Then you could have a full-glass airpath. 🤤
I don’t think there would be enough surface area at that point to work. You would be hearing metal to then heat the glass but the air would be passing through a hot tube at that point and there just wouldn’t be enough surface area to dump heat. Kind of like when the weed eater got drilled out and people added balls to it and said “dang this might be it boys”

popitup

The vape signature reminds me of the lotus. The flavor is excellent, and I'm not sure I could combust if I tried. In a way, that's a compliment, my vape won't be tarnished by combustion. On the other side of the coin, it takes 2 full cycles of the wand on max to reach a temperature producing decent clouds. It retains heat well, but on the low end of the spectrum, so you end up "topping off" with the wand.

A session probably uses 4-6 full cycles with the wand at max temp. You can pack a massive amount of material in here, the ROI is a little low, but if you're a flavor chaser, or just want to plow through some material, it's a great match.

Debowling is a little awkward because you can't put your mouth on the hot end to blow, and when you use a poker, you're pushing the material back into the vape.

The "blow back feature" in a dry piece (blow into the piece to stir) is nice, however it's been pushing material between the glass and inner screen / heater matrix, which may eventually taint my combustion free piece.

Cleaning looks a little intimidating, but I thought the same about the Tempest, and now that I have a ritual it's not bad.

AnAirlessCell

Oh you can definitely combust it in.... found that one out the hard way lol. All and all though pretty neat little device. I thought cleaning would be more of a bitch but mostly it just needs an iso cotton swap. The top screen doesnt really get very dirty cause of the airflow... just gotta change the basket screen now and then. Mine didn't have balls when I got it so I messed around a bit. So for reference the heater will slide in and out of there without too much effort. If you wanted to take it out and soak the rest you could get away with it. If you do make absolutely sure that everything is dry before you use it again. The glass seems pretty durable but I definitely cracked the bowl piece on my 8RD that way. Ryan hooked me up with replacement but word of warning as a cautionary measure. I don't know if he's got more of them in the supply chain now or not. I got one of the first few he sent out and it seems like there were a couple different configurations in that initial batch. From the pictures it looked like some had more or less balls... slightly longer/shorter heaters... and obviously mine was originally ball-less. Regardless though if you got a wand it's definitely worth trying to get your hands on one. If nothing else is small and easy to take along when you're hanging out with your combustion friends... might even convert a few.

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Even as a huge RBT/Herbalthem fan, I can't keep all the models straight anymore...

But... if you want DEEP flavor that seems to stay on the tongue, this one fits the bill. Something about the vapor signature, really slaps you. The vapor signature is heavy, with combination of both convection and conduction, and really nice flavor.

Like anything Ryan puts out there, if you like it buy ASAP. Dude is the mad scientist type always moving onto the next project. So many previous discounted vapes of his ala Zion were only available short periods of time.

AnAirlessCell

I just ordered one of these. I'm up in Canada so hope it doesn't take an eternity to get, or have it held up at customs 😬🤞

I'll write up a review when I can.
You won't be disappointed. There's definitely some trail and error with it, but once you get it figured out it will reliably smack you in the face and taste good doing it.

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
You won't be disappointed. There's definitely some trail and error with it, but once you get it figured out it will reliably smack you in the face and taste good doing it.
Nice. I hope so, because tasty smacks in the face are my thing 🤤😜

Can you suggest any timings you like to use? I watched Ryan's video and I remember him saying he used a 15sec pre-heat at 800, then like 600 for 10-15 sec for the first hit, and after that I think he kept lowering the Wand temp to account for all the heat stored in the glass.

AnAirlessCell

Honestly been a minute since I used it cause VAS... and you know 2ZM. Also I did mess around with the ball content in mine so what I do now probably would be over kill.
When I got it I think I was doing 725 for a full cycle then 725 for the first hit then step down as needed. I never liked to pack it super full though, so most of the time I could get it pretty well cooked in 2 or 3 good hits. It can definitely do bigger loads no problem... but I usuallu don't.

Yoosh

Company Rep
Hey everyone! I'm so excited to hear more feedback on the 5DT :rockon: I think it's a no brainer buy if you already have a wand, or a 16mm coil. I have tons of vapcaps that I take on-the-go and heat using induction but this is the first induction-powered glass convection vape that's portable! If you want to take big, tasty rips through glass while out and about this is the ticket!

Here's some new pics of the 5DT:

5DT.jpg

5DT-2.jpg

Lastly, here's 3 new videos of 5DT usage!

The first video is an unboxing and overview:

Next up is a usage video of the 5DT with the Wand!

Lastly we have a 5DT usage video with the Hot Hole:

I'll be doing both a giveaway and an auction for 5DTs on IG! Come check it out and you could win a free or discounted 5DT

Last edited:

Yoosh

Company Rep
The first auction for a 5DT went great, congrats to @Chizz213! I will be doing more auctions and giveaways every week on Instagram :)

I just ordered one of these. I'm up in Canada so hope it doesn't take an eternity to get, or have it held up at customs 😬🤞

I'll write up a review when I can.

Can't wait to hear what you think!

Yoosh,
Reactions: raisin
Top Bottom