• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

2021 Log Recommendations

SF Giant

Reluctant vape collector
Hey guys and gals, I’m just getting back into vaping after an extended layoff and am remembering how much I loved my old CRZ (I sold it on here, hmu if you have it lol) and was wondering what are the pros and cons of the popular logs these days and which you’d recommend personally. Mainly looking at E-nano, Woodscents, and the old tried and true Underdogs...which is the log to rule them all? Thanks

sunyata

IG: sunyata.woods
Accessory Maker
If you want the biggest bowl and probably biggest hit, underdog alpha, and the whole underdog lineup is really good. I have a normal sc3 and love it, needs a little time between hits though, the sc3+ may be a lil better at that. Woodscents is also great, bit quicker recovery than sc3 in my experience, dynavap tip compatibility is great (but tips vary in inner diameter and not all may fit your WS). No experience with the e-nano, just know that a fair amount of people have poor CS experiences (very much unlike the other former two manufacturers).

I can only speak to the Woodscents, but I'm very happy with mine. Zero issues after two years of ownership here. Performance is excellent and Dynavap compatibility allows for many different stem options. I prefer glass cooling stems with my WS. As @sunyata mentions, the variability in Dynavap tips can be very frustrating. My advice is to get your tip directly from Ed.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Hey guys and gals, I’m just getting back into vaping after an extended layoff and am remembering how much I loved my old CRZ (I sold it on here, hmu if you have it lol) and was wondering what are the pros and cons of the popular logs these days and which you’d recommend personally. Mainly looking at E-nano, Woodscents, and the old tried and true Underdogs...which is the log to rule them all? Thanks

You forgot about the heat island, Alan makes a wide variety, two different styles of both small and large size heaters cores, waitlist for exotic custom orders, but he has a lot on hand for sale now if you email him as the site is still being updated... He is offering cork and bamboo bodies among other things, I believe you can get a log the cheapest from him or probably most expensive if you want! So I say HI rules

Last edited:

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
My sense is barring the outliers (e.g. alpha dogs and much larger bowls) they’ll all perform roughly similar. Fwiw I also love my Woodscents. Something I appreciate about the dv tip vs the glass stem options is that letting it heat soak for a minute or two before killing a bowl gets the ti tip up to temp enough that I get an extremely even and consistent bake of my flower without the need to stir.

I guess for what it’s worth I’m in no rush to buy another, but if I did I’d get a heat island. The photos I’ve seen of the bamboo look amazing for the price, and I’m really curious about his glass-wrapped heaters.

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
Someone did a great comparison of Underdog vs E-nano. Its a few years old but logs haven't really changed much. Check it out: https://fuckcombustion.com/resources/comparison-between-underdog-log-vape-and-e-nano.9/

I see OP already made a purchase but for other readers it is worth noting that was written in 2015, I believe underdog has gone through quite a few changes since then...I would assume E Nano has too but I dont know much about them. Not sure how relevant it actually is...

SF Giant

Reluctant vape collector
I see OP already made a purchase but for other readers it is worth noting that was written in 2015, I believe underdog has gone through quite a few changes since then...I would assume E Nano has too but I dont know much about them. Not sure how relevant it actually is...
Lol, I didn’t notice the date but I was leaning towards the Nano as is

RedEyeFlightControl

Inventor,Maker, Pro Nerd, Entgineer, GladScientist
Manufacturer
@RedEyeFlightControl is teasing a new log vape with release TBA. Not sure what your timeline is like, might not be worth the wait but it's definitely worth keeping an eye on.
This is true :)

No timeline on release yet - still working on sourcing remaining parts for batch 1. But you'll know almost as soon as we do, we're about ready to rock and roll!

I do need to clarify that this is not solely my project, though. REFC Labs LLC has agreed to hold the IP licenses for said designs, but there are multiple developers to credit for this. Keep your eyes peeled on reddit, insta, and the AVD (the old new vaporents) discord where I also occasionally drop goodies.

All of us is smarter than one of us, and there are multiple parties working on refining, unit testing, and documenting this project in parallel. I have a few teasers out on insta and YT. I hope to be able to announce a launch soon! Post Covid Logistics be a harsh mistress.

I'll do my best to entertain questions as I am able, but do be aware we are operating as a group NDA at this time, so information will be limited until the group OK's dissemination. We expect our release to be somewhat unorthodox for several reasons which I cannot explain yet, and don't have a proper ETA yet. Just being realistic. I'm excited, though! I think it will be very well received.

Cheers!

~Red

AWistfulNihilist

Here's another demo of the unit, in addition to retail offerings, there will be DIY instructions.

Long story short, hopefully people can make their own not much money or difficulty, even less than the current diy logs, but compatible with them in some ways.

Last edited:

JEMSKU

This is true :)

No timeline on release yet - still working on sourcing remaining parts for batch 1. But you'll know almost as soon as we do, we're about ready to rock and roll!

I do need to clarify that this is not solely my project, though. REFC Labs LLC has agreed to hold the IP licenses for said designs, but there are multiple developers to credit for this. Keep your eyes peeled on reddit, insta, and the AVD (the old new vaporents) discord where I also occasionally drop goodies.

All of us is smarter than one of us, and there are multiple parties working on refining, unit testing, and documenting this project in parallel. I have a few teasers out on insta and YT. I hope to be able to announce a launch soon! Post Covid Logistics be a harsh mistress.

I'll do my best to entertain questions as I am able, but do be aware we are operating as a group NDA at this time, so information will be limited until the group OK's dissemination. We expect our release to be somewhat unorthodox for several reasons which I cannot explain yet, and don't have a proper ETA yet. Just being realistic. I'm excited, though! I think it will be very well received.

Cheers!

~Red

Here's another demo of the unit, in addition to retail offerings, there will be DIY instructions.

Long story short, hopefully people can make their own not much money or difficulty, even less than the current diy logs, but compatible with them in some ways.

Halogen! This is great news, definitely a tech I've been eager to try in vaporizing :D And the cost discussion has me very interested, I'll be following this closely!

Top Bottom