303 vs 304 stainless steel grinder? Which one is better?

Finessseee

SS grinders seem like the future if you want something that will last a lifetime and is technically safer overall compared to aluminum.. that said, I see some companies are using 303 and others are using 304 stainless steel.. so which one is better? I want to buy a SS grinder for Black Friday.. but unsure if I should be narrowing down my options based off 303 / 304 SS. Anyone have more information on this? Mainly from a health and science perspective!

Finessseee,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I think you could research it, but I don't think there's much difference, SS 316 is the highest quality one that no one seems to be using for this purpose though, 303 and 304 seem like they would be the same thing and common for most appliances and other grinders that I've seen and other grinders that I've seen (where are you seeing one or the other, which one is more common? Could be a mistake for all I know haha)

Finessseee

I think you could research it, but I don't think there's much difference, SS 316 is the highest quality one that no one seems to be using for this purpose though, 303 and 304 seem like they would be the same thing and common for most appliances and other grinders that I've seen and other grinders that I've seen (where are you seeing one or the other, which one is more common? Could be a mistake for all I know haha)

Herb Ripper = 304 SS
ZAM = 304 SS
BCG = 304 SS
Odin = 304 SS
Flower Mill = 304 SS
Old Mate Designs = 304 SS
Iaso = 303/304/316 SS
Evolf = 303 SS
Lift = 303 Stainless steel is used in the grinder body 304 Stainless Steel is used in the sifting discs.

303 is not considered food safe. 304 stainless steel contains a higher percentage of chromium (18-20%) and nickel (8-10.5%) than 303 stainless steel, which not only gives it superior corrosion resistance, but higher strength.. but 303 SS has sulfur in it which isn’t safe.

This is based off my armchair knowledge. Seems like most of these companies are going with 304 SS. Looks like 304 is the way to go?

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Lift = 303 Stainless steel is used in the grinder body 304 Stainless Steel is used in the sifting discs.

303 is not considered food safe

Wow I cannot believe they are cheaping out like that, it is one of the most expensive, seemingly the only that is using 303 for the body, despite a unique novel design I was hoping to try someday... So now I'm pretty sure I never will lol fuck em I guess :uhh::lol:

This is based off my armchair knowledge. Seems like most of these companies are going with 304 SS. Looks like 304 is the way to go?

Haha yeah that was a harsh take but just based off this I could also research further myself I just don't really care either way, yeah when I saw they were using 304 I was a little disappointed and surprised it wasn't 316 myself but all doing it so what can you do? I wouldn't go with iaso regardless so yeah I think you're fine with 304 for the grinders if you don't want aluminum of course :2c:

Top Bottom