• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

14mm injector bowls?

I have a CouchLog, the heater fits 14mm female joints natively. I’m interested in trying it “injector style” with a glass bowl, similar to the DCE, FP, etc.

Does anyone know of a 14mm female to 14mm male adapter that accepts a standard size screen in the middle? I’d prefer non-DH Gate if possible. I like buying American glass when I can.

letter never sent,

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
haven't come across any in my travels and I don't currently have a use for one so I haven't been looking but you might want to try TAG glass I know they have 18mm. only 14mm adapter I know is for Minivap but its a 18mm male

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
We have a separate thread for them now in general:
But I've never seen 14 to 14, if you cannot find one that looks good from TAG, try Oregon Glass Blower!

@Hippie yeah, Elev8r bowl with an adapter might work, but I agree that the heater may sit too far from the herb.

TAG doesn’t have anything that will work from what I can see. I might ask OGB if he could make one custom.

TIL that @invertedisdead sells one on their site:

I wonder how that would work with the CouchLog. Looks like you may be able to get the heater a bit closer to the herb with this one. I do find myself wishing it was closer with the official CL glass bowl.

@invertedisdead what size screens does your glass bowl take?

coolbreeze

I wonder how that would work with the CouchLog. Looks like you may be able to get the heater a bit closer to the herb with this one. I do find myself wishing it was closer with the official CL glass bowl.

Brings it real close, maybe 1/3 inch?
IMG-3519.jpg

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
TIL that @invertedisdead sells one on their site:

Well that's pretty fast considering I just put them up on the website yesterday :lol:

Thanks a lot for the mention!

I use half inch stainless steel screens (12.7MM)
I personally run them at the bottom of the female joint, but some people like to push them all the way to the bottom down by the handle.

Heads up, I don't have any of these in stock right now, I just added them yesterday with my SX pre-order, but I'll be placing an order for more adapters probably today.

coolbreeze

Has anyone tried the Dfreez CL bowl with the Z8? I'm curious if the shelf is a problem. I think, @coolbreeze, that you have the Z8 and the Dfreez bowl?
I do, and unfortunately the opening is too small to seat the heater, it just sorta slides across the top. I'd love to see him make a more general-purpose 14mm injector bowl with an actual 14mm taper inside.

coolbreeze

Thanks for posting this image. Do you (or anyone else?) use this bowl with you Couchlog? If so, was wondering how it may work in practice. Or does it just get too close to work well? TIA!
I'll give it a try afterwhile.

@rvarick , I just tried it with maybe .05g+ and set at about 4.6 (pretty low on mine) and it worked like a charm. Reasonably even brown, great flavor, great effects. Works fine at low temps, I would say. :tup:

Last edited:
coolbreeze,
Reactions: rvarick

coolbreeze

Definitely a unique looking bowl.

Is it frosted inside?

How does the screen sit in it?

Seems a bit far from the load, did you have to turn your PID temps up?
I'll get some pics together but it is frosted, and then it expands slightly to a small chamber with 3 teeth that hold the screen securely with a little friction. Didn't have to turn it up at all. It's at 480 F and it roasted very well for that temp. It feels open, too.

Edit: You can see the chamber is short and narrows at the top; I think the shape holds it tight. On the 18mm the injector nozzle comes much closer to the screen (Hot Rod, B0) so I may position the screen below the spikes (at the chamber's bottom) a slight PITA. The 14mm, though, seems perfect for the Phase3 heads. I assume it's also perfect with the Thunderbolt!

IMG-4617.jpg

Last edited:

howie105

The working model around here, at the moment is a wooden size adapter. The top side gets stepped bored to accept a 14 mm to 14 mm male to male and the bottom side gets stepped, counter bored to work with either a 14 mm or 18 mm male to male load carrier using an associated rimmed, top hat screen as the load carrier.
Early 14 mm version, for a PID driven Elev8r.

Top Bottom